Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

DISH drops ESPN

10,266 Views | 86 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by justsomeguy
07ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
JR Ewing said:

FuboTV has everything and it is fairly priced for all sports...

Except for TBS, where lots of playoff baseball is
https://ts.la/eric59704
AG81
AG
Email from Sling...

"Dear Valued Customer,

Unfortunately, we were not able to come to a mutual agreement with Disney during our contract renewal. Without a contract, Disney chose to remove their channels from your service.

We apologize as we know this seems sudden. We are also surprised. We believed that we were on track for a new deal until Disney walked away from negotiations late last night. Disney is asking for nearly a billion dollars more for the same channels you are enjoying today. We offered Disney a contract extension to keep working towards an agreement and avoid any interruption to your service. They refused."
sportsfreak1975
Drop Dish and get YouTube TV.
cypress--ag
Definitely Not A Cop said:

Youtubetv. Or Hulu live.

Cable/satellite companies have blackmailed their customers to use the power of the mob to negotiate with their suppliers for too long. F 'em
have you lost your mind - serious question
TexasRebel
AG
Aston04 said:

Watch games at a bar or YouTube TV. Dish and cable aren't worth it.

That bar likely has dish or cable.
cypress--ag
justsomeguy said:

Anyone still with Dish network this is on you. They're the worst company by far.
JD Power's #1 ranked the last 5 years. So there's that.

I was a sling customer till earlier this morning.
justsomeguy
AG
Most bars have directv and there's a reason.
dixichkn
AG
RED III said:

Does FUBO TV still have the ESPN family of channels?
I know Disney owns a large steak in that company.
lunchbox
07ag said:

JR Ewing said:

FuboTV has everything and it is fairly priced for all sports...

Except for TBS, where lots of playoff baseball is
Yeah, I have Fubo and utilize different email addresses to get a free month trial of YTTV during MLB playoffs and March Madness.
74AnimalA
AG
It wasn't really CBS, it was Tegna which OWNed many CBS stations, and I think some Fox stations. But a lot of them were Texas stations.

I recall the CBS Sports app was free during those dark times.
Triple-T
AG
Disney is run by a bunch of pedophiles that hate America.
aglaes
AG
justsomeguy said:

Here's what I do. I have directv at my house. I bring one of my boxes from my patio and set it up. As long as you don't have the genie system, it's no problem. Regardless you can bring you main receiver out there and use it to your heart's content. You get what you pay for. Pay month to month to Dish, then get ready to bend over every 6 months bc they constantly have channels they drop.
So do you have a dish for the DirecTV receiver or are you somehow streaming? If streaming are you using a phone as a hotspot, or exactly how does this work? And as poor as phone service is in College Station on a game day, I'm surprised this would work.
Iowaggie
AG
Just bumping this up to avoid another thread being made at this time for late to game Dish it Skiing users
BrazosDog02
AG
So there is no free option to watch the game that does require a bull**** sub subcription?
Fannie Luddite
AG
Nice that the contract expired on the 1st day of a billing cycle, so you have to pay providers but don't get the service (football) for which you signed up

TXAG 05
AG
BrazosDog02 said:

So there is no free option to watch the game that does require a bull**** sub subcription?

Why should it be free?
justsomeguy
AG
It's worked every year for 13 years taking a box and a satellite on a tripod. So easy

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.