Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

State of the Program Nobody Showed up for Ticket Pull Today

16,143 Views | 57 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Spicewood Ag
Aggieair
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Speaking of UMass tickets, this looks like someone is trying to launder money by selling a nosebleed ticket for just under $10k

PyriteAg
AG
tk for tu juan said:

As mentioned above, it is a Taylor Swift reference
Yeah, looks like that's the case. All the A&M fans in that twitter thread are just saying that it was a very clever joke.

In other words, we're overreacting lmao.
W
AG
weather for Saturday looks cold & wet
IDaggie06
AG
W said:

weather for Saturday looks cold & wet

You would have to pay me at least $200 to attend the Umass game on Saturday
EliteZags
AG
they better make the game open bar if they wanna fill a deck or two
SpookyAg22
Who wants to watch us and umass punt the ball back and forth for 4 quarters?
milner79
rsf0626 said:

we could be 0-10 and the students will still show up. You only get a finite amount of games as a student. Enjoy it while you still can
Besides, you never know when Fran will show up to pass out donuts ...

agracer
AG
Justice Beaver said:

What does Taylor Swift have to do with Texas A&M University? She's not a graduate, so why does the official Twitter account of the university feel the need to make any kind of reference to her?
i don't even get the reference.

and it is Thanksgiving weekend, some students may be taking off for home Friday afternoon.
schwabbin
AG
Why do you need to pull tickets when they're available at game time?
newbie11
With the product jimbo is rolling out there each week, why go? You won't be getting to kiss your date anyway.
rootube
AG
Funny thing. Texags keep saying the sky is falling and students keep showing up for games.
NyAggie
AG
does anyone really care about this umass game?

the team is 3-7 and getting to 4-7 with a win over one of the worst teams in the country isn't really must see football.

me, personally, my wife and I are taking our 4 year old and 6 year old to a place to build gingerbread houses at 12 pm on Saturday.

I'll watch the game on dvr

Sq 17
agracer said:

Justice Beaver said:

What does Taylor Swift have to do with Texas A&M University? She's not a graduate, so why does the official Twitter account of the university feel the need to make any kind of reference to her?

and it is Thanksgiving weekend, some students may be taking off for home Friday afternoon.
Pretty sure college kids have class Monday
Thanksgiving weekend is the one after Thanksgiving
Jackie Chiles
AG

I was in line and this is what I saw. Clearly it was cold.
TexasAggiesWin
S
The olds are terrible at understanding internet jokes! Unless it's a forwarded email to their AOL email account
Divining Rod
TexasAggiesWin said:

The olds are terrible at understanding internet jokes! Unless it's a forwarded email to their AOL email account

in reality, i find it's the younger ones who more often dont understand sarcasm or irony on the internet, and they also tend to be more gullible just because they see it on the net.

I think it has to do with spending so much time there, they dont fully grasp how life works in the "real world".

Divining Rod
^ up there- hiw do they know the source is insecure? do they do a full psychological eval on the url owner or something?
Harry Dunne
agracer said:

Justice Beaver said:

Come on, man.

We are awful with weather to match and less students are showing up. Not shocking and no alternate explanation necessary.
Faustus
For the inside joke:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/taylor-swift-eras-tour-ticket-debacle-explained-234745687.html

Quote:

. . .
The "Anti-Hero" singer broke all kinds of records with the release of her latest album, Midnights. So you can imagine that ticket sales for her Eras tour, her first since 2018, would be big. We just didn't predict it would go so awry during the pre-sale when an unprecedented number of fans with pre-sale codes flooded the site on Tuesday and bought up the tickets. As a result, the public ticket sales, which had been set for Friday, has been canceled with Ticketmaster, which is handling the sales, citing "insufficient remaining ticket inventory."

So what happened? The pop superstar partnered with Ticketmaster's Verified Fan program, which allowed her superfans aka the Swifties to pre-register earlier in the month to receive a special code that allowed for early ticket sales on Nov. 15 three days before they go on sale to the general public. The verification process also aims to identify real humans versus bots to weed out bulk buying and reselling.

However, there was a glitch or, for the most die-hard a catastrophe. Fans logged in on Tuesday and were hit with error messages or trapped in the queue for two hours. Other fans who planned to get tickets were sent to a wait list. The sale of West Coast tickets was also delayed for three hours to ease traffic to the site. Angry fans captured screenshots of the glitches and posted them to social media slamming Ticketmaster. Ticketmaster was trending, with even U.S. Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez weighing in.

The ticket company, owned by Live Nation, posted that there was a "historically unprecedented demand" with millions showing up to buy tickets. The business later posted an entire explainer unpacking what went wrong. It was known the sale was going to be a big deal after 3.5 million people pre-registered, the largest Verified Fan registration in history. That led to Swift's tour team, managed by AEG and The Messina Touring Group, to add more shows, doubling the dates and the tickets. Approximately 1.5 million people were invited to participate in the presale with the other 2 million on a waiting list. Those numbers were decided because Ticketmaster historically sees 40% of invited fans, with the specials codes, actually showing up and buying tickets, and most purchase 3 tickets on average.

When the pre-sale tickets became available on Tuesday, those with the codes went to the site and so did fans who didn't have a code. On top of that, there was a "staggering number of bot attacks," with those factors resulting in unprecedented traffic to the site, according to Ticketmaster. There were 3.5 billion yes, billion! system requests, which was four times more than the company ever experienced. In total, 2 million tickets were sold that day the most tickets ever sold for an artist in a single day. The company claims that every ticket was sold to a buyer with the special code.
. . .
Tickets, which cost fans between $49 and $449 for standard and $199 to $899 for VIP, during the pre-sale, are now being resold on sites like StubHub for as much as $28,000. And it's left a bad taste for Swift fans. Since all this played out, some have expressed disappointment in Swift over the process and prices, leading to infighting with fans who are defending her.
. . .

For the rule sticklers:

HoustonAg2021
crowman2010 said:

This university is really starting to piss me off...

Be pissed at the athletic department not the university. The AD hasn't produced anything meaningful in the 3 men's sports in generations if not ever
W
AG
weather looking dreadful for tomorrow --- rain, cold, and wind

actual turnstile count / fans in the stand is going to be interesting
TexAg1987
Levy will still run out of food.
Spicewood Ag
AG
Kevin Sumlin has lost control of Jimbo's control of the football program
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.