Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Josh Pate on Deion/CU program tonight:

8,260 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by BadAggie
vance-
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
He said Deion will make "What Lincoln Riley did look tame by comparison". He added that he doesnt think Colorado will have room for all the 4-5 star kids that reach out to him. If JP is right, which he usually is, we could be seeing the biggest turnaround of a program in a year span in the history of the sport. CU could legitametly have the talent to take on anyone in the country next szn.
cc10106
bullsh*********t
Gramercy Riffs
AG
People really still say "szn"?
mm42
No doubt Colorado is going to kill it in the portal. They will get a ton of talented kids. But will they be talented kids who were kicked out of their previous school or good kids that are also players? I bet he loads up on high risk, high reward kids.
AWP 97
AG
You can have all the 5 and 4 stars you want but someone has to coach them. Baptist preaching only takes you so far.
DenverAggie
AG
He'll have a year of two of good recruiting, but CU does not have the donors to compete with the NIL money that the Trojans, Aggies, or 10 other programs can offer.

Also, people here think Prime will leave CU in 2 or 3 years for several reasons: sons will be drafted, climate, culture, wins = big raise somewhere else, institutional support is lacking, NIL competition, and USC & UCLA leaving Pac12 in 2 years gives him a good chance to win and then move on.
vance-
AG
Yes they do boomer get with the program
Post removed:
by user
Sparkie
AG
vance- said:

Yes they do boomer get with the program
Szn sds lk smt a dB wd sy.
BadAggie
AG
FAT SEXY said:

JFC the Deion posts never end.
dixichkn
AG
He'll get a lot of highly rated star chasers. Let's see if he can turn them into a TEAM. If he can, more power to him
Divining Rod
glad he brought his luggage-he's gonna need it when
his schtick wears thin…
itsyourboypookie
Colorado has facilities, and Deion has national NIL money. He doesn't need boosters if BMW and Walmart are lined up to pay.

He's also the only 5 star recruit coaching. You don't think 4&5 star 'problem' kids are going to listen to him? He knows what it takes for them to reach their goals
1991sir
mm42 said:

No doubt Colorado is going to kill it in the portal. They will get a ton of talented kids. But will they be talented kids who were kicked out of their previous school or good kids that are also players? I bet he loads up on high risk, high reward kids.

I mean, they aren't going to get arrested for weed there like they do here… dude was a genius taking the CU job.
45-70Ag
AG
His success will most likely come down to his staff and if Zimmer is his DC along with getting the guys from Alabama he's rumored to be getting, Colorado is about to explode.
AggDogg61
As long as practice is done before 4:19, he will have a lot of happy players.
And hungry ones.
AggieMainland
It will help that he is in the PAC and won't need to play USC starting in 2024. Easier to turn things around. He doesn't need to beat the Alabama's of the world right away. Just needs to take care of business vs the Arizona States of the world.
Phoenix1
The bar is so low at CU right now he can't help but clear it. CU has horrible alumni $support though & he'll bolt for warmer weather & more $ first chance he gets.
agent-maroon
AG
Gramercy Riffs said:

People really still say "szn"?
lolpoors that can't afford vowels
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Harry Dunne
AWP 97 said:

You can have all the 5 and 4 stars you want but someone has to coach them. Baptist preaching only takes you so far.
That story sounds familiar
dbangZip95
AG
The brighter the flame, the faster it burns out.
Deion basically looked at Lincoln Riley and said "hold my beer."

I give it 2 years (of pretty good results) before major infractions are revealed and an Arizona State type of thing unfolds.
The Collective
AG
Why was CU the best option for Deion? Think about it. Either he just loves to be the underdog or no one else was willing to hand them program over to him.
Petrino1
Phoenix1 said:

The bar is so low at CU right now he can't help but clear it. CU has horrible alumni $support though & he'll bolt for warmer weather & more $ first chance he gets.
Deion's son had million dollar NIL deals while at JSU with: Mercedes, Tom Brady's clothing line, Gatorade, Beats by Dre etc, and thats only what I read on google. He was ranked as the #9 most valuable CFB player regarding his NIL valuation.

Thats what he was able to get while at JSU, imagine at CU. Being associated with Deion will bring a lot of national NIL money to the CU program. Its not like here in Texas where the local alumni and sponsors are largely the ones funding these NIL deals.
Petrino1
The Collective said:

Why was CU the best option for Deion? Think about it. Either he just loves to be the underdog or no one else was willing to hand them program over to him.
It was either CU or Auburn, and Auburn went with Freeze over Deion. CU was the only option left. Deion was talking to USF as well but don't think they are able to pay what CU is paying.

Although, I think he could have waited one more year and had his pick of a much better job.
ClearlyJustSomeAg
AG
I think I've read every hot take on Texags from "he'll fail spectacularly" to "he'll make CU into the next powerhouse" and everything in between.

One of y'all is bound to be right.
TMartin
Bill McCartney flashed into Boulder, Co back in the 80s and turned the Buff football program around from the doormat of the Big 8. Does anybody remember how that ultimately turned out after the co-national championship in 1990. People in Colorado like to ski, bike, jog, climb, hike, and get mellow more than they care about football. Just my opinion.
AggieOO
AggDogg61 said:

As long as practice is done before 4:19, he will have a lot of happy players.
And hungry ones.
why do people continually reference weed in colorado? You can literally make this statement about dozens and dozens of schools. Colorado isn't "special" in this regard. USC, UCLA, Oregon, New Mexico State, UNLV, Arizona State, Michigan, Michigan State...the list goes on and on.
AgBandsman
AG
vance- said:

He said Deion will make "What Lincoln Riley did look tame by comparison". He added that he doesnt think Colorado will have room for all the 4-5 star kids that reach out to him. If JP is right, which he usually is, we could be seeing the biggest turnaround of a program in a year span in the history of the sport. CU could legitametly have the talent to take on anyone in the country next szn.
The zoo is wrong about Deion (but they are wrong about alot of things). Coach Prime will be successful.
HowdyTexasAggies
AG
AgBandsman said:

vance- said:

The zoo is wrong about Deion (but they are wrong about alot of things). Coach Prime will be successful.

Based on what?
EllisCoAg
AG
i heard a hypothetical a while back if this NIL and portal situations could turn a down and out program, they were using New Mexico State, into a powerhouse overnight. I think this is about to play out.

Interesting times indeed.
I wanna see our defense pissed off, not confused, maybe a little murder in their hearts Reload12, 11/4/11
one safe place
mm42 said:

My guess is that he will have the highest percentage of problem children on the roster than anyone else in the country.
Know Your Enemy
AG
dbangZip95 said:

The brighter the flame, the faster it burns out.
Deion basically looked at Lincoln Riley and said "hold my beer."

I give it 2 years (of pretty good results) before major infractions are revealed and an Arizona State type of thing unfolds.

What "major infractions" are you expecting in the day of NIL?
EclipseAg
AG
I don't doubt that Sanders will recruit well and maybe even coach a bit.

I think he'll be tripped up by the off-the-field responsibilities that a P5 head coach must manage properly, and it will likely boil down to his mouth getting him in trouble.

If you've seen the clip of him embarrassing the JSU beat reporter by calling out his "code switching" for using a professional radio voice during an interview, you know what I mean.

It also wasn't that smart to announce that you are bringing a bunch of your players with you before the transfer window officially opens.

Sanders has absolutely no coaching experience at a major college level, and his own college experience was more than 30 years ago -- a completely different era. And while he may have been a great player, there is a lot of evidence that great players don't make good coaches.

schmellba99
AG
I'm trying to figure out the hate for Deion that so many have here.

Did he whip the black snake out and steal your girlfriend or something? I mean, it's almost unhealthy the obsession so many here have with wanting him to fail.
Petrino1
HowdyTexasAggies said:

AgBandsman said:

vance- said:

Based on what?
Past performance. Ability to recruit at a high level. If you are signing top 5 classes every year, then coaching doesnt matter as much.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.