Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Max is tough

8,025 Views | 59 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by ontheway
TyperWoods
How long do you want to ignore this user?
LatinAggie1997 said:

TyperWoods said:

Max is a game manager.

He has ro be right now because of the OL and plays we run. When he has time he makes the right choice and completion.

He's faster at making run decisions than King in the mesh. Probably because he is more likely to hand it off. He is slower at making pass decisions than King, and much more reticent to throw it down the field.
TyperWoods
Bryanisbest said:

atx_aggie12 said:

I agree completely. Not sure what all the hate on Max is about. He has been put in a no win situation and looks better than 99% of QBs would if they were playing in this offense right now.

Correct, I agree OP. The hate is due to a subliminal dislike for the guy who beat us at LSU last year. It is exposed in statements like this: "Max beat us on that last play least year." "Yes, but our defender was interfered with by the offense!" What does that have to do with Max's perfect throw on the play? They refuse to credit Max today because of his play last year.

You are the only poster I've read say any of that.
Bryanisbest
AG
TyperWoods said:

Bryanisbest said:

atx_aggie12 said:

I agree completely. Not sure what all the hate on Max is about. He has been put in a no win situation and looks better than 99% of QBs would if they were playing in this offense right now.

Correct, I agree OP. The hate is due to a subliminal dislike for the guy who beat us at LSU last year. It is exposed in statements like this: "Max beat us on that last play least year." "Yes, but our defender was interfered with by the offense!" What does that have to do with Max's perfect throw on the play? They refuse to credit Max today because of his play last year.

Thanks Typer. I can always depend on you to give the anti-Max slant on everything. No one else on this board is near as reliably unreliable in comments about Max. Keep it up. You are foil for greatness. Diamonds are beautiful when displayed on a background foil of dark velvet.
ElephantRider
AG
High floor, low ceiling. Definitely a step up from King. He doesn't turn the ball over and doesn't get rattled, but I don't think he's a guy that is going to elevate the program.
Artorias
AG
68RebelE said:

Max is SLOW. King is FAST.
King has won the starting job twice.
Also, I prefer fast.
I prefer not throwing 2+ INTs per game
ElephantRider
AG
68RebelE said:

Also, I prefer fast.
It doesn't matter how fast King is when he has zero awareness when he's running. Max is much more effective as a runner (and a passer, obviously).
Bryanisbest
AG
TyperWoods said:

LatinAggie1997 said:

TyperWoods said:

Max is a game manager.

He has ro be right now because of the OL and plays we run. When he has time he makes the right choice and completion.

He's faster at making run decisions than King in the mesh. Probably because he is more likely to hand it off. He is slower at making pass decisions than King, and much more reticent to throw it down the field.

It's called being careful with the football so as to not create turnovers. King does not do that.
Aggie1188
atx_aggie12 said:

Weigman would have beaten Miss State easily. Weigman is quick & evasive enough to avoid the rush and also fast enough to grab the 1st downs on the ground with his legs. That's not even mentioning Weigman's passing which is likely better than Max or King or at least reading the field given they're both not seeing much.
Aggie1188
Don't be surprised if Weigman starts this week, or at least comes in by the 2nd quarter. Jimbo's press conference suggested it wouldn't be at all surprising to see Weigman vs Alabama. Max is hurt this week. King lost to App St.
TyperWoods
Bryanisbest said:

TyperWoods said:

Bryanisbest said:

atx_aggie12 said:

Thanks Typer. I can always depend on you to give the anti-Max slant on everything. No one else on this board is near as reliably unreliable in comments about Max. Keep it up. You are foil for greatness. Diamonds are beautiful when displayed on a background foil of dark velvet.

And I can count on you for Max is our Tom Brady.
annie88
AG
LatinAggie1997 said:

Max made some plays when he had time. The other thing he does well is not get rattled. He was getting clobbered all game and continued to stand tall in the pocket knowing he was going to get drilled while he threw.

It was not lost on this fan. I appreciate that type of guts
One of the guys on our halftime show made the comment that he didn't really think it mattered what quarterback was playing at A&M right now because the O-line can't protect him and he's getting slammed to the ground all the time. I think there's a lot of truth in that and I also think Max is a good quarterback.

But honestly with the playcalling our team is getting? Does it really even matter? Everyone has figured them out. Everyone. How many times did they throw little short passes to the side and get clobbered? The times when he did get to pass it down field he did fairly well. The guy can throw.

Our players really do deserve better.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FJB TRUMP 2024.
TyperWoods
Bryanisbest said:

TyperWoods said:

LatinAggie1997 said:

TyperWoods said:

Max is a game manager.

It's called being careful with the football so as to not create turnovers. King does not do that.

Perhaps we aren't moving the ball because we play too safe.

No INTs in 4 games tells me he's too careful. There's a balance. King is too gambler, Max is too careful. The OLine for either is horrible.

We need more rollouts, and more screens. And not rolling out to the side that forces Max, or King, to throw against their body. It adds a degree of difficulty that Max isn't going to try, and King is going to try too much.
Bryanisbest
AG
TyperWoods said:

Bryanisbest said:

TyperWoods said:

Bryanisbest said:

atx_aggie12 said:

Wow, you still confused about that post?
deltazulu
AG
TyperWoods said:

Bryanisbest said:

TyperWoods said:

LatinAggie1997 said:

TyperWoods said:

Max is a game manager.

No INTs in 4 games tells me he's too careful. There's a balance. King is too gambler, Max is too careful. The OLine for either is horrible.

We need more rollouts, and more screens. And not rolling out to the side that forces Max, or King, to throw against their body. It adds a degree of difficulty that Max isn't going to try, and King is going to try too much.

I have to disagree. King doesn't throw picks because he gambles too much, he throws bad balls that are easy picks. His 8 picks vs 7 TDs came mostly against non SEC defenses. It was amazing the difference in Max and Haynes (in passing ability-accuracy) when I got to see them play back to back. Max is night and day better when it comes to accuracy. I'm not a Haynes hater, he is just not where he needs to be at this stage, either because of his lack of talent or lack of coaching (both of which are really concerning since we have a QB scout and QB whisperer at HC).
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
68RebelE said:

Also, I prefer fast.
I'll take slow and non-turnover machine to fast and turnover machine.
#FJB
TyperWoods
deltazulu said:

TyperWoods said:

Bryanisbest said:

TyperWoods said:

LatinAggie1997 said:

TyperWoods said:

Max is a game manager.

I have to disagree. King doesn't throw picks because he gambles too much, he throws bad balls that are easy picks. His 8 picks vs 7 TDs came mostly against non SEC defenses. It was amazing the difference in Max and Haynes (in passing ability-accuracy) when I got to see them play back to back. Max is night and day better when it comes to accuracy. I'm not a Haynes hater, he is just not where he needs to be at this stage, either because of his lack of talent or lack of coaching (both of which are really concerning since we have a QB scout and QB whisperer at HC).

So, your position is King makes the right decisions, just makes bad throws. Interesting.
TyperWoods
Bryanisbest said:

TyperWoods said:

Bryanisbest said:

TyperWoods said:

Bryanisbest said:

atx_aggie12 said:

Wow, you still confused about that post?

You seem to be the confused one.
Bryanisbest
AG
TyperWoods said:

deltazulu said:

TyperWoods said:

Bryanisbest said:

TyperWoods said:

LatinAggie1997 said:

TyperWoods said:

Max is a game manager.

So, your position is King makes the right decisions, just makes bad throws. Interesting.

Thanks. KEEP IT UP, Typer. Excellent foil for Max's greatness.
TyperWoods
Bryanisbest said:

TyperWoods said:

deltazulu said:

TyperWoods said:

Bryanisbest said:

TyperWoods said:

LatinAggie1997 said:

TyperWoods said:

Max is a game manager.

Thanks. KEEP IT UP, Typer. Excellent foil for Max's greatness.

So now Max is great?

KEEP IT UP, show how partial you are Mrs. Johnson.
cavscout96
AG
TyperWoods said:

LatinAggie1997 said:

TyperWoods said:

Max is a game manager.

Demonstrably false
Houstonag
AG
Both Max and Haynes are good QBs. Need better play design and blocking. We need separation and that means a little better blocking and route running.
TyperWoods
cavscout96 said:

TyperWoods said:

LatinAggie1997 said:

TyperWoods said:

Max is a game manager.

Demonstrably false

That's all you got? No actual demonstration?
Cojack
You mean the interception king is fast
Meximan
The Collective said:

It is uncanny how many "unlucky" turnovers happen to King.
Thing is, many of them really do make really odd caroms and bounces off of hands and just right directly into DBs' arms. He's like the opposite of Marvel's Domino... his superpower is throwing interceptions.
ontheway
AG
We need a TE that can be his go to when pocket is failing
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.