Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Transportation from Birmingham to Tuscaloosa

1,774 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by 12thMan9
fallsCoAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This will be my first time road tripping to Tuscaloosa. Any suggestions on transportation from Birmingham to Tuscaloosa and back? Thanks and Gig'em
HJack20
AG
Amtrak.

Jk
Aggie_Jeff
Enterprise or Hertz
unimboti nkum
AG
We're all going to enjoy a first class ticket on the pain train.
Soso nikinombiki maaki dii.
UTExan
Why not fly into Atlanta and rent a car and drive to Tuscaloosa? The southeast is pretty small compared to Texas.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
The Porkchop Express
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
allMondjoy
allow for 3 to 4 hours. Traffic gets horrible on that Hwy.
superunknown
AG
How much you willing to pay?
gigem70
AG
Don't go.
fallsCoAggie
Gotcha. We were looking at that or even an Uber. Last time we looked it was $80 one way. We were more or less wondering if there happened to be any organized transportation from the Birmingham airport we could hop on.
12thMan9
AG
UTExan said:

Why not fly into Atlanta and rent a car and drive to Tuscaloosa? The southeast is pretty small compared to Texas.
Someone needs a map.
Ronnie '88
UTExan
12thMan9 said:

UTExan said:

Someone needs a map.

I have driven that. I would fly into ATL, rent a cheap car and drive to Jasper (about 20 miles from Tuscaloosa IIRC) on Friday, stay in holiday inn express, then drive into Tuscaloosa early the next morning. I do that on my trips everywhere to avoid urban crime and contribute to small town economies. Less stressful all around as well.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
12thMan9
AG
Because you can fly into B'ham which is much closer than ATL.
Ronnie '88
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.