Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Who's Responsible For How A Football Team Executes ???

3,734 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by 85AustinAg
mb31454
How long do you want to ignore this user?
In the past Coach Saban has said that Coach Fisher was the best offensive coordinator he has ever had. Satan's comment was made as a rebuttal to former QB McCarron statements while Kiffen was their OC.
I don't know what the answers are....maybe a smaller play book, maybe coaching changes, etc. I do know that we have the best fan base, the best former student support, world class facilities and we should not lose to App State or MSU.
Artorias
AG
In any organization, the person in charge takes the blame and the fame. Ultimately it is their responsibility to make sure the other people in the organization "execute" well.
merch
Do we now have to add to the Jimbo list:

Yea, the SEC called to apologize missing the offsides on the FG that results in the block and return for a TD. That is a 10 point swing, I just had to do better getting our guys lined up and being able to stop a guy who is clearly offsides from blocking a kickā€¦just got to execute that better.

How can Jimbo not control these refs, what are paying him 10M a year for!
OrygunAg
AG
AgBandsman said:

How many of yall have been a part of a team who's coach blamed himself after losses? I'm pretty sure every coach on every team addresses the players after a loss by showing all the missed executions.

Please someone show me how I'm wrong and that coaches do in fact tell the players they all executed well, but lost because of coaching.

Plenty of times we've taken blame for a loss because we didnt coach kids well enough or prep or game plan right. Kids at all ages appreciate a coach that accepts blame when they screw up. However, we also expect the kids to own their mistakes and work to improve. I always tell them you can make a mistake, just dont make it a habit.
GinMan
AG
Sumlin (and players) used to say the same shiitake just look at old press conferences."We have to execute, get better, and finish " has been a a long-standing BAS joke in my home since 2013-present
85AustinAg
AG
deltazulu said:

Answering the title of the thread:

The Head Coach

You can delegate authority but you can't delegate responsibility, nor can you blame the personnel that work for you for the failure of your company or team. Responsibility falls directly at the head man's feet whether it's a CEO or a Head Football Coach.

In military terms it means this: if the most junior officer on the ship is at the helm, while the Captain is in the rack, and he runs the ship aground the Captain is fired. 100% of the time. The Captain can't blame the junior officer even if he was negligent. It's on the Captain. Period.
And to Jimbo's credit he's accepted the blame.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.