Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

A&M Fires Cannon at UMass Players

19,987 Views | 118 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Sniffing Accountant
JustisWalkert
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/look-texas-a-m-fired-canon-directly-into-opposing-players/ar-AA14j5QL?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=8007a859be3b4f308e08a2b555146ee8
Bunk Moreland
Bad look.
Dr. Alister MacKenzie
Classy
VatoLocoAggie
Those young men were praying and the CTs do this? This absolutely upsets me to the max.

What happened to our once classy fanbase? This is a terrible representation of Texas A&M. I hope those responsible are held accountable.

Just went to read Twitter and the entire nation is roasting us. Between the CTs/BQs/YLs we just continue to be a real life joke with an embarrassing punchline.

Absolutely classless act!

Do better!
Gig Em and God Bless America
Texas A&M National Champions in Football 1917, 1919, 1927, 1939, and 2012

SEC Proud!
PanzerAggie06
AG
Want to ensure the cannon is banned from future games? Well, this is a great start.
Charlie Murphy
Nothing funny about that. F those losers.
curry97
AG
WGAS
i is smart
AG
Damnet, now this is canon in Aggie lore.
DeepEastTxAg
AG
But we're too classy to boo the refs.
My Name Is Judge
Glad I'm not a finance major….

I'd be crying about this if I was
Drawkcab
VatoLocoAggie said:

Those young men were praying and the CTs do this? This absolutely upsets me to the max.

What happened to our once classy fanbase? This is a terrible representation of Texas A&M. I hope those responsible are held accountable.

Just went to read Twitter and the entire nation is roasting us. Between the CTs/BQs/YLs we just continue to be a real life joke with an embarrassing punchline.

Do better!

I think it was a bad call but it's not why Twitter is roasting us. If we were winning none of this other crap would matter in the least.
Aggies2009
AG
Drawkcab said:

VatoLocoAggie said:

Do better!

I think it was a bad call but it's not why Twitter is roasting us. If we were winning none of this other crap would matter in the least.

Oh no!! Twitter is roasting us? I'm hurt.
financeag96
Go read Twitter then
Houstonag
AG
The refs blew 3 PIs.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Wasn't this when the cannon is always fired - when the team runs out of the tunnel onto the field?
The guy who took the video said the kneeling players were warned.
bigfooticus
Ehhhh, they are Minutemen and are used to this
WolfCall
AG
Harry Lime said:

Wasn't this when the cannon is always fired - when the team runs out of the tunnel onto the field?
The guy who took the video said the kneeling players were warned
At a firing range, they just go ahead and say, "commence firing", even if someone is down range in the line of fire. They were warned ......

Dark_Knight
AG
The pearl clutching is hilarious. Grow a backbone and stop whining about every little thing.

Fake army my ass
Because I'm Batman!

UTExan
This is certainly a way to generate some hatred.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
Martin Cash
AG
financeag96 said:

Bush league. Bunch of wannabe cowboys who drive lifted f-150s and never done manual labor cosplaying as fake military.
You may return to mommy's basement now.
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. Ecclesiastes 10:2
FightinFarrier18
AG
Former BQ who used to be around the cannon all the time. Everyone is told when the cannon will fire and told to move
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
God has no place in Kyle Field this year.
aggieband 83
AG
FightinFarrier18 said:

Everyone is told when the cannon will fire and told to move
This is 100% accurate. The warning is always given. This applies to any volley shot inside or outside of Kyle Field.
Aggie Band not the easiest but the Best.
AGDAD14
Harry Lime said:

The guy who took the video said the kneeling players were warned.

Why the warning if there is no issue? It just takes a little common sense, not a lot, and courtesy to clear the area before firing the cannon. I support the Corp financially (not a lot), even though I'm not a true Aggie, and this could and should be managed better.

Yea… we BTHO somebody!!

I have learned that the Corp does have procedures in place (I should have known); however, I might still consider enlarging the area and making it visible to all to avoid any misunderstanding. It's just common courtesy, and it can't hurt.
Sparkie
AG
financeag96 said:

Bush league. Bunch of wannabe cowboys who drive lifted f-150s and never done manual labor cosplaying as fake military.
yea, like taking a knee in front of the home teams entrance. not like they have the whole field. nah, only place to be is in front of the opposing team. pure coincidence.

pretty simple, stay the **** away from the other teams entrance. you are asking for trouble.
dlsarmi2
AG
Cracking me up with all this vitriol against The Corps of Cadets...LMAO! Talk to PMC or the ODs sometime to understand the protocols about the cannon. For those that don't know what I'm referring to...smh to New Army that's P.O.'d. "aiming" at UMass players! Gig 'em to you Twitter New Army Ranger Ags!
Shadow of CuervoAg
I would've started firing some coaches instead of our Associate Athletics Director for Athletics Communications after that game. I'm sure Alan will land on his feet somewhere though.
Do not post opposing views or you too, like me, will become a shadow of your former self.
dlsarmi2
AG
I'm guessing you got washed out of The Corps during FOW? LMAO Gig 'em, New Army
Dr. Teeth
AG
The bad news is, they did this and broke a 5 game losing streak. Now we have to do it at every game.
Jimbos Plaque
AG
You'd think the Minutemen would know to stay away from the business end of a cannon
dlsarmi2
AG
Too Damn Funny!
bigtruckguy3500
Should've cleared them out of the way or held off on firing. I would hope the people in charge of the cannon have someone to watch for such things, and they just messed up today.
aggiegirl1970
Texas A&M's Parsons Mounted Cavalry fired a ceremonial blank round as the Aggies ran out onto Kyle Field prior to Saturday's game. Two opposing team members unfortunately opted not to move from the end zone after being warned that the cannon was about to be fired
nu awlins ag
AG
financeag96 said:

And you would know wouldn't you….
halfastros81
AG
Six game losing streak.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.