Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Manage Our Expectations

3,026 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Meanmachine
Seamaster
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So. Once again I am glad that I made the conscious decision not to care as much anymore about Aggie football.

I decided in 2013 that it's a lot healthier if I manage expectations. That way I am never disappointed.

I'd wager right now $10,000 that the Aggies won't win the National Title in my lifetime. We're simply a program destined to be in middle of the pack.

It's in our DNA. We'll have good moments that will "feel good" but our ceiling is 9-10 wins and it always will be.

Well be vacillating from 5-7 to 9-3 until I die with 2-3 outliers (in both directions).

Having said all that, Alabama is going to demolish us.
whytho987654
Well LSU was always garbage until the late 90s, clemson was trash until Dabo turned them around. The right moves need to be made for us to do the same
Jarrin' Jay
AG
Agreed but we do have the potential to win the SEC at some point, and when that happens we will be in NC mix.

I began to manage my expectations long ago, and in reality I do not care if we win or lose any particular game. I will be pumped when we win and that will last all week, will be POd when we lose and that will last 5 minutes.

HOWEVEVER, what I do care about is that we are competent and competitive. What we are seeing right now is absolutely unacceptable. Jimbo knows it and it damned well better get fixed.

After the Bama beatdown, if Max cannot be back for the USC game Jimbo should start coaching up Weigman to get him his 4 full games and still keep his RS, also immediately after the Bama game Jimbo needs to give Durkin a directive that we are a 4 man DL defense and when we pressure it is with 5, not 4, and he can either do it or quit.

It is still possible to have a 7-5 season with a good W or two remaining, but if everything stays status quo we will be 5-7 or 6-6.
NoahAg
Seamaster said:

So. Once again I am glad that I made the conscious decision not to care as much anymore about Aggie football.

I decided in 2013 that it's a lot healthier if I manage expectations. That way I am never disappointed.

I'd wager right now $10,000 that the Aggies won't win the National Title in my lifetime. We're simply a program destined to be in middle of the pack.

It's in our DNA. We'll have good moments that will "feel good" but our ceiling is 9-10 wins and it always will be.

Well be vacillating from 5-7 to 9-3 until I die with 2-3 outliers (in both directions).

You have described about 50 college teams.
Let's go, Brandon!
fightintxaggie10
AG
Texas A&M has never recruited consistently at such a high level and had the financial and facilities support as we've had the last several years.

We're one BIG piece away from changing the course of our program. That's coaching. Unfortunately, our recruiting momentum also comes partially due to the current head coach whose offensive issues are killing us. It's in Jimbos hands. It's not impossible to become a power, but he's gotta step outside his comfort zone and make a change.
cupofjoe04
AG
OP- I'm glad that you care so little about the program that you don't waste your free time posting on an A&M football fan forum, typing up opinions about the future of that program, and sharing them with complete strangers as if they are immutable facts.

Oh wait...
LMCane
as an external unbiased observer..

with the way the Aggies have been recruiting- there is no reason you won't be top ten over the next few years.

enough to beat Bama or Georgia?

maybe not, but a solid top ten program is nothing to be ashamed of.
OTredux
Seamaster said:

Well, seeing as how our only National Championship in football was before anyone had heard of Pearl Harbor, you might be right.

One title in program history? Odds are not in our favor for me (in my 50's)
rootube
AG
Not with that attitude mister!
Barnacle
AG
rootube
AG
So I'm caddying for the Dali Lama, flowing robes, the grace, bald … striking.

I'm on the first tee with him. I give him the driver. He hauls off and whacks one - big hitter, the Lama - long, into a 10,000-foot crevasse, right at the base of this glacier. Do you know what the Lama says? Gunga galunga … gunga, gunga-lagunga."

So I'm the last hole the Lama is about to stiff me so I say, 'Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know.' And he says, 'Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive an Aggie college football national title.' So I got that goin' for me.
aglaes
AG
I fully expected we would lose to Miss St. So if we had won, it would have been a nice surprise.

Fully expect to get blown out this week.
gopitt
Yeah, it's great to have 5 straight Top 10 recruiting classes and expect to get blown out weekly. Welcome to Aggieland.
eATMup-Reveille
cupofjoe04 said:

OP- I'm glad that you care so little about the program that you don't waste your free time posting on an A&M football fan forum, typing up opinions about the future of that program, and sharing them with complete strangers as if they are immutable facts.

Oh wait...

Right??!!
Romello
All part of the plan. Jimbo's got Saban and the tide right where he wants them. Trust the process.
GigEmReggie
LMCane said:

as an external unbiased observer..

with the way the Aggies have been recruiting- there is no reason you won't be top ten over the next few years.

enough to beat Bama or Georgia?

maybe not, but a solid top ten program is nothing to be ashamed of.

There are two reasons. This season and the portal.
12thMan9
AG
Lama is about to stiff me.....

I guess the golf got boring.......
Ronnie '88
Damascene
AG
Are you this guy?
My Name Is Judge
More like semen master

Amirite?
TyperWoods
PreSeason:

New offensive line coach
New defensive coordinator
questions at QB
questions at Oline
Highly rated but young DLine

TexAgs posters:
WE GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL BAYBEEEE!!!!

Ian Neff
AG
I wish I couldn't care. I really do.
annie88
AG
Quote:

Alabama is going to demolish us
The Bama voodoo doll that I currently have seven pins sticking in says otherwise.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FJB TRUMP 2024.
gunan01
AG
Hey OP, how you gonna collect that $10,000 if you're dead?
Cojack
We couldn't win a bingo tournament right now
Meanmachine
AG
Which is nice!!! Very underrated post!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.