Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Kendall Briles Is Not SEC worthy

6,043 Views | 33 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by SilverTongueDevil
NowhereMan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The gimmick plays were blown up.
Constantly running Jumbo the QB failed in fatigue
He'd be smart to head back to the skinny jeans conference.
2008and1
AG
Those back to back gimmick plays when they were up 14-0 and driving easy on us were our savior last night. They easily could have gone up 21-0 and got us reeling.
maroonthrunthru
Thought the same thing… It was as if he KNEW Pig was going to win, so he wanted to "gadget" us for the cameras to feed his ego…

Like a cat playing with an injured mouse…
greg.w.h
AG
PaulTony said:

The gimmick plays were blown up.
Constantly running Jumbo the QB failed in fatigue
He'd be smart to head back to the skinny jeans conference.
So we are going to hire him to appease our know nothing fans???
Emilio Fantastico
AG
Briles is notorious for being really good at the beginning of games and then not finishing.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
arky likely wins that game if briles wasnt trying to be an offensive mastermind. Just run the ball.
The Collective
AG
Loved watching the Mickey Mouse bull**** blow up.
Kozmozag
Arkie made the biggest mistakes last night.
terata
AG
Good point, Ragnar. The arkansas offense did a good job of running through the Aggie defense, by and large.
We won, and I'm ecstatic, but there are many areas that need more work starting with the AGGIE defense coaching staff.
Artorias
AG
Did Briles call for Jefferson to take a flying leap from the 4 yard line?
The Collective
AG
terata said:

Good point, Ragnar. The arkansas offense did a good job of running through the Aggie defense, by and large.
We won, and I'm ecstatic, but there are many areas that need more work starting with the AGGIE defense coaching staff.

3 games now where we seemingly struggle, but the points allowed are solid. Think this is probably what we are.
NumeroUno
AG
Who said we should hire him? Same class as our OC though, not very good.
BigOil
AG
Artorias said:

No, but that double pass call was a head scratcher while they were dozing us most of the game.
Artorias
AG
BigOil said:

Artorias said:

No, but that double pass call was a head scratcher while they were dozing us most of the game.
True
Madmarttigan
AG
The fact they stopped leaning on QB runs was mind boggling. Our defense seemed clueless about it even when the whole stadium knew what was happening.
Pro Ag
AG
2008and1 said:

Those back to back gimmick plays when they were up 14-0 and driving easy on us were our savior last night. They easily could have gone up 21-0 and got us reeling.

Not enough folks are talking about this. If Arky did what they did on the first two drives the game is different.
Ian Neff
AG
Absolutely right. Their idiocy in play calling almost negated our impossibly stupid penalties.
The Debt
Madmarttigan said:

The fact they stopped leaning on QB runs was mind boggling. Our defense seemed clueless about it even when the whole stadium knew what was happening.

Do you really want your QB taking licks all night? In the 4th game of the year? Versus one of the strongest Ds in the SEC?

Ffs, you would destroy your offense on purpose...maybe Jimbo should hire you as OC.
PyriteAg
AG
His offense lost to a team that lost to App State.
cevans_40
AG
OP obviously doesn't realize that's a modern offense that is not too complex for the players.
wcb
AG
Pretty sure he called the doink to lose the game. [sigh]

Questionable calling, maybe, but this loss (and our good fortune) came down to a know executioner blowing a kick. KB set them up for the win and the final execution failed.
cevans_40
AG
wcb said:

Questionable calling, maybe, but this loss (and our good fortune) came down to a know executioner blowing a kick. KB set them up for the win and the final execution failed.

Lol. His goal was to score a touchdown and he failed. Outcoached by Jimbo/Durkin
cevans_40
AG
Emilio Fantastico said:

Briles is notorious for being really good at the beginning of games and then not finishing.

While our offense did the exact opposite.
Citizen Reign
wcb said:

So you are 100% positive that Achane doesn't score to win the game?

TXAGBQ76
AG
Wait, what? The TexAgs experts on here have been clamoring for Jimbo to hire Broyles as the OC. Based on that, sounds like the experts on here think he is.
cupcakesprinkles
AG
Bridles offense relies on the run to setup the big pass play that gives them the gaudy offensive stats. Last year they torched us with it but this year they did not. I didn't like seeing them gash us with the run this year but we didn't give up the explosive TD which seemed to be a big point of emphasis on the gameplan.
BTHOB-98
Ragnar Danneskjoldd said:

arky likely wins that game if briles wasnt trying to be an offensive mastermind. Just run the ball.

This.
SilverTongueDevil
Bigsexxy96 said:

I would hand our offense over to him immediately if that was possible. It's a yuge improvement over what we have.
Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser. Vince Lombardi
Aggieair
Kendal Briles isn't college football worthy after the **** that he and his father oversaw at Baylor.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
When he called the stupid gimmick play, the offense said no, but Briles just kept on.
cevans_40
AG
SilverTongueDevil said:

Bigsexxy96 said:

I would hand our offense over to him immediately if that was possible. It's a yuge improvement over what we have.

Yet not good enough to win with a much more experienced OL and QB. Also has a 5* transfer receiver that he couldn't get the ball to. I will take the W and with the OC you deem to be inferior (with all of your football wisdom).
CrottyKid
AG
My dad and I call it Offensive Coordinator Disease. All OCs seem to have it. The primary symptom is the irresistible urge to prove that you are the smartest guy in the building.

3rd and goal on the 1 yard line? Been gaining 5 yards per carry the whole game?
The opponent must know we are going to run the ball. Therefore, to outsmart them, we'll throw a fade into the back corner of the endzone. That'll show everyone how much smarter I am than those dumb defensive coaches on the other sideline.
Padre_Island_Ag
AG
Briles is ready to be the head coach of the Colorado Buffalos

Let's go Brandon!

Soli Deo Gloria
SilverTongueDevil
cevans_40 said:

SilverTongueDevil said:

Bigsexxy96 said:

Yet not good enough to win with a much more experienced OL and QB. Also has a 5* transfer receiver that he couldn't get the ball to. I will take the W and with the OC you deem to be inferior (with all of your football wisdom).

Just my opinion. I'd rather have a young, innovative OC that maybe gets too cute with play calling than an outdated OC whose play calling is equally maddening.
I also pay attention to things like getting delay penalties coming out of timeouts, numerous offensive penalties and obvious disorganized chaos.
Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser. Vince Lombardi
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.