Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Chris Marshal Gone

19,285 Views | 83 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by AgDotCom
TMartin
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Speedy Noil, Zach Evans, Demond Demas, Denver Harris, Chris Marshall......no thanks.
Gyles Marrett
TMartin said:

Speedy Noil, Zach Evans, Demond Demas, Denver Harris, Chris Marshall......no thanks.
Zach Evans didn't have issues (yet) following the laws. Attitude potential problem yes and I think he had some bad influences even within his family in his ear during the recruiting process. It is seeming to work out for him at Ole Miss.

The other 4 you listed seem to prefer to break the law than play football. Beating women or smoking pot is higher on their list of things to do than play football.
southwestag
I'll say this - I've known his family before he was even thought of and he had folks in his corner from day 1 - he ain't from the hood by no means so a lot of this is a product of today's environment when kids excel but folks cant' discipline like they used to or the kid is gone -

Texas A&M knew what they were getting but there were some who thought college would've matured him also so why not take a chance?

newbie11
Bill Superman said:

Is this the mass exodus everyone talked about?

It kinda sucks, but I think we knew this one might be coming.

With Moose and Evans showing out, it looks like we are in good hands at WR.

Hated that he squandered his chance with us because he looked good at times. But I suspect he's disruptive in the locker room like Denver Harris and PJ Williams
AG
redjalapeno-87 said:

First, I would like to thank the University of Texas A&M and coach Jimbo for his opportunity. I also would like to thank all of the 12th man fans who have supported him throughout his recruitment process and Freshman year.

However, after countless hours of discussion this year on TexAgs, I feel like the best thing to do is to respect his suspension and porthole entry, and wish Chris well as he takes his talents to someplace else that will have him.

Ha! Well done.

"I'll be taking my talents to..."

You know, when guys say this about a school, I wish they would be much more specific. Are you taking your talents to the football program, or the physics department? Please provide clarity...
NowhereMan
Bad company corrupts good players
southwestag
One about College Station and A&M is consistency - if you don't understand the area and history that will never be the place for you - but shoving NIL in front of folks will force more people to chance it
Haricougar
AG
I'm old enough to have seen the show before it was on reruns.
NathanChristie
AG
The sips wanted one of our receivers to transfer. Maybe he will become their problem.
AirAgs
AG
This actually made me think of Johnny. That dude partied all the time and sometimes the night before games. Obviously caught up with him at Cleveland, and cost him a starting spot and ultimately his professional career.

Guy was obviously an all-world athlete, but gave Sumlin, et. al heart attacks along the way.
Nino Brown
We've had a few kids enter the transfer portal and a few enter the trash portal.

It's not hard to tell the difference fellas.
Bunk Moreland
AirAgs said:

This actually made me think of Johnny. That dude partied all the time and sometimes the night before during games. Obviously caught up with him at Cleveland, and cost him a starting spot and ultimately his professional career.

Guy was obviously an all-world athlete, but gave Sumlin, et. al heart attacks along the way.
FIFY
BigOil
AG
4 said:

Go read the kid's Instagram posts. He's f'ing clueless. Everything is someone else's fault, he's been treated unfairly, blah blah blah... I'm from the streets... Yackity yack.

Total waste. Can't do much with dumb.

So much empathy for a kid, shocking he would want to leave here. What's the point in talking trash like that because you're mad we had a bad season in the W-L column?

Pretty sure everyone here had their own issues in HS and early college, but fortunately there were no tools for the world to see it in real time.
AgDotCom
BigOil said:

Pretty sure everyone here had their own issues in HS and early college, but fortunately there were no tools for the world to see it in real time.
Yes, I had them. And yes, I had to own them. What I didn't do, and couldn't do, is pawn them off on someone else.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.