Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Josh Pate Thoughts

4,586 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by DuncanLEO
Craigy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
He is 100% correct . I don't know how to link his youtube to this thread but it's worth your 10 minutes. Everything he said is correct. We have we need to be an elite program. Facilities, buy-in from former former students and quality of players. It is on Jimbo and his unwillingness to adapt to an offense that works and suits his players. Also everything else is his fault
PyriteAg
AG
PyriteAg
AG
CraigSU84 said:

He is 100% correct . I don't know how to link his youtube to this thread but it's worth your 10 minutes. Everything he said is correct. We have we need to be an elite program. Facilities, buy-in from former former students and quality of players. It is on Jimbo and his unwillingness to adapt to an offense that works and suits his players. Also everything else is his fault
I also agree with Josh Pate. The program that is "A&M Football" is honestly in a great spot. So much is being invested in it and the BOR are willing to stay out of micromanaging anything in it. The program is honestly a massive spot where good coaches can succeed.

And it's also true that the issue is extremely clear and, technically, very easy to fix. Jimbo just needs to give up the playcalling and hand it down to another competent OC.

But, as Pate and frankly literally everyone else said, it's Jimbo's unwillingness that is completely derailing this entire thing. It's extremely frustrating to see this happen when Jimbo just giving up one thing will propel this team to unparalleled success in A&M's history.

What a ****ing idiot.
Aggieair
In b4

"Josh Pate hasn't won a natty"
"If josh pate knows so much, why isn't he getting paid millions to be a HC?"
"The problem isn't Jimbo's offense, we just need good QB/OL/waterboy/etc play"
"Get a dog"
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
I blame "the good old boy network".
WC94
AG
We have an Ugly Baby.
whytho987654
Also need to fire durkin and adazio
greg.w.h
AG
I see no reason to accept common blathering on Jimbo needing an OC or a play caller. It's up to him to propose whatever change is needed and to implement it. But he might hire some kibitzing analysts like Saban does to compete for roles as "starting" position coaches and coordinators leave…
Ugly
AG
WC94 said:

We have an Ugly Baby.
I'm no baby.
AGBU94
AG
BOR brings him in and insists that an OC is hired that will be calling plays. If he doesn't make the hire, then just cause has been established.

I think that the ship can be righted and don't think this is the move yet, but if thinks don't improve soon then the move has to be considered.
Craigy
If anybody is above Jimbo in the hierarchy Jimbo should have been in his office this morning at 9 AM Sharpe...Oh wait
rsf0626
The playcalling has been bad but the oline is completely derailing the offense. His plays have no chance if the qb is running for his life every pass play

Fix the line and offensive success will follow
rsf0626
greg.w.h
AG
Ugly said:

WC94 said:

We have an Ugly Baby.
I'm no baby.
Change your handle and you can be!!!
DTuba
Liucci seemed pretty confident about changes on offense will be happening and Fisher will be looking for a change at OC.
However as Pate said, we aren't going to be able to change that kind of thing mid-season until we pull into 'port'. That yucky 'O'- word.

My un-important 2-cents: This team will look very different by the end of the season and I think the offense will be much more functional than it was by the end of last year.
EricHill
Ooof
eATMup-Reveille
Dario said:

CraigSU84 said:

I also agree with Josh Pate. The program that is "A&M Football" is honestly in a great spot. So much is being invested in it and the BOR are willing to stay out of micromanaging anything in it. The program is honestly a massive spot where good coaches can succeed.

And it's also true that the issue is extremely clear and, technically, very easy to fix. Jimbo just needs to give up the playcalling and hand it down to another competent OC.

But, as Pate and frankly literally everyone else said, it's Jimbo's unwillingness that is completely derailing this entire thing. It's extremely frustrating to see this happen when Jimbo just giving up one thing will propel this team to unparalleled success in A&M's history.

What a ****ing idiot.

More than an idiot…he's just a Jerk that never thinks he's wrong regardless of how many times he fails to have an offense that works!!
eATMup-Reveille
rsf0626 said:

The playcalling has been bad but the oline is completely derailing the offense. His plays have no chance if the qb is running for his life every pass play

So does the blocking scheme require to much mentally and not enough brute force and anger by the players?
EclipseAg
AG
I see players at other schools "executing" up and down the field every Saturday. How do they do it?

USC's Caleb Williams was 5 for 5 for 66 yards on his first drive Saturday night. We had 11 yards passing total in the entire first half.

Barnacle
AG
EclipseAg said:

I see players at other schools "executing" up and down the field every Saturday. How do they do it?

USC's Caleb Williams was 5 for 5 for 66 yards on his first drive Saturday night. We had 11 yards passing total in the entire first half.

We need to ask Kansas. They may not go undefeated or win anything special, but to this point, they're at least getting the maximum out of the talent on hand. I can't remember the last time I could say that across the board here.
AceAggie05
AG
rsf0626 said:

I agree most of our problem is on the offensive line. So what do you do? You get the ball out of the qb's hands fast. My problem isn't that areas on the team are struggling. My problem is that areas on the team are struggling, and coaches aren't doing ANYTHING to alleviate them.
dcg4403
AG
This isnt hard.

O-line sucks and has gotten WORSE from last year. No excuses for that whatsoever. They should absolutely be better. Freshman All American Foster looks like he transfered to Texas for a regression in skill sets.

Second, Jimbo has NO ability to adapt. He keeps forcing his complicated scheme on the players. He keeps persisisting that the players are not executing and they are making the wrong choices. Fisher is pounding sand for 5 years. Hoping for a mircle that everything will magically come together like his natty year at FSU.

Good coaches learn to adapt. Bad coaches rely solely on the players to execute and make the right reads.

Fisher is a BAD offensive coach. Guy doesnt have a clue. Just keep pounding sand Fisher and blaming the players. Who the hell is designing the offense? Poor Design = Poor Results.
DuncanLEO
AGBU94 said:

BOR brings him in and insists that an OC is hired that will be calling plays. If he doesn't make the hire, then just cause has been established.

I think that the ship can be righted and don't think this is the move yet, but if thinks don't improve soon then the move has to be considered.
"Cause" is clearly defined in his contract and does not include failure to follow the BOR's insistence on football strategy.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.