Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

IF we hired and OC and IF Jimbo gave up play calling???

3,974 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by GigEmReggie
Dr. Tinkle
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I just wish he would let another OC run things. I honestly think Jimbo would love it. The dude I think is a good Head Coach, but he doesn't run a good offense. Recruit Jimbo..you are good at that. Manage the game..I think you COULD be good at that but right now there are too many delay of games, timeouts, etc because you can't do both well. He gets guys to play hard, so just be a great motivator. He could be a good coach, but he will choose not to be.
Houstonag
AG
We have adequate QB talent if our play design on both D and O was better. We allowed unblocked MS players to easily penetrate into the backfield too many times. Then we do not return the favor with our LBs.
fieldtrailer
AG
Iowaggie said:

How about just turn play calling over to OC Darrell Dickey?

That Coach needs to go yesterday. Horrible scheme, horrible recruiter. Horrible qb development. Scheme may not be on him.
DB Coach
AG
Houstonag said:

We have adequate QB talent if our play design on both D and O was better. We allowed unblocked MS players to easily penetrate into the backfield too many times. Then we do not return the favor with our LBs.
EVERY play is designed to succeed, on both sides of the ball.

What everyone is completely missing on: we have 3 juniors combined on the O-line and D-Line....and 2 of them are on defense. We should never have been ranked anywhere near the top10 with such a young offensive line. Defense is a little easier, but still the same situation. Freshmen and sophomores all over the 2-deep on both lines. Not a good situation, no matter how many stars there are.
Houstonag
AG
I agree we are young but the lack of LBs blitzing on obvious 3rd and long is a bad decision. We are not covering because the receiver keeps moving to an open area. May as well blitz on obvious passing downs.
SABUILDERAG
Houstonag said:

It is the scheme, play book, play design, etc. Speaking with experience.

You said "Scheme". Watch out, Bizbee and his scheme police are gonna get ya
Houstonag
AG
A good offense has a system where a group of plays are a package, a sequence, scheme, etc. Examples are a screen pass, play action, draw, boot leg, counters, reverses, trap blocks, and the now much used zone blocking.

The major problem with MS was the unblocked LBs having a clear path to our QB.
Ezmoneybcs
Art Biles is ready to work . Make the move before TU dose. Go ahead and flame away.
TRADUCTOR
https://images.heb.com/is/image/HEBGrocery/001955448

Do not need hire anybody. $17 will turn this ship around.
Cheo
Get Kendal Briles for OC
The Lost
Lilly Biucci said:

Joe Brady is an interesting possibility. He's currently the QB coach for the Bills, so I'd argue the A&M OC gig would be a promotion. He runs a pro style offense that's arguably much more simplistic than Jimbo's so hopefully the transition would be seamless. Early into his Panthers gig he was already getting NFL HC interview requests so people clearly think a lot of him.

On the flip side, how much of his success at LSU was due to having an absurd, all-time great roster? It also seems like he prefers the pros over college as he turned down the U of Miami OC position for the Bills QB position. Lots of question marks.

Yeah, it takes a different person to want to recruit 16/17 year olds.
Iowaggie
AG
Maybe this team needs more offensive coaches and analysts:

Head coach - Jimbo

Two offensive coordinators: Dickey (TE) and Coley (WRs)
3 more position coaches: Addazo (OL), Craig (QB), Robinson (RB)

All of which is pretty normal, but then we have 7 offensive analyst. Addazo, Greene, Kerr, Luce, Scott, Spurlock, Watson.

GigEmReggie
Jimbo will hire some good old boy he's coached with before to be his fall guy. If I took the time to research his tree, I could tell you with certainty who it will be.
GigEmReggie
Lilly Biucci said:

Joe Brady is an interesting possibility. He's currently the QB coach for the Bills, so I'd argue the A&M OC gig would be a promotion. He runs a pro style offense that's arguably much more simplistic than Jimbo's so hopefully the transition would be seamless. Early into his Panthers gig he was already getting NFL HC interview requests so people clearly think a lot of him.

On the flip side, how much of his success at LSU was due to having an absurd, all-time great roster? It also seems like he prefers the pros over college as he turned down the U of Miami OC position for the Bills QB position. Lots of question marks.
Wants to be in the NFL and will probably get another OC job there next year. I thought it was absurd that Rhule fired him after giving Brady Sam Darnold to work with. How's that working out for Carolina?
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.