Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Who on this roster exceeded your expectations?

3,788 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Ag_EE_88
dixichkn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Of course Achane and Weigman……I'm talking someone a little more under the radar that caught your eye.

I'm going with 3. Albert Regis got his name called a lot this year. Kid balled out. So did Jarred Kerr IMO. On the offensive side, Dewberry came in and immediately shored up that LG position.

Who y'all got?
warrington74
AG
McKinley Jackson became a beast at the end of the
Bunk Moreland
Bryce Anderson as a true freshman before his injury surprised me to the point that I think he will be the de facto leader of the defense for the next 2-3 years.

Weigman did not surprise me at all. I knew he was super talented. He had some good games and some bad games but I don't attribute a lot of that to him but more the coaching and personnel available to him in those games. He'll be great next year.

McKinley when healthy performed as expected.

Nobody really stood out as a "WOW" player that we didn't already have a sense for.
Bunk Moreland
Kam should start every game for the rest of his career at A&M and that will be nice.
AgfromHOU
AG
Fadil Diggs before he got hurt
StoopingLow
Donovan Green
AG
Randy Bond
TexAggie1999
I think Evan Stewart did really well. I don't think we really know how good Connor Weigman will be. He played well at times and not well at times, but I do view it as a positive sign that he wasn't bad as a true freshman. I just don't think we know yet whether he will be a top quarterback or not.
dixichkn
AG
Evan did play really really well. Did not disappoint. But also came in as the #1 WR recruit in the country
TokinAg
AG
Honestly, Evan Stewart.. he reminds me a lot of Christian Kirk in his final year. I'm looking forward to seeing him in Maroon & White for the next 2 years.

Weigman would be a close 2nd.. for him to come in later in the season as the 3rd string QB and deliver some commendable performances was impressive.
StinkyPinky
AG
Moose. I thought he had the ability to be a #3 or #2 receiver, but now he convinced me he could be a #1 on majority of teams. His hands are on another level.
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
i know this may sound crazy but demani richardson. he was already a really good player but i think he really exceeded expectations. he had a great season, was the defensive leader, and stabilizing force on a very young defense. he made two huge plays that won ball games vs arky and lsu. he played is way up higher in the draft this season in my opinion. and although i had high expectations he was quite a bit better this year.
jaxisback
Moose for me.

I thought up until about the fourth game of this season he looked like Tarzan played like Jane. In my unofficial recollection, he almost dropped more passes than he caught.

After about game four of this season he went from Randy no name to Randy Moss overnight.
txaggieacct85
AG
Conner
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Weigman, especially after all the "y'all are idiots Weigman won't fix anything" bull**** we were subject to on this board for the first 8 weeks of the season
-Ben There/R.C.
AG
TexAggie1999 said:

I think Evan Stewart did really well. I don't think we really know how good Connor Weigman will be. He played well at times and not well at times, but I do view it as a positive sign that he wasn't bad as a true freshman. I just don't think we know yet whether he will be a top quarterback or not.

I'll save you the suspense. If he remains healthy, he will be an All American. Mark it.

The talent is so easy to see. Some of you are overthinking things.
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
4 said:

TexAggie1999 said:

I'll save you the suspense. If he remains healthy, he will be an All American. Mark it.

The talent is so easy to see. Some of you are overthinking things.

CW is a stud it's obvious. quick release, rocket arm, great pocket presence, knows how to step up in the pocket to assist tackles, great athlete, can make every throw from every arm angle.

and as important as all that he has that IT factor, dude is a leader, that the other players follow. the best thing by far that came out of this season is CW. he is the foundation moving forward. no playoff caliber team gets there without a great qb. we have one just needs more time.
jp95
AG
Definately Moose. I don't know what happened but he flipped a switch. Just hate the sleeve thing happened at Auburn. He could have turned that L into a W.
greg.w.h
AG
Ghost of Bisbee said:

Weigman, especially after all the "y'all are idiots Weigman won't fix anything" bull**** we were subject to on this board for the first 8 weeks of the season
He didn't fix the line in the LSU game. Zero sacks is definitely partly due to his play but the line outperformed expectations especially fans had for the game.

I don't know exactly why Jimbo delayed starting him, but Max was serviceable as a QB prior to Brian Kelly showing up. Why he disappeared here isn't because Conner was better. That's just false.
StonewallAggieDEFENSE
Jimbo….that's right, I never would have hired him. Great to see this years success because of him.
"If I told you we would beat texas you would say I was braggin'. If I told you we won't beat 'em, I'd be lyin' to you". -Texas A&M Head footbal coach Emory Bellard's response to a reporter before the game, 1975.
rootube
AG
jp95 said:

Definately Moose. I don't know what happened but he flipped a switch. Just hate the sleeve thing happened at Auburn. He could have turned that L into a W.

If you believe Connor he didn't flip a switch, he does that all the time in practice. The only difference is he got to play when Smith and other WR's in front of him played less.
P.U.T.U
AG
Moose came in as very knowledgeable football player that ran great routes, his hands shocked some.

Conner played well but he came in as a 5-star so he lived up to the hype. So did most of the players that did well like Jackson, Anderson, Stewart(s), Green, etc. which isn't a shock. Not saying this is a bad thing, actually good since for years our highest rated players never seemed to develop or stick around.
TyperWoods
Stewart and Moose on offense.

Shemar Turner and Walter Nolen on Defense.

Was impressed with Weigman's ball security and game management. Excited to see what next season holds for him.

I'm missing some, the freshmen all seemed to do well for freshmen, but that's who really stood out to me.
txaggieacct85
AG
Huh? What game did you watch? Thai kids a stud
Aggie1188
I'm still baffled at Weigman's Auburn game. You'd think he had a concussion for awhile. He looked so much better vs Ole Miss & Lsu.
Aggie1188
greg.w.h said:

Ghost of Bisbee said:

He didn't fix the line in the LSU game. Zero sacks is definitely partly due to his play but the line outperformed expectations especially fans had for the game.

I don't know exactly why Jimbo delayed starting him, but Max was serviceable as a QB prior to Brian Kelly showing up. Why he disappeared here isn't because Conner was better. That's just false.
Weigman scrambled out of a handful of would-be sacks vs Lsu, and either completed a pass or ran it for 1st down on 3rd down. It was clutch.
Muy
AG
Although at the Spring game I felt CW was our best QB, he definitely exceeded Jimbo's expectations.
AggieArchitect04
AG
Evan Stewart.
sirhc
AG
max wright
fightintxaggie10
AG
Chris Russell Jr.
Next Year is the Year
AG
Moose. He somehow completely flipped a switch in the middle of the season. Evan Stewart was as good as advertised. If we could somehow put together a decent OL for next year, the thought of Weigman, Stewart, Moose, Green, and possibly Marshall all together and continuing to develop gets me excited. Next year, always next year.
83Aggie
AG
#1 on Offense. I knew he would be good, but not this good.
Pepe SiIvia
AG
Ghost of Bisbee said:

Lmao Aggie2009 still seething he doesn't suck like King.
W
AG
sidenote on Christian Kirk...

he scored 33 touchdowns in his 3-year A&M career

Moose and Stewart have a lot of work to do to be on Kirk's level
Aggies2009
AG
Pepe SiIvia said:

Ghost of Bisbee said:

Lmao Aggie2009 still seething he doesn't suck like King.

Bruh… am I really the first thing you thought of? Good to know you think about me even when I'm not present. Achievement unlocked.

Weigman impressed me too, especially against LSU. If I had to pick one player, though, it'd be moose. Really turned it around after the Arkansas game.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.