Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Finebaum & Saban conspiring against Jimbo - I smell a rat and it ain't Jimbo

8,750 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by LastHamlet
NowhereMan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Last week Loui B had a guest guest who is a recruiting stats geek.
The man explained that Alabama was responsible for wrecking FL, FL State and Miami programs, by taking most of the five star talent out of FL to Mama.

Who is the one HC that has been able to grab some of the FL talent? Jimbo Fisher

Who ends up with the top class? Jimbo Fisher
Who do Saban and Finebaum talk up? Sam Pitman who recruits nobody?

Suddenly Paul Finebaum who is Nick Saban's media attack dog begins biting Fisher this summer.
"Fisher has to win a Natty or else"
"Fisher makes excuses"
"FIsher would not be a HC if it were not for Jamis Winston"

"Saban accuses A&M of buying players"
"Saban praises Sam Pitman." A willing hog for his slaughter.

This is a smear campaign headed by the Alabama Mafia of Saban's surrogates and FInebaum, as they try to impeach Coach Fisher with a media witch trial, that will amplify this weekend.

It's a young team judge it at the end of the season, and judge it when they get a QB.
A&M has never had any coach bring in more talent than coach Fisher give that talent time.
The five star stats are on A&M's side if A&M is patient and not sucked into the media lies of Finebaum.
Get the best talent and winning gets easier, Fisher is closer than anyone other than Smart, who has a team that looks they have the same pharmacist as Barry Bonds, but hey one conspiracy at a time.

I hope we keep a coach who can out recruit Alabama and not get sucked into the Finebaum & Saban smear tactics. Sometimes lies looks prettier than the truth, the sound right, that's why smear tactics work.

I sat next to an Ole Miss booster a few years backing Oxford, he told me Saban and Finebaum were behind the Hugh Freeze firing because Hugh was winning.
Al Bula
AG
Do you and your boyfriend dream up inane topics to troll?
Cow Pie & Fries
Agree with OP 100%….. Total hit job by Saban & & his media lap dog Finebaum
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Could also be that both our quarterbacks kinda suck, the offensive line is bad and the receivers don't catch really well. But, yeah, Saban, Pawl and Hitler are all in it together to get us.
Aggieair
David Happymountain said:

Do you and your boyfriend dream up inane topics to troll?
His boyfriend is VatoLocoAggie
oneeyedag
Id agree, but there should be some progress from week one to week four. I just don't see the progress, and the defense. Granted I could see running a 3 man front against state, but dying by a thousand cuts is not a d coordinator mentality with a stockpile of dline man.

Ian Neff
AG
I love conspiracy theories more than most people. But here's the trouble with this one:

Jimbo is losing with 5* recruits.
DallasAg 94
Ian Neff said:

I love conspiracy theories more than most people. But here's the trouble with this one:

Freshman 5Stars are not the same as a 5Star Jr 1st Rd pick who returns to Bama so he can be a Top 10 NFL pick.
Ian Neff
AG
Fair.
DGrimesAg92
"I sat next to an Ole Miss booster a few years backing Oxford, he told me Saban and Finebaum were behind the Hugh Freeze firing because Hugh was winning."

Well, Jimbo isn't winning, so there's that.......
gigemags-99
AG
Just win, baby.

None of this matters
aglaes
AG
Milwaukees Best Light said:

Could also be that both our quarterbacks kinda suck, the offensive line is bad and the receivers don't catch really well. But, yeah, Saban, Pawl and Hitler are all in it together to get us.
Could it also be that he didn't do a good job of recruiting OL/DL his 1st couple of years - or retaining the guys he did recruit. If Jimbo has brought in 4 top 10 recruiting classes since he's been here, why are we not talking about all the great upperclassmen playing OL and DL this year. Instead we have zero SR OL/DL and only 5 JR OL/DL combined.
AggieNAnnArbor
Moronic.

Saban doesn't need to gang up on Dumbo. Dumbo is doing a great job on his own at making a fool of himself. I get BAS, I've had it for years. However, it hasn't lead me to formulate stupid conspiracy theories to explain A&Ms woes. A&M sucks at football because of decade after decade of poor decisions. It's not due to people picking on us. Grow the **** up.
NowhereMan
In psychology your response is called projection.
Come Out Roll
AG
Wait…so Dumbo doing less with more isn't the problem???

Am I understanding that right???
I've said this before - some of you guys keep bumping into trees looking for the forest…
dixichkn
AG
It can be both.

We are screwing the pooch just fine by ourselves, thank you very much. The talent is here and we are grossly misusing and wasting it.

But at the same time, Finebaum for some reason has decided to go scorched earth on us. There's clearly some agenda with that guy against Jimbo and I don't understand why. I'll leave it up to you keyboard warriors to speculate. I get that he can't get Saban's cawk out of his mouth long enough to think straight but it goes beyond that.

Just gotta start winning. Especially games that we SHOULD be winning. I was so looking forward to this weekend……now I'm just wondering if we'll get out of Columbia SC with our 2nd SEC win
TMF
AG
I kind of agreed and you had me until the part of wait until we get QB. That is on Jimbo and he has had plenty of time to get his guy. He has continued to strike out there.
barbacoa taco
AG
Why do people feel so threatened by Finebaum? He's just some doofus with an afternoon radio show who takes phone calls from crazy people from Alabama.
JWinTX
And this is what will show up on the SECRant and other rival schools' forums, showing how delusional we all are.

Sometimes, I swear the worst enemy of this place is within the fanbase
dixichkn
AG
larry culpepper said:

Why do people feel so threatened by Finebaum? He's just some doofus with an afternoon radio show who takes phone calls from crazy people from Alabama.
100% agreed. Unfortunately he has a highly visible national platform and people buy into his brand of dumbassery
halfastros81
AG
Well, they don't have to bother to conspire when Jimbo's team sux …. like this year…. So far.
rootube
AG
Feinbaum doesn't care about Saban or Alabama. He just needs to fill four hours with words and Jimbo gave him the ammo to talk about us. If Saban ever falls he will be happy to fill those hours pointing and laughing at them.
greg.w.h
AG
rootube said:

Feinbaum doesn't care about Saban or Alabama. He just needs to fill four hours with words and Jimbo gave him the ammo to talk about us. If Saban ever falls he will be happy to fill those hours pointing and laughing at them.
Pawl is very much pro-Bama.
JBGoode
AG
Before it's all said and done, the SEC is going to view the State of Texas as a threat to its establishment. Both A&M and tu.

I know they love tu right now, but they bring the same influence that we do. Power. Money. We aren't little sychophantic stepkids coming to bow at the alter of Alabama.

We'll see how this goes, but there is going to be a fallout when you keep adding sheriffs and no deputies.
barbacoa taco
AG
dixichkn said:

larry culpepper said:

100% agreed. Unfortunately he has a highly visible national platform and people buy into his brand of dumbassery
but I also think that him being anti-A&M is another dumb myth. I've heard him criticize our program but I've heard him do the same to many others. Last week I heard him absolutely unload on Miami and tell a caller how much of a joke that program has become.

He's harsh at times and can be a bit of an ass, but he's not anti-A&M.
Hubert J. Farnsworth
Winning games negates any and all media negativity. Jimbo has got to figure out how to salvage this season.
gopitt
Threatened by Finebaun?
Fisher has had 5 straight Top 10 recruiting classes including the best in history and his teams play at a junior high level. Blame the coach not the jug eared broadcaster.
His offense is offensive. And so is the team. And it's all on Fisher.
Harry Dunne
PaulTony said:

I sat next to an Ole Miss booster a few years backing Oxford, he told me Saban and Finebaum were behind the Hugh Freeze firing because Hugh was winning.
If this was the case, then you would see no two bigger fans of Jimbo than those guys.
Ag_EE_88
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

Ian Neff said:

Freshman 5Stars are not the same as a 5Star Jr 1st Rd pick who returns to Bama so he can be a Top 10 NFL pick.
Also apparently 5* is not as good as a Jr/Sr. 3 star or in the case of App State, probably 0 *. Maybe we should start recruiting less stars and just keep them around and develop them like other schools then.
gopitt
How long has Finebaum been calling the plays for this pathetic offense?
Most disorganized offense I've ever seen.
Damascene
AG
You watch too many movies bro. Lay off the pipe.
fieldtrailer
AG
Very obvious there's a smear campaign. Some on here cant fight back because they are embarrassed and jump on the side of the aggressors.

But, there is no excuse for an A&M admin person to get drunk on Scotch and give Finebaum inside info. A&M should never talk with Paul Finebaum. He isn't going to become our friend.

I am actually with Fisher on this. He has to feel betrayed and I don't blame him. The issues are real but are between A&M and him. I think this is now a bigger issue because up until now, results or not, he was trying. Now, from here on out, you have to wonder how much damage it did.

I don't like the offense and think all he needs to do is give it up and try to land a hot OC. Now his ego may say the heck with it, if you are going to stab me in the back, I am going to do the same.

We are playing right into what Finebaum is wanting. They wouldn't hate Jimbo if they didn't think he was building something.

gopitt
Damn I knew Finebaum was responsible for this mess. Again, it's ALL on Fisher: Great recruiter, lousy OC.
AgDad121619
AG
Jimbo is just making it easier on Pawl to ramp up the rhetoric- regardless of we have started this season we are threat to Saban as long we keep beating him for recruits.

Paul has gone on record that his success is tied to the Resurgence of the Bama program and that is why he will always err in that direction.
DallasAg 94
Ag_EE_88 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

Ian Neff said:

Also apparently 5* is not as good as a Jr/Sr. 3 star or in the case of App State, probably 0 *. Maybe we should start recruiting less stars and just keep them around and develop them like other schools then.
That is what some coaches do.

Patterson @ TCU was that type. He'd recruit 3Star players that he knew would be there 4-5 years. He also took in skilled transfers (Hill, as an example).

Many 5Star recruits are really RS HS players that are 19. Jimmy Clausen... QB at ND a few years ago was one of the more known. He was born Sept '87 and graduated HS in 2007... just months before his 20th BDay. He was 6 when he started K and repeated the 6th grade.

The HS my kids went to routinely "red-shirted" boys with PK4 instead of going into K.

There is a reason Universities redshirt players, specifically OL/DL.

3Stars generally don't leave after 3 years, but 5Stars often do. Often a 3Star would be a 4Star if they stayed in HS another year (or redshirted).

Stars matter... except when they don't.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.