Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

DISH drops ESPN

10,267 Views | 86 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by justsomeguy
Off_The_Wood
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Quick question for those who know: Hulu is a Disney company as far as I know. If I go with them today, am I going to get ESPN?

Yes. I believe Hulu Live also has a trial period if you want to test it out.
drewser95
AG
Moe 92 said:

I just begrudingly signed up for espn+ so I can watch the Ags and other football until this is resolved - which is exactly what Disney wanted me to do.
Might want to double-check. I don't think our games are carried on ESPN+, are they?

Seems like ESPN+ is only good for watching the lower half of the Big12 and Eli Manning punking Penn State.
BTKAG97
AG
Aggie said:

Freaking unbelievable that during college football season paying customers will be without ESPN channels. Looks like great day of college football for us unlucky *******s
Will be a great day when College Football is no longer monopolized by ESPN.
Bag
AG
is dish still a thing?
Enviroag02
AG
YouTube tv 21 day free trial…hopefully this will be resolved by then.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Bag said:

is dish still a thing?
Yes.

Not for long in my house after 25 years.
#FJB
Know Your Enemy
AG
I had Dish for a long time. The last several years there was always some channel missing because of a dispute like this. It was ridiculous. So happy I finally dropped them a while ago.
BrazosDog02
AG
This is all fine and good but I don't have access to anything on there than OTA HD and satellite.

So, does this mean I can't even use my dish credentials to log into espn and stream it through the tv app ?
AG81
AG
Why would a provider negotiate a contract with a sports company that expires in the middle of football season? I get this is about the parent company, Disney, but football season has got to be their most profitable period. Maybe not?
MontanaAg92
BrazosDog02 said:

This is all fine and good but I don't have access to anything on there than OTA HD and satellite.

So, does this mean I can't even use my dish credentials to log into espn and stream it through the tv app ?
Exactly what it means. I tried already and it does not work. Guess I will have to watch on a hacked feed.
jimmo
had to initiate the free trial for Youtube
it's good for 21 days

maybe after that, FUBO or similar might have a trial
BrazosDog02
AG
MontanaAg92 said:

BrazosDog02 said:

Exactly what it means. I tried already and it does not work. Guess I will have to watch on a hacked feed.

They did this shut a while back with KENS5 in San Antonio. I guess that's cbs. I paid for cbs app and made those ****ers give me 15 bucks a month until they had it resolved or I would cancel my account.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
Aggie said:

Unfortunately some of us live in rural area and steaming is not an option… not great internet service

A friend of mine has starlink or whatever Elon Musk is peddling
JimAggie
AG
TXPremiumBoy said:

"Our contract has expired with The Walt Disney Company. Our goal and priority is to reach a fair agreement to bring their channels back as quickly as possible. Visit dishpromise.com for more information and to make your voice heard, call Disney at 818-560-1000."
It's 2022! People still use Dish/Direct TV/cable !?!
oklaunion
jimmo said:

had to initiate the free trial for Youtube
it's good for 21 days

maybe after that, FUBO or similar might have a trial
FUBO has 7 day free trial.
BenTheGoodAg
AG
JimAggie said:

TXPremiumBoy said:

"Our contract has expired with The Walt Disney Company. Our goal and priority is to reach a fair agreement to bring their channels back as quickly as possible. Visit dishpromise.com for more information and to make your voice heard, call Disney at 818-560-1000."
This also affects Sling, which is owned by Dish
_mpaul
AG
Starlink is pretty fantastic.
Paper. An insane deer. Taco meat.
spherical
AG
this always gets resolved. No tv provider can last without Disney- the question is how/if the cost gets passed down to you.

Last year yttv went a few days without espn… either they did a great job negotiating or swallowed the loss and did not pass it down.
aglaes
AG
JimAggie said:

Originally got Dish because I bought a tailgater dish so we could watch games at our tailgates. During COVID year I canceled DISH and was using YouTube. Last year when football season came around I switched back to Dish so I could watch games at our tailgate.

Until someone comes up with a better way to watch games at our tailgate - which ironically now will not be able to anyway, at least the ESPN channels - I don't see a good alternative.
BrazosDog02
AG
Elon musk should figure out how to package starlink with tv service and offer everything. He could put everyone out of business just by grabbing existing customers and picking up all or rural America.
TopoTacos
AG
Moe 92 said:

lessgiraffe said:

Sling makes nearly an identical statement. Anyone have alternative recommendations?

'Cause Sling is owned by Dish and the contract negotiations are tied together.

I just begrudingly signed up for espn+ so I can watch the Ags and other football until this is resolved - which is exactly what Disney wanted me to do. I'm no huge fan of Dish, either. This type of thing seems to happen more and more frequently with them. At some point soon I'll cut the cable, but in reality the live tv streaming services like youtubetv, etc. are subject to the same disputes. Sucks.

You're gonna need to check on that, ESPN+ doesn't provide access to normal ESPN programming. It's a separate pool of content
NowhereMan
The problem is tailgating - Dish is everywhere in the parking lots and we just lost the games.

Dr. Horrible
And already spent hundreds of $$$ on dish equipment. It's not like you can just swap over to directv and use the same stuff.
Moe 92
AG
drewser95 said:

Moe 92 said:

I just begrudingly signed up for espn+ so I can watch the Ags and other football until this is resolved - which is exactly what Disney wanted me to do.
Might want to double-check. I don't think our games are carried on ESPN+, are they?

Seems like ESPN+ is only good for watching the lower half of the Big12 and Eli Manning punking Penn State.

You and others are correct. I found out the hard way (down $10) that ESPN+ does not have live streaming other than pay-per-view. Just signed up for youtube tv free trial - will probably keep that and drop dish. Tired of this bs.
justsomeguy
AG
Anyone still with Dish network this is on you. They're the worst company by far.
aglaes
AG
justsomeguy said:

Anyone still with Dish network this is on you. They're the worst company by far.

Do you tailgate? If so, how do you watch games at your tailgate? Dish has been the best option to get tv at a tailgate for years now. That's really the only reason I have Dish. If someone knows of a better or equivalent affordable option let me know.
greg.w.h
AG
drewser95 said:

Moe 92 said:

Ine non-conf home football game per year is simulcast on both SECN/SECN+ and ESPN+ for each school.
dixichkn
AG
PaulTony said:

The problem is tailgating - Dish is everywhere in the parking lots and we just lost the games.

And don't think Disney doesn't know this. They're the worst kind of feces. In regards to just about everything. Trust me, they're the ones initiating this. Not the carrier. Those of you screaming at Dish, you're barking up the wrong tree. Yell at the GD Mouse
justsomeguy
AG
Directv my man. I can get a directv stream up and running at a tailgate in under 5 minutes.
Dr. Horrible
justsomeguy said:

Directv my man. I can get a directv stream up and running at a tailgate in under 5 minutes.
Dont you have to have an annual contract for that? Dish let's you pay month by month to use it, which is amazing for this crappy scheduled football season because you only have to pay for 2 months.
dixichkn
AG
DirecTV stream is month to month
justsomeguy
AG
Here's what I do. I have directv at my house. I bring one of my boxes from my patio and set it up. As long as you don't have the genie system, it's no problem. Regardless you can bring you main receiver out there and use it to your heart's content. You get what you pay for. Pay month to month to Dish, then get ready to bend over every 6 months bc they constantly have channels they drop.
Iowaggie
AG
dixichkn said:

PaulTony said:

And don't think Disney doesn't know this. They're the worst kind of feces. In regards to just about everything. Trust me, they're the ones initiating this. Not the carrier. Those of you screaming at Dish, you're barking up the wrong tree. Yell at the GD Mouse

Yeah, I actually side with Dish, not that I'd use them or Sling anymore. Disney is raising the prices of their parks, Disney Plus and all their carrier rates.

I think Dish is the first carrier to deal with this but not the last.
spherical
AG
BrazosDog02 said:

Elon musk should figure out how to package starlink with tv service and offer everything. He could put everyone out of business just by grabbing existing customers and picking up all or rural America.

But at 500 + a month for sat, shouldn't a bunch of neighbors get together and pay the closest service provider to run lines?

I think starlink is great ftr
TylerAg98
AG
Does FUBO TV still have the ESPN family of channels?
I know Disney owns a large steak in that company.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.