Story Poster
Texas A&M Football

The Film Room: Texas A&M 23, Arkansas 21

September 28, 2022

Each week, former Texas A&M quarterback Stephen McGee breaks down key offensive plays from the previous game. This week, Stephen takes a closer look at the Xs and Os of the Aggies' 21-23 win over Arkansas at AT&T Stadium in Arlington.

Discussion from...

The Film Room: Texas A&M 23, Arkansas 21

3,729 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Cotton79
Gabe Bock
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Fun times as always. What was your favorite play that we broke down?

My top moment was "Granny's Apple Pie!"

Enjoy!
AgBQ-00
AG
Maximus Johnson FTW
tk111
SECTAMU#1
TD pass to Stewart
Frank Grimes
AG
Great work as always. It seems to me that some of the QB dropback timing was affected negatively by low snaps.
Cotton79
AG
Good work, guys. Seriously, there are folks at SEC Network, ESPN, and even the NFL networks, too, who could learn a thing or two - or twenty! - from y'all. Seriously, Gabe and Stephen are THAT good at this analysis.

I see Max Johnson and his WRs in military terms. For these past two games, they have been calibrating with spotting rounds; now, it's time to Fire For Effect! To wit, I think Max and Moose are gonna hit that big one that they juuuuuuusst missed in the Arky game. Same goes for the other WRs. They all have enough seat-time with Max such that collectively they will be a force to reckon with.

Obviously, continued coordination and communication with the big fellas up front is critical, and Bryce Foster is poised to finally get fully transitioned into football shape to lead the big uglies in just such a fashion. Achane is... well... Achane. He's got TDs in his DNA.

I really do think we are gonna see a much more cohesive offensive effort at Starkville... just in time for the Bama game. DJ Durkin is going to be challenged by Mike Leach's wicked pirate stuff, but we're more than capable of handling the Bulldogs. And yeah... I think we have more than a cow puncher's chance of walking away with another win over the Crimson Tide, too, but - here it comes! - one game at a time, baby!

Gig'em, Aggies!
Beat the HELL Outta Mississippi State!!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.