Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

I want to hate Mike Leach, but I can't

8,173 Views | 55 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by TRADUCTOR
Texas A&M
How long do you want to ignore this user?
He owns us, but he's easily the most likeable coach out there right now.

DCIAP
Post removed:
by user
rondis23
AG
Daddy Leech!!! It's almost like football is an after thought for him.
My Name Is Judge
Average Guy said:

Mike does not "own" us; we're just a bad football team.

Not sure what the ownership definition is, but his record against A&M is 9-4
45-70Ag
AG
He owns A&M and so far there isn't much indicating that will ever change.
Texas A&M
Average Guy said:

My Name Is Judge said:

Average Guy said:

Any talk of Leach "owning" us writes off the real reason we lost. It's a distraction.
9-4 is against multiple coaches. Sorry, but he owns us.
45-70Ag
AG
Leach has continually exposed A&M for what it is, a program with hype that underperforms more often than not.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
TMartin
ML doesn't try to fit a square peg into a round hole or reinvent the wheel. I don't see a man consumed with his ego.
agent-maroon
AG
I'll do my best to hate him twice as much to make up for the OP.

You're welcome!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
QB1
AG
He owns us
Damascene
AG
I used to hate him when he would repeatedly destroy us while at tech.
Nowadays it's more admiration and respect. The man knows offense. Understands the limitation of the restricted college practice schedule. Schemes for his limited talent and gets the most out of his players. He's a savant and very few have done more with less than he has.
He's also very entertaining and wise and he's not scared to speak his mind. Breath of fresh air these days.
texasaggie84
AG
Damascene said:

I used to hate him when he would repeatedly destroy us while at tech.
Nowadays it's more admiration and respect. The man knows offense. Understands the limitation of the restricted college practice schedule. Schemes for his limited talent and gets the most out of his players. He's a savant and very few have done more with less than he has.
He's also very entertaining and wise and he's not scared to speak his mind. Breath of fresh air these days.
Agree 100%.
Frag
AG
I love Mike Leach. If we are going to be perennially mediocre, Leach would at least be entertaining.
pacecar02
I can divorce him from the dirt worshipers

With proper recruiting, Leach could be devastating beyond just our game.
Paul Dirac
He does not own us!!!!

Now he rents us when we play his team.
Bryanisbest
AG
Texas A&M said:

Average Guy said:

My Name Is Judge said:

Average Guy said:

Any talk of Leach "owning" us writes off the real reason we lost. It's a distraction.
9-4 is against multiple coaches. Sorry, but he owns us.

This^. The way he always beats us is with a better offense. His O does not depend on talent. He goes overhead without having to have more talent, size, quickness and muscle. All he needs at QB is quick decision making and an accurate arm, not a strong arm but an accurate arm. The QB does not need to be tall because his Oline splits are so wide he creates throwing lanes for a shorter QB. He therefore beats teams consistently who have more talent. His niche is to coach at second rate places and win with less talent as he has done v A&M 9 out of 13 tries. He beats you with more brains and less talent. If you want to know the detail of this development read The Perfect Pass by Sam Gwynne.
Bring n WOOD
AG
I can 100%, absolutely hate Mike Leach!….
Raptor
AG
His biggest (perceived) problem is that he's seen as a gimmick coach. Sure he can upset some big teams, but he's not a championship caliber coach and probably never will be.
This post is for Cretaceous Level Subscribers only.

Bring n WOOD
AG
Raptor said:

His biggest (perceived) problem is that he's seen as a gimmick coach. Sure he can upset some big teams, but he's not a championship caliber coach and probably never will be.

Which makes it all the more frustrating we can't beat this a$$ clown!
Paul Dirac
HoustonAg2106
AG
Raptor said:

He's perfect for programs that will never be able to recruit at the level required to win a championship
Decay
AG
Leach knows how to use his players. I'd kill to see how he'd utilize our offense. He has plenty of faults but remember Crabtree? When he has the personnel he can absolutely light you up.
Paul Dirac
Johnsy3
AG
Average Guy said:

My Name Is Judge said:

Average Guy said:

No it doesn't. "Owning us" means he consistently out-coaches us and beats us with inferior talent. That's exactly our problem. Being out-coached despite the talent advantage we have over all teams aside from Bama and LSU
Bryanisbest
AG
Raptor said:

He beats us at second rate schools 9 times out of 13. Has any other Coach of second rate schools beat us that percentage of times? Did Rice, Baylor, Tech, SMU, U of H or TCU ever do that? How about Ole Miss, Missouri or Auburn? No, Leach is the ONLY one at second rate schools that has ever done that.

No matter. He has and will make millions beating better teams with less talent and will retire a very wealthy man. He has "gimmicked" (your word) his way to 9-4 against us. Has anybody at second rate school(s) ever done that to us before when we had more talent every time. I don't remember one and I've been watching the Ags since 1956.

Could it be that we should drop our description of his O as "gimmick?" At 4-9 we only demean ourselves by using that kind of terminology.
Bryanisbest
AG
Decay said:

Leach knows how to use his players. I'd kill to see how he'd utilize our offense. He has plenty of faults but remember Crabtree? When he has the personnel he can absolutely light you up.

You'd kill to know? I'll give you a taste: Max, Achane and E Stewart would be all-Americans
fieldtrailer
AG
Then go give him a bath.
TexasAggie81
TMartin said:

ML doesn't try to fit a square peg into a round hole or reinvent the wheel. I don't see a man consumed with his ego.
Are you talking about Mike Leach or Dumbo Fisher?
TexasAggie_97
AG
Leach is a damn national treasure.
OrygunAg
AG
He makes it fun to watch football. He is an offensive mastermind but not sure about his coaching management side. He is a bit of a narcissist so prob never be just o coord someplace.
WC94
AG
That is a World class ass chewing.
cajunken
Leach can do more on an index card than most coaches can do on a three-ring binder.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.