Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

I want to hate Mike Leach, but I can't

8,172 Views | 55 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by TRADUCTOR
phatty26
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bryanisbest said:

Raptor said:

His biggest (perceived) problem is that he's seen as a gimmick coach. Sure he can upset some big teams, but he's not a championship caliber coach and probably never will be.

No matter. He has and will make millions beating better teams with less talent and will retire a very wealthy man. He has "gimmicked" (your word) his way to 9-4 against us. Has anybody at second rate school(s) ever done that to us before when we had more talent every time. I don't remember one and I've been watching the Ags since 1956.

Could it be that we should drop our description of his O as "gimmick?" At 4-9 we only demean ourselves by using that kind of terminology.
Yes he beats us then he loses to UNT SHSU memphis western kentucky etc. We typically beat our self in these games and yesterday was no exception. We fumble on a most likely td drive the game changes dramatically if we are playing from in front. We drop ints and a sure pick 6 we had our chances and blew it. Yes he beat us but it wasnt his stellar coaching it was turnovers and lack of execution. Is he lucky yes
Sparkie
AG
Best coach who never won anything.
waco_aggie05
AG
And we've won what exactly?
Horse with No Name
Paul Dirac said:

He does not own us!!!!

Now he rents us when we play his team.

"If it floats, flies, f@&($, or footballs, it's cheaper to rent"
Ridin' 'cross the desert. . .
Texas A&M
phatty26 said:

Bryanisbest said:

Raptor said:

His biggest (perceived) problem is that he's seen as a gimmick coach. Sure he can upset some big teams, but he's not a championship caliber coach and probably never will be.

No matter. He has and will make millions beating better teams with less talent and will retire a very wealthy man. He has "gimmicked" (your word) his way to 9-4 against us. Has anybody at second rate school(s) ever done that to us before when we had more talent every time. I don't remember one and I've been watching the Ags since 1956.

Could it be that we should drop our description of his O as "gimmick?" At 4-9 we only demean ourselves by using that kind of terminology.
Yes he beats us then he loses to UNT SHSU memphis western kentucky etc. We typically beat our self in these games and yesterday was no exception. We fumble on a most likely td drive the game changes dramatically if we are playing from in front. We drop ints and a sure pick 6 we had our chances and blew it. Yes he beat us but it wasnt his stellar coaching it was turnovers and lack of execution. Is he lucky yes
When you're 'lucky' 9 out of 13 times, it really isn't luck.
nu awlins ag
AG
Leach owns A&M's land. He rents it to us. This guy gets in the head of every A&M team before the game starts. It really is amazing. All you have to do is watch the teams that kick his ass and repeat it. A&M has just as much talent as those teams but it real is a head game of over thinking.
-------------------------------------------------------
[You aren't talking about anything on here until tomorrow. -Staff]

nu awlins ag

LMAO

Nu Awlins Ag for New TAMU President!!!!!!!
JWinTX
Texas A&M said:

He owns us, but he's easily the most likeable coach out there right now.

DCIAP
Two things:

1.) The older he gets, the more he sounds like a much funnier version of Bob Knight when he does interviews.

2.) That woman has an unusually deep voice. I wonder what Trevor sounds like?
mustang1234
Love him or hate him, but

The man does more with less talent than any coach out there right now.

He can definatly 'Coach them up"

And yes, he owns us.
LMCane
rondis23 said:

Daddy Leech!!! It's almost like football is an after thought for him.
doesn't he have an advanced degree in psychology?

I heard stories that he wasn't even a football coach, until one day he drew up some plays and drove over to the home of some college coach and showed him what he had created!

love the guy- he is the only honest coach in the USA
Ag Tag
LMCane said:

rondis23 said:

doesn't he have an advanced degree in psychology?

I heard stories that he wasn't even a football coach, until one day he drew up some plays and drove over to the home of some college coach and showed him what he had created!

love the guy- he is the only honest coach in the USA
He's also a lawyer, believe it or not.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
Since 2014, we have dropped to 3-6 against Mississippi State, including 1-4 in Starkville. 3 of those road losses were by 15+ points. Mississippi State beat us for the 2nd year in a row. We have lost 3 consecutive true SEC road games. Our last road win was a 35-14 rout of Missouri on 10/16/21, and our last road win over an SEC West opponent was a 31-20 win at Auburn on 12/5/20.

In contrast, Mississippi State snapped a 6-game home losing streak to SEC West opponents and beat an SEC West opponent for the first time since a 21-20 win over Ole Miss on 11/28/19. Also, it is the first ever such win for Mike Leach. Prior to this year, Mike Leach had 3 wins over SEC West teams: 44-34 win at LSU in 2020, 26-22 win at Texas A&M in 2021, and 43-34 win at Auburn in 2021, but he lost all 6 home games to divisional opponents.

It looks like the home/away trend is flipping for Mike Leach this year. I think Mississippi State will win their home games against Arkansas on Saturday and Auburn on 11/5. Their home game against Georgia on 11/12 and road games at Kentucky on 10/15, at Alabama on 10/22, and Ole Miss on 11/24 will be very tough. With that home/away schedule, Mississippi State will probably go 3-1 in home SEC games and 0-4 in away SEC games for a 7-5 (3-5 SEC) regular season finish.
Barnacle
AG
rondis23 said:

It's definitely easy and simple for him and he makes it that way for his players too. One of the big reasons why he does more with less.
rootube
AG
I love how people like to mystify coaching. Leach said to himself, these guys look like they are bad at stopping the run. Let's do more of that. The turnovers were just a nice insurance policy.
92Ag95
AG
I fn' love the guy.
marius2k4
AG
Damascene said:

I used to hate him when he would repeatedly destroy us while at tech.
Nowadays it's more admiration and respect. The man knows offense. Understands the limitation of the restricted college practice schedule. Schemes for his limited talent and gets the most out of his players. He's a savant and very few have done more with less than he has.
He's also very entertaining and wise and he's not scared to speak his mind. Breath of fresh air these days.

Yeah I've become envious as well. I want competence so badly.
TAMU74
AG
Paul Dirac said:

I would damn near sell my soul to have Fisher talk to this team like that and wake them the F up.
Everything he was saying about that Tech team is probably exactly what is wrong with this A&M team.
Except of course we've never been 11 and 2 under Fisher.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I hate losing to him but the man is a damn treasure
cupofjoe04
AG
You place WAY too little value on your soul…
Houstonag
AG
Leach is smart, evaluates competition, then designs a system on both O and D that maximizes his teams strengths and minimizes his own weakness. The prepare a unique plan against TAMU because our coach is stubborn. Our blocking plan was flawed and Leach designed a scheme to pressure our QB often. It worked.
jenks
AG
Yes, hire the pirate!
TRADUCTOR
Innovator, actually leveled the playing field. Show him the money. AAARGH.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.