Story Poster
Photo by Jamie Maury, TexAgs
Texas A&M Football

The Loochador Podcast: Dreadful six-game slide, no bowl game & more

November 13, 2022

Texas A&M's disappointing slide has reached a disconcerting six consecutive games as the Aggies will not be bowling this postseason. Billy Liucci and David Nuño recap A&M's loss to Auburn, discuss "sleeve-gate" and how Jimbo Fisher must go about salvaging the program.

Subscribe to The Loochador Podcast on iTunesSpotifyAmazon Music, Overcast, Stitcher, TuneInRSS

See All TexAgs Podcasts

Discussion from...

The Loochador Podcast: Dreadful six-game slide, no bowl game & more

13,671 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by AGSWON
Bonfired
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
"Texas A&M's disappointing slide has reached a disconcerting six consecutive games as the Aggies will not be blowing this postseason."

Execution lapses have filtered down to the copy editors, too.

In one way, I guess it's true...there is no postseason to blow.
sharpdressedman
Don't be blinded by the sleeves. It appears to have been only the spark that lit the black powder of discontent that had been accumulating.

It is curious that Moose's teammates could or would not convince him to shed the sleeves to help the team by playing. Or, and this would be highly concerning, they were allowing/encouraging him to be their surrogate in confronting JF for whatever reason(s). Regardless of the backstory, which I anticipate will be revealed in time, the incident produced a very negative result.
Humorous Username
AG
In regard to Jimbo allegedly FINALLY accepting that his offense needs to wildly overhauled, I only have one thing to say:

I'LL BELIEVE IT WHEN I SEE IT!
Aggie1188
It's really not unfair to blame these guys and TexAgs staff for not having created a push to hire an OC after last season. These guys are just as much responsible for Jimbo destroying our program.

And I've defended Olin, but his question to Jimbo postgame about whether being without Achane & Muhammad was like having his hands tied behind his backā€¦.as if we haven't sucked at offense the whole season with both them on the field too. Somehow every other team can scheme guys open except Jimbo's goofy ***.
Rick2340
AG
What are the chances Jimbo has the self-reflection to determine what changes need to me made?
The Collective
AG
Smith & Achane played against App State. All QBs were healthy and available in that game. There is no excuse for the offense, it just sucks.
The Collective
AG
Freshman QB, and he gets to the line with a play finally called with less than 10 seconds on the play clock. Why? This is an example of something that needs to be asked.
AG
Bonfired said:

"Texas A&M's disappointing slide has reached a disconcerting six consecutive games as the Aggies will not be blowing this postseason."

Oh we're blowing alright.
jsmc71
AG
I was listening and doing other things at the same time...the "tough questions" admonition...is that pertaining to putative posts regarding TexAgs allegedly not asking pointed enough questions?

Not trying to be dick, I'm just not clear about what BL was giving a warning.
AGSWON
AG
The Collective said:

Freshman QB, and he gets to the line with a play finally called with less than 10 seconds on the play clock. Why? This is an example of something that needs to be asked.
The last good OC we had was Kingsbury. We were snapping the ball every 10-12 seconds once we got a first down. It was like that guy knew what he wanted to call 3 plays ahead of the current down. We sure weren't getting many delay of game penalties that year. Very frustrating to watch us not get plays in on time.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.