Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Josh Pate on Deion/CU program tonight:

8,264 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by BadAggie
TMartin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AggieOO said:

AggDogg61 said:

As long as practice is done before 4:19, he will have a lot of happy players.
And hungry ones.
why do people continually reference weed in colorado? You can literally make this statement about dozens and dozens of schools. Colorado isn't "special" in this regard. USC, UCLA, Oregon, New Mexico State, UNLV, Arizona State, Michigan, Michigan State...the list goes on and on.
Because places like Washington, Oregon and Colorado were leading the drug movement in America starting back in the 1960s. A lot of that had to do with military service.. Not a criticism but an observation.
HowdyTexasAggies
AG
Past performance where? Highschool and D2 or whatever level?
Brian DeSpain
schmellba99 said:

I'm trying to figure out the hate for Deion that so many have here.

Did he whip the black snake out and steal your girlfriend or something? I mean, it's almost unhealthy the obsession so many here have with wanting him to fail.
. I have no hate for Deion. But he is a self promoter. Deion has and still is about himself only. Deion was a great talent. That does not make him a great coach. Any kid who knows anything about him will laugh when he demands that they be tough and tackle. Especially any DB. Motivation alone does not win games. Talent alone does not win games. And having been a great player does not make you a great coach. Usually guys who had to grind, work and study the game as players make great coaches. Deion may turn Colorado around. I don't know. But I believe if he does he will have to hire great coaches who do the work and let Deion just be "the show."
dbangZip95
AG
Know Your Enemy said:

dbangZip95 said:

The brighter the flame, the faster it burns out.
Deion basically looked at Lincoln Riley and said "hold my beer."

I give it 2 years (of pretty good results) before major infractions are revealed and an Arizona State type of thing unfolds.

What "major infractions" are you expecting in the day of NIL?
There are still a lot of rules (a maze, in fact) regarding when coaches can communicate with recruits, in what way, what benefits are permissible during visits, etc.

I agree that NIL has made a lot of what were previously considered infractions, well...nil. At the very least, it becomes hard to prove things and hard to enforce things.

I think though that unless you have an extremely disciplined and knowledgeable staff, doing these fast-turn transformations will be an environment ripe for running afoul of all the windows and other limitations. Especially combined with look-at-me personalities & social media, something is bound to happen.

I don't have faith that the NCAA can/will do anything. But schools / donor bases also have a say.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Brian DeSpain said:

schmellba99 said:

Did he whip the black snake out and steal your girlfriend or something? I mean, it's almost unhealthy the obsession so many here have with wanting him to fail.
. I have no hate for Deion. But he is a self promoter. Deion has and still is about himself only. Deion was a great talent. That does not make him a great coach. Any kid who knows anything about him will laugh when he demands that they be tough and tackle. Especially any DB. Motivation alone does not win games. Talent alone does not win games. And having been a great player does not make you a great coach. Usually guys who had to grind, work and study the game as players make great coaches. Deion may turn Colorado around. I don't know. But I believe if he does he will have to hire great coaches who do the work and let Deion just be "the show."
Most coaches never played at a high level or even above HS yet players listen to them. Deion starred in the NFL so I doubt he'll have credibility issues.

And Deion is the CEO type of coach like Mack Brown or how many here want Jimbo to be. He is not the play caller on either side of the ball.
Faustus
Gramercy Riffs said:

People really still say "szn"?
It's comeback.
agent-maroon
AG
schmellba99 said:

I want Colorado to fail, so if Deion happens to be a reason for that then so be it. And if he succeeds then there's a good chance he'll be coaching for one of our conference opponents so I'm not all that excited about that outcome either
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Brian DeSpain
Know Your Enemy said:

Brian DeSpain said:

schmellba99 said:

Most coaches never played at a high level or even above HS yet players listen to them. Deion starred in the NFL so I doubt he'll have credibility issues.

And Deion is the CEO type of coach like Mack Brown or how many here want Jimbo to be. He is not the play caller on either side of the ball.
. Yeah, that is what I said in my last sentence. But chasing stars was Mack's downfall at Texas. You have to build a team.
Petrino1
Brian DeSpain said:

Know Your Enemy said:

Brian DeSpain said:

schmellba99 said:

. Yeah, that is what I said in my last sentence. But chasing stars was Mack's downfall at Texas. You have to build a team.
Chasing stars is also what got Mack a natty, and almost a second one. His only #1 recruiting class was the class with VY that won a natty in his jr year.
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
agent-maroon said:

schmellba99 said:

I want Colorado to fail, so if Deion happens to be a reason for that then so be it. And if he succeeds then there's a good chance he'll be coaching for one of our conference opponents so I'm not all that excited about that outcome either

This.
CU students and fans are *******s. And not in a fun/respectable way like other programs. Deion has gotten annoying with his often hollow and hypocritical preaching, but I want this to go poorly because I can't stand CU.
The Lost
ea1060 said:

Phoenix1 said:

The bar is so low at CU right now he can't help but clear it. CU has horrible alumni $support though & he'll bolt for warmer weather & more $ first chance he gets.
Deion's son had million dollar NIL deals while at JSU with: Mercedes, Tom Brady's clothing line, Gatorade, Beats by Dre etc, and thats only what I read on google. He was ranked as the #9 most valuable CFB player regarding his NIL valuation.

Thats what he was able to get while at JSU, imagine at CU. Being associated with Deion will bring a lot of national NIL money to the CU program. Its not like here in Texas where the local alumni and sponsors are largely the ones funding these NIL deals.

He also doesn't have the prop up dei/Hbcu angle anymore… that does matter

Instead of large fish in a small pond, he's now just another guy in the pond. Colorado/Denver isn't a huge area, and doesn't have anything near by. Plus no one gets pac12 network. It's not an easy national sell like propping up and hbcu.
Divining Rod
My guess is he alienates a crap load of his players and they have perennial "locker room issues". Those kind of coaches don't last long. We'll see.
DallasAg 94
AggieOO said:

AggDogg61 said:

As long as practice is done before 4:19, he will have a lot of happy players.
And hungry ones.
why do people continually reference weed in colorado? You can literally make this statement about dozens and dozens of schools. Colorado isn't "special" in this regard. USC, UCLA, Oregon, New Mexico State, UNLV, Arizona State, Michigan, Michigan State...the list goes on and on.
Because it is a "Rocky Mountain High."
BadAggie
AG
Lol. Jimbo reeled in the number 1 class of all time and went 5-7.

But Deion did an ad with Satan

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.