Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Deion flips #1 5* from state of FL

12,434 Views | 87 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
PatAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cliff Booth said:

I want him to fail.

This radio interview, where he derides the host for code switching (using proper English) is my reason.

He's just a phony, but that's actually a point in his favor for being a successful college coach. They all are
GinMan
AG
Deion Sanders It's definitely a player's coach. He's also genuine in his interest of helping students excel in life. I don't think he took this kind of job for fame or money. He's in it for the betterment of student athletes. Nothing but good will come from this program.
jonb02
AG
How is he a phony?

He played in 2 Super Bowls and a World Series. Scored a nfl TD and hit a mlb HR in the same week. One person has done that.

He isn't a phony at all and completely understands the commitment necessary to succeed at the level he is coaching at.

AWP 97
AG
jonb02 said:

How is he a phony?

He played in 2 Super Bowls and a World Series. Scored a nfl TD and hit a mlb HR in the same week. One person has done that.

He isn't a phony at all and completely understands the commitment necessary to succeed at the level he is coaching at.

I can't tell if you are being serious. Deion's athletic ability has nothing to do with his sincerity. He is a huge phony but like mentioned earlier, a lot if not most coaches are.
AggieDub04
AG
TheTruthsLastHope said:

He is Ass My Dude said:

Cliff Booth said:

I want him to fail.

This radio interview, where he derides the host for code switching (using proper English) is my reason.

Hey, Deon,

How about the guy uses whatever fn voice and enunciation he so chooses. Maybe you could be honest and explain to Jackson State why you left for a University that might have 500 African Americans, out of 38K students. Is that really you, Mr HBC?

Dude is FOS.

Well one it's spelled Deion but maybe you've never seen the name spelled before. Colorado has 41,500 black students so maybe you're angry at a narrative you made up in your head. But yea let's go with he's a FOS and not the random guy hurling pure hate and insults and a person who doesn't know he exist…..
The University of Colorado has a student body of just over 36k of which 9.3% is African American so maybe check your math before trolling?
Rudyjax
AG
Lake08 said:

He'll always recruit great because he can relate to the players, but will get exposed as a HC in very short order
I don't know. Put the right coordinators in place and he'll do well. He has down the hardest part of college coaching which is recruiting.

NoahAg
TheTruthsLastHope said:

Well one it's spelled Deion but maybe you've never seen the name spelled before. Colorado has 41,500 black students so maybe you're angry at a narrative you made up in your head. But yea let's go with he's a FOS and not the random guy hurling pure hate and insults and a person who doesn't know he exist…..
Dude, I don't think there are 41,500 black people in the entire state, let alone at CU. Come on, man!
Let's go, Brandon!
jja79
AG
Sounds like you know him pretty well to be able to make that judgment.
Faustus
AggieDub04 said:

rootube said:

Would you care to elaborate on these statistics? What is a lower level? Most coaches at a HBCU never get a shot at a P5 so I'd be interested to know where your "stats" come from.
Prior to 2006 the divisions in football were D1, D2, etc. That switched to Division 1 FBS, Division 1 FCS, etc. Anything outside of FBS I would consider "lower".

My "stats" as you call them are available on the internet. Below are the instances of a coach going from a non-FBS head coaching position to a P5 head coaching position since 2010. If you want to refute my note that most fail please do so, otherwise you can drop the quotation marks as if suggesting the actual data doesn't support my assertion.

Scot Satterfield - 25-24 record in four years at Louisville
Neal Brown - 22-25 record in four years at West Virginia
Mike Macintyre - 34-52 record in 7 years between Colorado and FIU
Derek Dooley - 15-21 record in 3 years at Tennessee
Eli Drinkwitz - 17-19 record in three years at Missouri
Sonny Dykes - 62-50 record in 10 years from Cal to SMU to TCU

Depending on how you quantify fail I would say 4 of 6 or 5 of 6. Either of those would quantify as most per my assertion.
Most coaches at P5 schools fail regardless of provenance.
TX_Aggie37
AG
He was exactly the kind of hire Colorado needed to make, and he's doing exactly what he was hired to do which is draw eyes and gain momentum. Nobody has cared this much about Colorado football in 20-25 years. For that reason alone he has been a tremendous success as a hire.

I am very curious to see how all this translates on the field. And of course if it goes bad then as soon as he is relieved of his duties Colorado will go back to the gutter. But for now it's foolish to ignore or dismiss what he's doing up there.
BTHOB-98
I hope that He wins the pack 12 for the next 5 years. Screw Lincoln and USC!
aggie-1997
AG
KCup17 said:

Wonder what will happen if they suck next season?
Hopefully they have a their own version of TexAgs to help them answer this question.

DallasAg 94
Only Fans Director
BTHOB-98 said:

I hope that He wins the pack 12 for the next 5 years. Screw Lincoln and USC!
USC will be in the big 10 soon.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
AggieDub04 said:

TheTruthsLastHope said:

He is Ass My Dude said:

Cliff Booth said:

I want him to fail.

Hey, Deon,

How about the guy uses whatever fn voice and enunciation he so chooses. Maybe you could be honest and explain to Jackson State why you left for a University that might have 500 African Americans, out of 38K students. Is that really you, Mr HBC?

Dude is FOS.

The University of Colorado has a student body of just over 36k of which 9.3% is African American so maybe check your math before trolling?

The 41,500 number is for the entirety of Colorado public schools.
I'm not sure what kind of narrative LiesFirstStop was trying to spin with that one.
Faustus
TX_Aggie37 said:

He was exactly the kind of hire Colorado needed to make, and he's doing exactly what he was hired to do which is draw eyes and gain momentum. Nobody has cared this much about Colorado football in 20-25 years. For that reason alone he has been a tremendous success as a hire.

I am very curious to see how all this translates on the field. And of course if it goes bad then as soon as he is relieved of his duties Colorado will go back to the gutter. But for now it's foolish to ignore or dismiss what he's doing up there.

I'm thinking it's still a gamble to hire a coach outside of FBS who nonetheless brings in talent, cache, and an immediate winning history, even though the last 5 CU coaches dating back to 2006 have failed, including UCLA's sloppy seconds at HC.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Colorado_Buffaloes_head_football_coaches

I've seen Dub's stats about those six coaches hired from outside of FBS since 2010, and only one or two of them have been more successful than CU's last five coaches.

It's just hard to justify CU opting for the less traditional candidate who can immediately upgrade their talent level and profile but might turn some people off instead of what's traditional and not been working.
TX_Aggie37
AG
I agree they could have gone with a more proven option, but I promise you nobody would be paying this much attention to them and their recruiting wouldn't be as good if they had. Also you have to wonder how many "traditional" or experienced guys out there would want that job. It was kind of perfect timing where Deion was a hot name with a lot of flash, but none of the bigger programs wanted to take the risk you allude to.

They needed a shot of life in the worst way and they found it. Again I don't know how it'll transfer to on-field performance, which in the end is all that matters, but right now he's doing everything they needed him to do.
Harry Dunne
Lake08 said:

He'll always recruit great because he can relate to the players, but will get exposed as a HC in very short order
And if he succeeds, Im sure you'll just come up with another excuse rather than giving him credit.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.