Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Mike Gundy, Gary Patterson, Dave Aranda, Sam Pittman

9,030 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Aston 91
WestTexasAg04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Where would they have us after five years at the helm. I don't believe we'd be losing to State or with a loss to App State.
My Name Is Judge
Remember when we could've hired Kirby smart & instead hired Sumlin… ?

Woof
LSB_2002
AG
Our ROI looks about like my 401k……..
Trajan88
AG
Add TCU's Sonny Dykes to the mix.
20ag07
Quote:

Where would they have us after five years at the helm. I don't believe we'd be losing to State or with a loss to App State.
Well, where was your checkbook when Gundy was on campus leveraging us for a raise?

There would have been blood on the streets if we hired Pittman.

And Patterson got fired for being more stubborn than Jimbo.

LakeSurfinAg08
AG
Smart would have always left for GA. No contest here.
Rossticus
Trajan88 said:

About now I'd settle for Spike Dykes…
PeekingDuck
AG
Pittman doesn't belong in that group. Arkansas will regress badly next year.
Gunny456
AG
Yes sir. A truly bone head epic mistake. I was mad about it then and mad about it now more.
aggiedad7
LSB_2002 said:

Our ROI looks about like my 401k……..
This one hurts to laugh at and hits too close to home.
SEC Champs
AG
if you think Aranda will leave Baylor for A&M, you have to be on meds. He's got a clear path to the Playoffs EVERY YEAR. It's a perfect launching pad for him to bounce to the NFL.

The problem with programs like ours is that we want tenured coaches that have decided the NFL is not for them. But they may be stuck in the same, old scheme. They have to be willing to give the keys to up-and-coming coordinators like Aranda; even Saban did that. That's why Coach O was able to win a NC much faster than Jimbo.
Ozamataz Buckshank 01
AG
Watched the Baylor v OSU game from yesterday. That game should have been given a prime time slot in the afternoon. Players on both sides were flying to the ball. The playbooks came from differing philosophies, but both Baylor and OSU moved the ball and were periodically shut down by stud defenders who were flying to the ball. Games like these are why I enjoy college football. Just like in 2017, I am skipping Aggie games for now on and just watching other good games.
"You can't grade the success of a CEO by how likeable he is."
Aggie
AG
X-wing@Aliciousness said:

Watched the Baylor v OSU game from yesterday. That game should have been given a prime time slot in the afternoon. Players on both sides were flying to the ball. The playbooks came from differing philosophies, but both Baylor and OSU moved the ball and were periodically shut down by stud defenders who were flying to the ball. Games like these are why I enjoy college football. Just like in 2017, I am skipping Aggie games for now on and just watching other good games.

Nobody here will give Baylor any credit, they have been an better team than we have for awhile now
CAVGrunt97
AG
This guy Lance Leipold at Kansas has them 5-0. When was the last time Kansas was 5-0??? Apparently he's won 6 national championships.

He squares off against Sonny Dykes next week.

We keep you alive to serve this ship. Row well, and live!
AGAZ03
AG
Aranda, Kiffin or Matt Rhule
MSCAg
AG
I don't know if we'd be any better off.

But we sure wouldn't have spent as much money.
JustSayin
Aranda isnt an NFL coach. Too quirky and intellectual.
SEC Champs
AG
JustSayin said:

Oh really?

12thMan9
AG
CAVGrunt97 said:

This guy Lance Leipold at Kansas has them 5-0. When was the last time Kansas was 5-0??? Apparently he's won 6 national championships.

And GameDay will be there. Let that sink in.......
Ronnie '88
TXAGBQ76
AG
When did Kirby ever say he was ready to leave Bama and come to TAMU?
phatty26
My Name Is Judge said:

Woof

And he would r ultimately left for Uga
90ags
The OC (Grimes) and OL coaches at BU should be looked at....think their OC will be a HC soon. Grimes has had some good offenses at other schools (BYU) and was an OL coach at LSU. He fixes both problems
______________________________________________________ Play for the name on the front of your jersey, not the back...
Seven Costanza
AG
JustSayin said:

corybantic
We should hire the guy at Baylor that hired Aranda and Rhule. They have been making smart hires despite being a feeder school where coaches get regularly poached.
fieldtrailer
AG
PeekingDuck said:

How the **** did Pittman get put in coaching mix?
Barnacle
AG
Why doesn't Leach make these lists? Where would we be if we had just hired him after Fran?
CrottyKid
AG
I love me some Mike Gundy, but he's past his prime.

Our best chance to win a championship is Jimbo at HC with some kind of innovative OC who can be in some instances mentored by Jimbo.

It's time for him to take the Bobby Bowden role. Can someone please make him see this?
milner79
Rossticus said:

Trajan88 said:

About now I'd settle for Spike Dykes…

... maybe Spike Lee ...
Kellso
Barnacle said:

Why doesn't Leach make these lists? Where would we be if we had just hired him after Fran?
Leach doesn't make these list because he's never coached a 1st place team. He is not a championship caliber coach.

To be a championship caliber team you have to be able to play defense.
Gary Patterson in Bryan/College Station would be scary.

No one does defense better than Gary Patterson.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
CAVGrunt97 said:

ESPN's College GameDay will be going to Lawrence, Kansas. The last time Kansas was 5-0 was in Mark Magino's final season in 2009, but that Kansas team lost their last 7 final games to finish 5-7
hogfan14
PeekingDuck said:

Maybe but even still he took a 2-10 program who there was no hope for and nearly won 10 games last year and could still make a bowl this year. A little regression isn't out of the ordinary as a program ebbs and flows. You can't win more games every single year.
91AggieLawyer
AG
My Name Is Judge said:

Woof

I would have liked Kirby too, but in fairness, I don't think he would have come here.
Aston 91
AG
CAVGrunt97 said:

You sure you're not getting Leipold and K-State's Klieman mixed up? They're both coaching better than Jimbo right now, but only Klieman has multiple NC's (4 at North Dakota State).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lance_Leipold
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Klieman
GoldenGun00
AG
Aston 91 said:

CAVGrunt97 said:

You sure you're not getting Leipold and K-State's Klieman mixed up? They're both coaching better than Jimbo right now, but only Klieman has multiple NC's (4 at North Dakota State).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lance_Leipold
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Klieman

Look at your own link. Leipold has 6 national championships. I believe he's also the only coach in several decades to leave Buffalo with a winning record. He was runner up for the Vanderbilt job when Lea got it and badly wanted it. He's well positioned to cash in at a top tier program in the next two years, and I expect he'll be hugely successful unless it's somewhere like Auburn where the boosters won't let him run his program.
phatty26
Iraq2xVeteran said:

CAVGrunt97 said:

ESPN's College GameDay will be going to Lawrence, Kansas. The last time Kansas was 5-0 was in Mark Magino's final season in 2009, but that Kansas team lost their last 7 final games to finish 5-7

A great story but they are gonna get railroaded soon enough. They were more than lucky as isu does what it does best choking away games.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.