Story Poster
Jimbo Fisher
Demani Richardson
Layden Robinson
Texas A&M Football

Press Conference: Fisher, Aggies react to 42-24 loss to Mississippi State

October 1, 2022

No. 17 Texas A&M never found its footing in Starkville as Mississippi State overwhelmed the Aggies, 42-24. After the game, Jimbo Fisher, Demani Richardson and Layden Robinson spoke to the media about the loss.

Discussion from...

Press Conference: Fisher, Aggies react to 42-24 loss to Mississippi State

21,036 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Paul Dirac
HJack20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not great, Bob!
DGrimesAg92
Did he run sprints before he came in?

Welp, we're done, he thinks there's nothing wrong with the game plan and scheme, except execution. Problem solved, that was way too easy, why didn't we think of that?

These kids have ZERO confidence in their head coach and it shows on both sides of the ball.

Durkin running a 3 man front with the talent we have at DL is just as maddening.

Nothing is going to change……can't wait to see what year 6 brings!!
AgFormerlyInIrving
AG
Getting sick of hearing him talk.
rondis23
AG
Don't go to his press conferences. F that puto!
newbie11
I'm so tired of listening to his play by play recaps. I almost wish sumlin were back and his smug refusal to answer questions.
El Gato
AG
Jimbo needs to go to his ranch and STAY THERE after recruiting season and let somebody else call the plays and make a decent game plan. We need a young dynamic play caller. He's a fraud get him tf out of here
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
bulverdeaggie93
AG
he did say and knows the defense scheme is bad… he knows lack of pressure was terrible…. the bigger question for me is why didn't he do something about it??
Aggie1188
Pathetic press conference. Zero tough questions. I guess they know Jimbo would just throw a tantrum and/or make an excuse.

Question that should've been asked after his excuses: "Why does virtually every other team manage to score points and rack up yards but your team every week?"
Aggie1188
bulverdeaggie93 said:

he did say and knows the defense scheme is bad… he knows lack of pressure was terrible…. the bigger question for me is why didn't he do something about it??
I laughed out loud when Jimbo said "we did blitz some…like 6 times." LOL
DGrimesAg92
bulverdeaggie93 said:

It's because he knows the reason that we're not getting pressure is, one it's a three man front, and two our defense is freaking tired, because they're on the field the entire game.
AGDAD14
the truth is… there were only a few GOOD snaps! (Not just a couple of low snaps.). And it's not just one game.

Come on reporters you have been given a seat at the table to represent the fan base… confront Jimbo and his staff with the truth even if it makes them mad.

Hell what do they have to be mad at other than themselves or the players, all who are receiving money, while the fans give money (no matter how big or small).
DGrimesAg92
Relentless pressure the entire game is defense, not 6 blitzes which very few of those being in 3rd or even 4th down situations. We are soft and Durkin is a problem.
DGrimesAg92
AGDAD14 said:

the truth is… there were only a few GOOD snaps! (Not just a couple of low snaps.). And it's not just one game.

Come on reporters you have been given a seat at the table to represent the fan base… confront Jimbo and his staff with the truth even if it makes them mad.

Hell what do they have to be mad at other than themselves or the players, all who are receiving money, while the fans give money (no matter how big or small).

They know good and well if they do, they won't be back in that pressroom. this is the good old boy network at Texas A&M, that's how it works. Tough questions do not get asked.
Evanhue
AG
bulverdeaggie93 said:

We did the exact same thing last year against MSU and lost. I guess he learned nothing from that?
Duckhook
AG
Same old bull***** Nothing's going to change.
IamGroot
AG
I liked the Pirate's postgame comments much better
AG
bulverdeaggie93 said:

Whoever approved the 3-man front against Miss State obviously didn't watch last year's game.

It's like he WANTS to be fired so he can f*** off with his money and not actually have to work.
Sb1540
Jimbo: "we didn't execute. That's on me. I gotta coach 'em up better. The penalties killed us. That's on me."

Did he actually say this lol? What a dip*****
HalcoAG90
AG
Definition of insanity… heck seems like I hear the same crap week after week…
aggiesundevil4
AG
Maybe in his next press conference he will announce a new o line coach, an OC, and the end of 3-8 defensive fronts…or I'll just keep dreaming
BigHead 04
AG
Fraud
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
DGrimesAg92
Orthodox Texan said:

Jimbo: "we didn't execute. That's on me. I gotta coach 'em up better. The penalties killed us. That's on me."

Go back and watch the presser after App State….exact same thing said.

Now I know why my buddy from FSU just laughed when we got Jimbo. He said, "just wait, his play calling will drive you insane.".
The Chicken Ranch
AG
Nothing to say other than his goose is cooked.

Oh..wait…there's that contract.

Never mind.
coulter
Serious question… how much do we pay for Sark?
cupofjoe04
AG
conroeag99 said:

Serious question… how much do we pay for Sark?
"we"? Not today, troll.
JohnLA762
AG
He knows he sucks azz and have no hope this year! He must be glad his $$$$ is guaranteed!
turfman80
AG
Orthodox Texan said:

He says that after every loss
Yeah, well, sometimes nothing is a real cool hand
coulter
Not today. Right, wouldn't want to take away from a blowout loss to Mike Leach.

But think about it. No better way to stop tu's momentum than the ultimate power play..
Reno Hightower
Both the offensive and defensive schemes need to be executed and soon.
texag0928
With Jim Turner and Josh Henson, we saw week-to-week improvement. With Addazio, it's regression. Go money-whip Georgia's o-line coach.

DJ Durkin just stands over there and smiles the entire game. No successful adjustments by him since game one. Get Muschamp!!

I am just numb at this point.
BammerInTX
Excited for next weeks game, hopefully yall lay down for us... Expecting BY9 to be out. Was in cstat for the game last year and it was great talking to ATM fans throughout the game.
fooz
Same talk every week. At this point just go straight to questions.
newbie11
BLSD said:

Relentless pressure the entire game is defense, not 6 blitzes which very few of those being in 3rd or even 4th down situations. We are soft and Durkin is a problem.

The defense is overly conservative just like the offensive play calling. Guess what the common thread is? Jimbo. He's calling the shots. I swear he's simply too arrogant to admit he's wrong and needs help. He'll never win anything at A&M. He'll never agree or acknowledge that he's a big part of the problem therefore can't make the changes necessary. I'm done with this season. It's going to be a painful next couple of years while big money donors figure out how to buy him out. Transfer portal is going to not be our friend this off-season. And recruiting is about to hit the skids. I was hoping we could at least maintain the defensive side but durkin under the direction of jimbo can't play aggressive enough to stop ANYONE. It's sad to say thus but I hope Bama humiliates us. Maybe jimbo will resign.
Aggie1188
BammerInTX said:

Excited for next weeks game, hopefully yall lay down for us... Expecting BY9 to be out. Was in cstat for the game last year and it was great talking to ATM fans throughout the game.
Lmao. Lay down? A worse A&M team coming off 2 losses beat Alabama last year with an even worse QB than we have this year.
Aggie1188
conroeag99 said:

Not today. Right, wouldn't want to take away from a blowout loss to Mike Leach.

But think about it. No better way to stop tu's momentum than the ultimate power play..
momentum? Lol. There are plenty of elite OC's in college football. We don't need goofy Sark who is actually a below-average head coach and beta-male. We need any of the current elite OC's in college football.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.