Story Poster
Photo by Jamie Maury, TexAgs
Texas A&M Football

The Loochador Podcast: Analyzing A&M's woes & moving forward

October 2, 2022

Following a disheartening 42-24 loss to Mike Leach and Mississippi State on Saturday afternoon in Starkville, Billy Liucci & David Nuño sat down to discuss how Jimbo Fisher & Co. right the ship moving forward with a trip to Tuscaloosa on the horizon.

Subscribe to The Loochador Podcast on iTunesSpotifyAmazon Music, Overcast, Stitcher, TuneInRSS

See All TexAgs Podcasts

Discussion from...

The Loochador Podcast: Analyzing A&M's woes & moving forward

14,774 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by IndridCold
TAMU74
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I was expecting hoping this game was going to be the positive turning point for the rest of the season.
So much for that.
I don't have a good feeling now for the rest of the season.
Maybe the Bama game can be a positive.
Double Diamond
There needs to be a new play caller not just new offense.
Heisenberg01
AG
The dreaded "players only meeting"! Only thing left is the "vote of confidence" for Jimbo.
CrottyKid
AG
Jimbo needs to do the following if he wants to win.
1. Fire every assistant coach on offense.
2. Hire an OC that is a successful current OC (can run any style of offense) under a head coach that doesn't run the offense.
3. Allow the OC to bring in the position coaches that he wants.
4. Become the defacto recruiting coordinator, offense sensei, and head coach (he has been so busy with offense that he hasn't been great at managing the other parts of the game).
5. Hire a full time special teams coach (preferably a former punter or kicker).
6. Go ahead and make a short list of defensive coordinators.

I truly believe that Jimbo wants to win above anything else. I also believe that losing is the only thing that will get him to make a change. Criticism certainly will not. I hope I am right about him wanting to win, and I hope it is enough to make him objectively evaluate the situation and come to the conclusion that a complete overhaul of the offense is warranted.
DimebagsGhost
AG
You cant ever say when a defense gives up a 16 play drive (even if they give up no points) that they are playing well. Sorry - that is a garbage statement and all it is doing it tiring out the defense.

Need some 3 and outs -- not 16 and outs. Sorry - that is loser football
dcg4403
AG
I understand the conflicting position that Luicci & TexAgs reside. Tough balance for continued access to staff, players, insiders, etc.

However, too much icing and beating around the bushes. You said it but not directly while also not pointing fingers.

This is simple. In Year 5, we cannot continue to be blind. Defense is the least of our worries & should not undergo any major changes right now. Not enough tape or time under Durkin. Yes, I get the complaints about too much 3 man but overall defense looks excellent compared to one of the worse offenses in Div I.

Fact....Texas A&M is one of the worse offenses in Div I. They continue to trend as one of the worse offenses in the SEC since Jimbo took over. This is undeniable.

Time for drastic offensive change is IMMEDIATELY. The ONLY common demoninator is Jimbo Fisher.

Anyone with half a brain, knows what the root cause is. Question is, can anyone within the football program get Jimbo to volunteer to step down as OC or force him to change? They also certainly need to make asst coach changes.

If Jimbo is OC this Spring. There will be massive revolt. Hope the Boosters, AD, and BoR realize if they dont make immediate change at the end of this season that the almost BILLION dollars invested in football operations has gone largely to waste. Why? We do it for ONE reason. To win the SEC and get into the CFP. That is it!! And we are further away than closer.

jmsrz
I've been associated with Texas A&M since 1999. Texas A&M won the Big 12 Championship in 1998. I've been waiting for Texas A&M to be great for 23...not even the best but just be great. After this season, you just have to realize that it's not going to happen.

Great coaches (on the rise) don't come to Texas A&M...they just don't. Coaches who are the downside of their career come to Texas A&M.

You don't have to agree with this but results from the past 23 years speak for themselves.
dannyv
AG
I wish either of them had addressed why King at QB is a foregone conclusion. I've never seen a more efficient turnover machine, and we have one of the best QB recruits we've ever brought in behind him. I agree that King seems to be the guy, I just don't understand why. Maybe he is that far behind, but I don't know how he could do any worse than King has done.
rondis23
AG
He threw another INT in garbage time.
MagnumLoad
I was outraged. I don't like the offense. I thought Fisher should have played Weigman from the start. But 24 points off turnovers, and a badly blown call by the officials on the blocked field goal are not on Fisher. Achane holds on to the ball and we go up 7-0, and completely different game. Durkin's defense IS killing us. We get so few offensive possessions that we have to score on each of them. We have no hope of getting a stop on 3rd or 4th and short with Durkin's alignment. It is insane.

The Durkin and Adazio hires are on Fisher for sure.
I hate tu. It's in my blood.
sleepybeagle
AG
CrottyKid said:

Jimbo needs to do the following if he wants to win.
1. Fire every assistant coach on offense.
2. Hire an OC that is a successful current OC (can run any style of offense) under a head coach that doesn't run the offense.
3. Allow the OC to bring in the position coaches that he wants.
4. Become the defacto recruiting coordinator, offense sensei, and head coach (he has been so busy with offense that he hasn't been great at managing the other parts of the game).
5. Hire a full time special teams coach (preferably a former punter or kicker).
6. Go ahead and make a short list of defensive coordinators.

I truly believe that Jimbo wants to win above anything else. I also believe that losing is the only thing that will get him to make a change. Criticism certainly will not. I hope I am right about him wanting to win, and I hope it is enough to make him objectively evaluate the situation and come to the conclusion that a complete overhaul of the offense is warranted.
Yes on all points. Could not agree more.
jmsrz
The one silver lining I will take out of this is....you don't really have to be good to make a boat load of money!
IndridCold
AG
The best we can do for a backup is the "King" of Pick-Sixes? That's ridiculous.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.