Story Poster
Texas A&M Football Recruiting

2023 Ramsey (NJ) Don Bosco Prep OL Chase Bisontis commits to Texas A&M

July 24, 2022

Jimbo Fisher and Texas A&M have made winning in the trenches a top priority so the big boys up front are always a must-get on the recruiting front. On Sunday, the Aggies added a huge piece to the 2023 recruiting puzzle when Ramsey (NJ) Don Bosco Prep OL Chase Bisontis‍ announced his college choice.

At 6-foot-5, 290-pounds, Bisontis has established himself as one of the nation’s top offensive linemen. He mixes a strong blend of toughness and athleticism in the trenches, and it quickly made him a top priority for Texas A&M and others.

Bisontis’ size and skill set allow him to play several positions up and down the line, and coach Steve Addazio did not mince words when presenting his plans for Bisontis at Texas A&M.

“I love coach Addazio’s approach on it,” Bisontis said following his visit. “I can’t say too much about playing time, but he sees me as a guard. But what I really loved that he mentioned is he’s going to coach me at all five positions because that’s what makes you a higher draft pick for the NFL, so hopefully, I can get there one day. So I love that. I see myself as a true guard, but now that he said he’s going to coach me at all five. It makes me feel real comfortable.”

Bisontis chose the Aggies over fellow finalists LSU, Georgia, Michigan State and Rutgers, and after visiting Texas A&M for the first time in June, he knew several aspects of the Aggie program had his attention.

“No. 1 the SEC. The SEC is arguably the best conference, so playing in that would make me a lot better,” Bisontis said. “Having the great recruiting class last year, practice is going to make me a lot better. Then hopefully, I feel like Texas A&M can compete for a national championship, so that would be awesome if I could too.”

With his commitment, Bisontis becomes the sixth member of Texas A&M’s 2023 recruiting class, and he joins Colton Thomasson‍ on the offensive front. Addazio led Texas A&M’s recruiting efforts for Bisontis.

We’ll have more for our premium subscribers shortly.

More coverage

Discussion from...

2023 Ramsey (NJ) Don Bosco Prep OL Chase Bisontis commits to Texas A&M

11,735 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by ontheway
merch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Nice! Welcome young man!!!
Cliff89
Whoop! Keep adding them on!
Ag86Hotard109
AG
Colton Thomasson working behind the scenes on that 2023 class. Gonna be some big boys in the trenches.
AgBQ-00
AG
Whoop! Welcome to Aggieland!
Leander - Ag
redjalapeno-87
Maroon Goons!
whatthehey78
TexasLeaguer
AG
Big pick up!
Russ Dalrymple
AG
Reading his comments, he sees the big picture.

Getting coached by Addazio, going against last years DL class to help make himself better…impressive young man.
TAMU74
AG
Welcome aboard Chase.
La Vernia_Ag06
Houstonag
AG
Welcome to Aggieland. You have chosen well for you will be at a great university which you will be proud to be associated with your entire life.
Maroon Flash
AG
Boom!
Maroon Flash
Fannie Luddite
AG
Helluva pick up!
sharpdressedman
Great addition to the class!
Cojack
Great addition!
TAM85
ontheway
AG
Welcome to Aggieland
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.