Story Poster
Photo by Jamie Maury, TexAgs
Texas A&M Football

The Loochador Podcast: Depleted Ags searching for right buttons to push

November 6, 2022

TexAgs' co-owner and executive editor Billy Liucci sat down with David Nuño on Sunday to look back on the Ags' 41-24 loss to Florida at Kyle Field. The duo also discussed the Maroon & White's bout with the flu as injuries continue to pile up.

Subscribe to The Loochador Podcast on iTunesSpotifyAmazon Music, Overcast, Stitcher, TuneInRSS

See All TexAgs Podcasts

Discussion from...

The Loochador Podcast: Depleted Ags searching for right buttons to push

9,032 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by KBAGOLFER
Dr RC
How long do you want to ignore this user?
jmsrz
We've been "fixing it" for the last 5 years with Jimbo Fisher. If it were going to happen...it would have happened by now...sad to say. Jimbo's contract is his saving grace...no doubt about that.

It's not my money so I'm not go to say get rid of him...just as I wouldn't say yes to paying a mediocre head coach that much money in the first place.

Nonetheless, Jimbo isn't the man. I agree with Billy...look at what's happening at Tennessee, Texas, LSU, not to mention USC. Jimbo can't coach...plain and simple.
DGrimesAg92
With the amount of injuries, suspensions and flu bug issues, I'd say he's hot until this time next year. If we've lost more than 1 or 2 games, he's gotta go.

WTS, Durkin should be looking for a rental somewhere else right now. THERE IS ZERO EXCUSE for this defense to have have made the 180 flip it has made from last year.

O-Line coach fire at the end of the season.
WR coach fire at the end of the season.
Dickey fire at the end of the season.

Emilio Fantastico
AG
One thing Looch said was some of the freshmen like Shemar Stewart are no longer freshmen at this point of the season.

If that is the case, why does he continue to make the freshman mistake of not holding containment on the edge?

Does that mean we get to look forward to that again next year? Or is the coaching and scheme being that bad is what is causing it?
KBAGOLFER
Looch said he COULD SEE Jimbo still calling plays next year and Durkin back, YIKES, Durkin defensive scheme at Ole Miss gave up 50 a lot and here it gives a rushing yards like it's Gatorade on the sideline. If A&M wants to be feared, treated different, and seen as a university that doesn't put up moth mediocrity then there has to be big changes to ALL THE FALL SPORTS, starting with Football
KayakBassAngling
KBAGOLFER
KBAGOLFER said:

Looch said he COULD SEE Jimbo still calling plays next year and Durkin back, YIKES, Durkin defensive scheme at Ole Miss gave up 50 a lot and here it gives a rushing yards like it's Gatorade on the sideline. If A&M wants to be feared, treated different, and seen as a university that doesn't put up moth mediocrity then there has to be big changes to ALL THE FALL SPORTS, starting with Football

You have to recruit and Jimbo has 0 to recruit and sell to recruits!!!! Change has to be made
KayakBassAngling
ohioag67
AG
KBAGOLFER said:

Status quo will be a fatal mistake for this program. If Jimbo is going to continue calling plays and make no changes in the assistant ranks, this year will look good by comparison. Sharp and Bjork are going to be disappointed when they see half empty stands and falling revenue.
ABATTBQ11
AG
I agree with everything but Dickey. There's not much he can do if he is an offensive coordinator in name only, and that's kind of what it seems like. Jimbo is ultimately the one running the offense and calling plays, so how much can we really hold Dickey responsible for?
Humorous Username
AG
"Frustrating" is an understatement this year.

I get guys being out with the flu, but there is no way you can convince me that the amount of injuries, especially with the o-line and all of the medical retirements we've seen in the last few years, is just some anomaly.

Whatever is happening with S&C, the training room, and the medical staff, is something to look in to.
El Gato
AG
Is anyone ever gonna ask Dumbo why his qbs never take off and run instead of the typical check down swing pass to the rb for 2 yards
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
KBAGOLFER
El Gato said:

Is anyone ever gonna ask Dumbo why his qbs never take off and run instead of the typical check down swing pass to the rb for 2 yards

Or why he hasn't developed one of his recruited qbs, except CW
KayakBassAngling
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.