Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

College football might mean to much to you if…

4,766 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Max Power
Ian Neff
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
…. you wait all year for it to start, and four weeks later, you wish it was over. Along with Thanksgiving, Christmas and other people's happiness.

Feel free to contribute.
Ian Neff
AG
*too much…
(thread title grammar fail my bad yo but sheesh everything else is falling apart why shouldnt my thread title?)
rocky the dog
AG
Quote:

…. you wait all year for it to start, and four weeks later, you wish it was over.
Funny, I was thinking this just today. When the product is inferior (especially with all the pre-season hype and a #1 recruiting class), I'm not buying it. I don't think I want to watch any more of this team this season. I knew in the first five minutes of the Miss St. game what was about to happen, and I turned it off. I was correct.
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
- Alfred E. Neuman
cupofjoe04
AG
Ian Neff said:

*too much…
(thread title grammar fail my bad yo but sheesh everything else is falling apart why shouldnt my thread title?)

I love how you embraced it and ratted yourself out. That is good leadership. Own it, make fun of yourself, and move on. I would love for you to be our PR guy.
My Name Is Judge
I still believe OP is gonna get to Throw his Texags Natty party someday
Ian Neff
AG
My Name Is Judge said:

Brother, you just got me all hopeful again.
HoustonAg2021
I just want to see a national championship
superunknown
AG
I feel like Clark Griswold getting to Wally World and being told it's closed.
bowhuntr
It's like any other hobby, except the fun only comes if your team wins. Golf is the same way…all excited to play on Sat morning until I double bogey the first hole. Immediate sour mood. Probably a little too emotionally invested.
ArcheryAg
If you think the #1 recruiting class was gonna be this years game changer you really don't understand how this works. As the game was ending someone from ESPN said Texas ATM is in a transition year. Just face it.
HoustonAg2021
ArcheryAg said:

If you think the #1 recruiting class was gonna be this years game changer you really don't understand how this works. As the game was ending someone from ESPN said Texas ATM is in a transition year. Just face it.

4th most talented roster. We still should've won 10 games this season. Not like this was his first good class. Lane Kiffin won 10 games in year 2 at ole miss. Zero excuse for a bad season.
Cow Pie & Fries
Last Saturday I was at Oktoberfest in Fredericksburg. Didn't watch a down…. Was told the final grabbed my beer & several others. Then was back out on the dance floor….
I have followed Aggie football since the 60's ( class of '85) until recently I lived & died with Aggie football/ athletics… I'm still a season ticket holder. One day in the depths of BAS , it finally dawned upon me, I can complain & moan ( nothing about that healthy or positive) Enjoy seeing my buddies. Demand excellence but realize as Jimbo says " Control what you can control " I can control my attitude, my being there & supporting the athletes in Maroon & White .
Quit playing into our adversaries hands … All the massive gripe sessions are cheered on in Austin, Norman, Baton Rouge & most certainly in Tuscaloosa….
Close ranks & realize you should not allow 18-24 year olds in charge of anything, especially your outlook!
Gig'em & BTHO Alabama!
Loyalty
AG
...if you find yourself driving down the road by yourself screaming at the windshield.
Lonestar-aught-six
More time for hunting without worrying about what time the games on, and I love football. I could watch a good high school game and be equivalent to this Aggie team.
HoustonAg2021
Those four towns you mentioned have seen their teams lift a national championship this century. If I did I wouldn't care as much because I can at least say I saw us win something.
Cow Pie & Fries
I'm just as frustrated as you are… Believe me Jimbo, his staff, and most especially those young men in maroon and white want it just as much if not more than we do
EricHill
Year 5 of a coach's tenure shouldn't be a transition year. At this point in his tenure if we are this reliant on true freshman then something has gone horribly wrong
FriscoKid
AG
Three man fronts are a bad idea. It would be better to bring more pressure like Elko did.

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3319929/replies/63010773
12thMan9
AG
Ian Neff said:

My Name Is Judge said:

Brother, you just got me all hopeful again.
He didn't say who you were throwing it for.
Ronnie '88
Aggie
AG
Some of y'all would enjoy college football so much more if you actually watched college football and not just the Ags

This college football season has been great so far and so much more to come

Ian Neff
AG
Aggie said:

Some of y'all would enjoy college football so much more if you actually watched college football and not just the Ags

I don't watch just the ags, bro. I also watch the team the ags are playing as I hope they get destroyed.
Nice Guy Eddie
AG
Normally I wouldn't dare do this during college football season, but this weekend I'm going to the beach and will not be watching that chit show on t.v. For what? To watch King throw pick sixes, the Oline get ***** slapped around like little girls, and a head coach who is trapped in the year 2002, back when he first finished laminating all 300 pages of his brand new playbook?

Yeah, no.... It is too infuriating to watch people take hundreds of millions of dollars in resources only to get beat by poor schools from states that don't even have potable water.

I'll check my phone from time to time. Something tells me I wont have to after the 1st qtr. We'll see how it goes. Maybe I won't check at all if it goes well.

Let's hope for some good luck!

Ag Tag
- Nice Guy Eddie - said:

It is too infuriating to watch people take hundreds of millions of dollars in resources only to get beat by poor schools from states that don't even have potable water.
Right.
Iowaggie
AG
Aggie football is why I now record almost all sporting events. It's not just speeding through timeouts and injuries and commercials, but that's nice too. It's about FF through the depressing end of the game situations and saving my Saturday. Why be upset for 3.5 hours during the heart of Saturday. Save it for 80 minutes on Saturday evening.
Justice Beaver
AG
My Name Is Judge said:

That was invite only, earned by posting on that thread, correct?
TexasStone
AgBandsman
AG
EricHill said:

Year 5 of a coach's tenure shouldn't be a transition year. At this point in his tenure if we are this reliant on true freshman then something has gone horribly wrong

Transition years doesn't mean the first few years of a coach's tenure. It means the football roster is young and needs to gain experience. It's a "transition year" for our young team. Everyone gets it but Aggie fans.

edit: spelling
AggieArchitect04
AG
I used to have to remind myself that these are basically kids (no disrespect) that have their entire life ahead of them.

I want wins, but also have gained perspective and don't allow the game to influence my mood for the rest of the day or weekend.
geoag58
AG
ArcheryAg said:

So given four top ten classes these results are in line with your expectations?
Fight against the dictatorship of the federal bureaucracy!
Get Off My Lawn
Aggie said:

I assumed the jinx role (not watching = ags win) following game 2. Game 5 finally proved that it's NOT actually me, but I've enjoyed the emotional disattachment thus far!

TCU whipping OU: grab the popcorn!

Outside of a Johnny Football season, or one as a student, less watching has made this one of my most enjoyable ones.
MaxPower
I'd say it doesn't mean enough. If you need motivation go to secrant and listen to those lsu baws chirp about us. We need to find a way to win that game. That's the whole reason I was excited to join the SEC. There's always big games to look forward to.
Showag05
ArcheryAg said:

For the last 12 years
Big Boy Football
Ian Neff
AG
Justice Beaver said:

My Name Is Judge said:

That was invite only, earned by posting on that thread, correct?

Correct!
aglaes
AG
FriscoKid said:

Three man fronts are a bad idea. It would be better to bring more pressure like Elko did.

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3319929/replies/63010773

I agree on the 3 man front, but as I recall Elko's D didn't fare all that well against Miss St last year either.
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
superunknown said:

I feel like Clark Griswold getting to Wally World and being told it's closed.
The Collie out front should have told ya.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.