Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

A&M team statistics through 10/3/22

4,329 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by callitacomeback2
DM44
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ranking team stats come from ncaa.com.
There are 131 teams ranked.

Offense:
Total Offense - 105
Passing yds - 101
Passing Efficiency - 84
Rushing yds - 98
Time of Possession - 115
First Downs - 96 (tie)

Defense:
Yds per game allowed - 57 (tie)
Rushing Yds allowed - 97
Passing Yds allowed - 31
Tackles for Loss - 115 (tie)
Sacks - 116 (tie)
aglaes
AG
Look at passing 1st half stats. I think Liucci said that we have 180 yds passing in the 1st half - combined.

That is beyond pitiful.
cupcakesprinkles
AG
Goodness gracious. That is beyond pathetic.
W
AG
it's remarkable the Ags are 3-2 based upon those rankings
Tergdor
AG
You can use https://www.teamrankings.com/ncf/stats/ to get stats from FBS matchups only. Gets rid of the stat boost A&M got from beating up on Sam Houston.

Additional stat I found because I was bored: the defense only has 6 3-and-outs in FBS play. 2 against App State, 3 against Arkansas, 1 against Miss State. That's pretty bad, too.
Onionman
Offense is beyond pathetic.

But Defense is not near as good as it should be. Can't believe so many on here think our defense is elite. They are NOT even close to that.
Onionman
Tergdor said:

You can use https://www.teamrankings.com/ncf/stats/ to get stats from FBS matchups only. Gets rid of the stat boost A&M got from beating up on Sam Houston.

Additional stat I found because I was bored: the defense only has 6 3-and-outs in FBS play. 2 against App State, 3 against Arkansas, 1 against Miss State. That's pretty bad, too.
Wow, thanks for that stat. I've debated people on here that think our defense is so good. Our defense has not been that great. Makes me sad because I thought they could be elite this year.

The scheme we run on defense makes no sense to me at all. And on offense we don't even have a scheme it seems.

Just Tired
DM44 said:

Time of Possession - 115

that is a 180-degree turnaround from the good teams jimbo has had here.
Onionman
If those rankings don't change, we only win 1 more game this year.
bert harbinson
AG
Figured we'd be dead last in sacks.
OTredux
OK, the Defensive stats are insane. We have a NC caliber roster on Defense. PERIOD!

And we have played some really crappy teams (SHSU, Miami, App State) - we should have feasted on those teams.

Dimbo has lost this team.
Tergdor
AG
Onionman said:

Tergdor said:

Wow, thanks for that stat. I've debated people on here that think our defense is so good. Our defense has not been that great. Makes me sad because I thought they could be elite this year.

The scheme we run on defense makes no sense to me at all. And on offense we don't even have a scheme it seems.

I agree. The offense is obviously worse, but the defense is not where it should be. They have a good scoring defense, but that is largely because they are allowing offenses to do just enough for first downs in short yard gains. They simply aren't forcing punts often enough (1 punt forced per offensive score, 0.05 punts per play).
SA-AG72
AG
OTredux said:

OK, the Defensive stats are insane. We have a NC caliber roster on Defense. PERIOD!

And we have played some really crappy teams (SHSU, Miami, App State) - we should have feasted on those teams.

Dimbo has lost this team.

Agree, Dumbo and Jerkin have lost buy in from players. The definition of insanity is repeating the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome.
OTredux
Dimbo needs to show a real fight vs Bama--otherwise, we might be looking at 5-6 losses for the season. I don't expect a win, but a tough fight is what a $ 100m coach does with the best roster money can buy.
OTredux
Obviously, we will beat Umass and USC. I think we will win 1-2 others based on talent. But 7-5 in Y5 is a massive disappointment.
AgFormerlyInIrving
AG
Looks like we're spending too much effort on passing efficiency.

/Shelby Metcalf
StonewallAggieDEFENSE
I think it's time we start supporting the Fightin' Texas Aggie table soccer (foosball) team, and drop this dog.
"If I told you we would beat texas you would say I was braggin'. If I told you we won't beat 'em, I'd be lyin' to you". -Texas A&M Head footbal coach Emory Bellard's response to a reporter before the game, 1975.
Jarrin' Jay
AG
OTredux said:

Obviously, we will beat Umass and USC. I think we will win 1-2 others based on talent. But 7-5 in Y5 is a massive disappointment.

I would not assume a W vs. USC. They can score a few points, and with the way our defense just gifts opposing offenses 5-7 yards a play, USC could easily win that game.

Both USC and Auburn are bad teams, and both those game are on the road...... alsoyou can't forget the fact that Texas A&M is a bad team as well.

I can 1000% guaranty you that USC and Auburn players/staff/fans are counting the aTm game as a W toward bowl eligibility.

We have one sure fire W the rest of the way, UMass, we will be underdogs in every other game but USC and Auburn, those games will be 50/50 and I have zero confidence we can win either much less both.

5-7 is more likely than 7-5, and I am just praying for 6-6.
agracer
AG
A&M Scoring Offense is #108 at 21.8/game

A&M Scoring Defense is #22 at 16.6/game

The defensive numbers may not look great, but keeping the other team off the board is really the most important stat.
bulverdeaggie93
AG
defensive numbers on Sacks and Tackles for Loss are not surprising at all…. you cant get a sack or tackle for loss when 8 guys retreat backwards from the line of scrimmage every snap.
bulverdeaggie93
AG
our defensive issues could be fixed overnight (at least made a lot better)… it's 100% on the coach and schemes being called
bulverdeaggie93
AG
that 16.6 pts allowed by defense will not last long… there are no more Sam, App State etc on the schedule (UMass i guess)…. we'll give up 30+ in conference play with this defensive philosophy
Paul Dirac
OBVIOUSLY the problem is only that players fail to execute.
Also, if our rush defense and lack of QB pressure is so dismal who cares if we are in the top 30% in pass defense? Offenses typically slice through our defense on runs.
halfastros81
AG
Offensive pts scored?
Defensive pts allowed?

Nm. Agracer got it.

Looks to me the offensive pts scored stat includes defense and st scores and it shouldn't. It's more like 18 ppg.
Decay
AG
I actually like our defensive plan - if the O is performing.

If you can get a defense lots of chances to make plays, especially with our talent, then you'll win a lot of games. We're basically designed to win shootouts.

But our offense is crap. We don't pressure the other team at all. Play us straight up and we'll make mistakes. Play us exotic and we'll screw it even worse.

It's like nobody ever thought we'd struggle on O. When in reality the only time we shined was in random games or a stretch with a senior QB. It's crazy.
phatty26
you can look at this one or two ways. I'm still looking at the positives we have played badly are 3-2 and play in the hardest division in the hardest conference.
* We are the youngest team in the SEC
* We have not played a complete game yet
* talk about Jimbo and his coach speak but he is by FAR the best recruiter and spokesperson for TAMU ever
* he needs to hire an OC and a new OL coach but people we are very close
* we know you can't turn the ball over and you have to take advantage of teams mistakes when you are on the road and we did not dropped ints
* we let Rogers off the hook in the first half
Yes Jimbo needs to delegate better but he is great leader and knows how to recruit and sell TAMU.
I hate saying be patient but dammit we are very close and super young.
halfastros81
AG
You are the eternal optimist . The defense has not been bad. The offense is beyond pathetic and I see nothing to make me feel it's close to major improvement . What is it you see that makes you think otherwise?

The "young" excuse has been around forever. Doesn't fly imo.
phatty26
Just an optimist is all and my opinion but you dont think we could and shouldve won that game saturday you are wrong. We didnt make the plays and we are competing even though we are playing sloppy. We have been ugly yes for sure but he does need an Oline coach they shoudnt have regressed and a OC.
halfastros81
AG
I was just like you… 30 yrs ago. Nothing wrong with being positive and optimistic imo. Stay with it!

I just can't lie to myself any more about what I see.

I am not an advocate for overreacting but the OC duties absolutely need to be handed over imo.
phatty26
halfastros81 said:

You are the eternal optimist . The defense has not been bad. The offense is beyond pathetic and I see nothing to make me feel it's close to major improvement . What is it you see that makes you think otherwise?

Just to be clear I'm not overjoyed with our performance either I'm mad as hell but trying to temper my negativity which is hard if you are an aggie. It just comes naturally, but when step back and look at what we are you see how young we are and how much talent we have. I'd rather be here in year 5 than where we were in year 5 with sumlin. We are competing with freshman and sophmores.

A few tweaks and maybe hit the portal this time and get a few pieces and an OC and OL coach.
phatty26
halfastros81 said:

I was just like you… 30 yrs ago. Nothing wrong with being positive and optimistic imo. Stay with it!

I just can't lie to myself any more about what I see.

I am not an advocate for overreacting but the OC duties absolutely need to be handed over imo.
Its a new me its been 30 years since I was there, so I'm looking at where we are I think we are dam close.
firethewagonup
DM44 said:

Ranking team stats come from ncaa.com.
There are 131 teams ranked.

Offense:
Total Offense - 105
Passing yds - 101
Passing Efficiency - 84
Rushing yds - 98
Time of Possession - 115
First Downs - 96 (tie)

Defense:
Yds per game allowed - 57 (tie)
Rushing Yds allowed - 97
Passing Yds allowed - 31
Tackles for Loss - 115 (tie)
Sacks - 116 (tie)

A copy of this among other things should be in Jimbos severance letter
Gigem Aggies
halfastros81
AG
We have the athletes. Agree with that part. A lot of them are young but I see their talent being somewhat wasted . Devon Achane's , for example, don't come along that often. You have to capitalize while you have that kind of quality . We just aren't. The reasons are multiple and somewhat fuzzy but at the end of the day none of that really matters . All that matters is you didn't get the production .
The Banned
phatty26 said:

halfastros81 said:

Just to be clear I'm not overjoyed with our performance either I'm mad as hell but trying to temper my negativity which is hard if you are an aggie. It just comes naturally, but when step back and look at what we are you see how young we are and how much talent we have. I'd rather be here in year 5 than where we were in year 5 with sumlin. We are competing with freshman and sophmores.

A few tweaks and maybe hit the portal this time and get a few pieces and an OC and OL coach.

The question no one can seem to answer is: why are we so young? How are Arkansas and MSU holding on to their talent? Why are our guys bailing out early to go undrafted? Why do we only have 8 guys starting that have been here 3 years or more? Did we just whiff on those classes? We're they not developed? It flat out makes no sense.

I agree that our team is young, and that's hurting. And as Anais said, they aren't fully bought in. But we are we relying on this many young guys in the first place? UGA and Bama sure aren't.
aglaes
AG
agracer said:

A&M Scoring Offense is #108 at 21.8/game

A&M Scoring Defense is #22 at 16.6/game

The defensive numbers may not look great, but keeping the other team off the board is really the most important stat.
Defensive stats would look even better if the offense could hold the ball and at least even out the TOP.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.