Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Zach Calzada news

11,090 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by EliteZags
Truman2001
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BREAKING

Per sources, Auburn QB Zach Calzada will schedule surgery on non-throwing shoulder, apply for medical redshirt, miss remainder of the season, and is unlikely to dress on Saturday
northeastag
AG
Feel bad for the guy. He really did his best for us last year.
AgBQ-00
AG
Is that the second surgery on that same shoulder?
Emilio Fantastico
AG
Sounds like it. And the ironic part is Auburn was the team that hurt it.
MH22
This is actually a win for him, he gets to save his last year of eligibility and likely transfer somewhere to play for one more year and finish his masters, or get his last season under a new coaching staff.
_mpaul
AG
I still think Calzada can be a very good college QB. Ton of arm talent. Just needs more reps and a mental breakthrough. Best of luck to him.
Paper. An insane deer. Taco meat.
The Collective
AG
All of a sudden, Auburn is razor thin at QB.
Ag Tag
I wish he'd transferred to a better environment than that which Auburn has going on at present.
Paul Dirac
They should make a movie about the Alabama game.
BadMoonRisin
AG
I hope for the best for Zach. Good luck, buddy. Hopefully he balls out against every squad he faces except for Texas A&M.
SilverTongueDevil
Would have been wiser to transfer to program like SMU, Tulsa, UH etc. He likely would have started right away.
Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser. Vince Lombardi
fightintxaggie10
AG
Calzada is gonna be at another school next year. Book it.
ccolley68
AG
SilverTongueDevil said:

Would have been wiser to transfer to program like SMU, Tulsa, UH etc. He likely would have started right away.

SMU has a former 4* OU transfer as their starter right now, a top 100 recruit who actually signed with them straight out of high school as the backup, and have put their last 3 QB's into the NFL. I think they are just fine without Calzada.
AWP 97
AG
Truman2001 said:

BREAKING

Per sources, Auburn QB Zach Calzada will schedule surgery on non-throwing shoulder, apply for medical redshirt, miss remainder of the season, and is unlikely to dress on Saturday

Apply for a medical redshirt? He's going to be another guy trying in year 6 to prove that he is a good college player. I guess I can't blame him. That sounds more fun then getting a real job.
90ags
SilverTongueDevil said:

While I get the point (find that school to be the starter), not sure he would have beat out Mordecai at SMU or Tune at UH (very experienced and took them far last season). Both use the QB scramble a bit more the ZC would have been able to handle due to health of shoulders.
______________________________________________________ Play for the name on the front of your jersey, not the back...
TyperWoods
Wishing Zack the best.
frenchtoast
Best of luck to him!
EliteZags
AG
MH22 said:

This is actually a win for him, he gets to save his last year of eligibility and likely transfer somewhere to play for one more year and finish his masters, or get his last season under a new coaching staff.
last year of eligibility? freshman rs + covid yr + med rs = 2-3 years left?
aggiejim70
AG
I was wondering the same thing. Wasn't he a fish in 18? With the covid extra year and a medical redshirt would he have two more years of eligibility after this one?
The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
Law Hall 69-72
AG
Paul Dirac said:

They should make a movie about the Alabama game.
I don't think Hollywood wants anything to do with the SEC. Now if had been Notre Dame that pulled the upset...
Deputy Travis Junior
_mpaul said:

I still think Calzada can be a very good college QB. Ton of arm talent. Just needs more reps and a mental breakthrough. Best of luck to him.

How can you watch the major accuracy issues that have plagued him his entire career (going back to high school) and conclude this? He's got a strong arm but he's far too inaccurate to ever be good.
PyriteAg
AG
SilverTongueDevil said:

He would've had to sit out anyway because of the injury.
EliteZags
AG
aggiejim70 said:

I was wondering the same thing. Wasn't he a fish in 18? With the covid extra year and a medical redshirt would he have two more years of eligibility after this one?
2019 was his true freshman year that he was able to redshirt in
DSAG
The kid has some physical tools.
All the best to him .
StinkyPinky
AG
DSAG said:

The kid has some physical tools.
All the best to him .
He does. Needs to work on his mental game/comfort in the pocket and learn to balance his throws with touch when needed. Otherwise he has the physical tools and the drive to be good.
SilverTongueDevil
90ags said:

SilverTongueDevil said:

While I get the point (find that school to be the starter), not sure he would have beat out Mordecai at SMU or Tune at UH (very experienced and took them far last season). Both use the QB scramble a bit more the ZC would have been able to handle due to health of shoulders.

I was just picking 3 mid majors and they probably were not good examples. Maybe Texas St, UTEP, ULM?
Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser. Vince Lombardi
Onionman
Deputy Travis Junior said:

_mpaul said:

How can you watch the major accuracy issues that have plagued him his entire career (going back to high school) and conclude this? He's got a strong arm but he's far too inaccurate to ever be good.
That's what they said about this guy...

Houstonag
AG
I like Zach and appreciate what he did last year. He has some talent and I wish him the best.
W
AG
he'll always have Bama
Bill Superman
AG
We don't beat Bama last season without Calzada.

We also don't get this

_mpaul
AG
Deputy Travis Junior said:

_mpaul said:

Because I think his problem is between the ears, and I think that's fixable.

I think it was Mike Leach who said you either want a really smart QB or a really dumb one. The ones in the middle tend to think too much and get in their own mental way.
Paper. An insane deer. Taco meat.
GrayMatter
AG
The kid has heart and has an Alabama win on his resume. He can go wherever he wants and do well.

Best of luck to him on his surgery and recovery.
Ag Tag
_mpaul said:

I think it was Mike Leach who said you either want a really smart QB or a really dumb one. The ones in the middle tend to think too much and get in their own mental way.
LOL, I'd want a QB who's a world-class dumbass!
alamogeorge
AG
One thing that we can't ever say about his is that he wasn't a tough SOB.
"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Aggieland!" -Davy Crockett
Aggies2009
AG
alamogeorge said:

One thing that we can't ever say about his is that he wasn't a tough SOB.

Ish? It didn't take much for him to go into full meltdown on social media and transfer away….
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.