Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

For the rational thinkers, re alignment

2,768 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by 20ag07
20ag07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If you dial it back 12 months. We leaked the TX/OU thing, bc we were mad.

Changed nothing, but complicated things.

Us leaking caused the kibosh of the CFP expansion. Not in our best interest.

Our freakout, literally caused the Big10 and ACC to freak out. On no uncertain terms. Which, let's not pretend the Big10 has ever been rational, all the rest of us had to fight and lead the way to get the 2020 season played.

Today, 12 months later (after a lot of BS about Alliances from the aforementioned things), SEC and Big10 are in an undocumented Alliance of aligned interests of moving things forward.

So if what you know now, if you could tell Brent and whoever leaked it to him, to be quiet, which would have pushed the playoff through. Would you? Or would you rather us pitch the fit, end up in the same place, which likely in no way would have changed the outcome, but slowed down all the playoff expansion?

Or, option c, pitch the fit and assumed it might actually change the things? (While still being labeled as fit pitchers)
Charlie 31
AG
Wait....who leaked the news???
CrottyKid
AG
No Ag Tag.
33 with the followup question.
Troll troll troll your boat.
Raptor
AG
Franchione, you've got to stop these Friday night binge drinking and posting sessions.
This post is for Cretaceous Level Subscribers only.

The Dog Lord
AG
You think the leak caused panic from other conferences and not the actual move by OU and tu? The announcement was still going to be a complete shock to everyone, it just got leaked a little sooner than planned by the conference.
merch
So we were mad. Then freaked out. Then voted yes?

This is so confusing.

I would still vote no to playoff expansion but that is just me voting my own self interest…trying to keep college ball as close to what it is right now…trying to slow its ultimate collapse. It's collapse is coming, I'd just be doing all I could to delay the inevitable…get as many years of enjoyment out of what's left as I can.
My Name Is Judge
Only winners in any of this is pedo mouse & the murdochs

College football fans all get the shaft on this deal
Ag Tag
A Four Corners Conference might work: Teams from the northwest, like Oregon and Washington, plus teams from the northeast, like Penn State, Syracuse, and Rutgers, then add the extreme southeast with Florida, Florida State, and Miami, and then include some from the southwest, such as Arizona, Arizona State.

If more schools are needed, Oregon State, Washington State, Pitt, Boston College, Central Florida, and Hawaii could be included.

And maybe even a Canadian and a Mexican university could be in the mix.
rootube
AG
Ag Tag said:

A Four Corners Conference might work: Teams from the northwest, like Oregon and Washington, plus teams from the northeast, like Penn State, Syracuse, and Rutgers, then add the extreme southeast with Florida, Florida State, and Miami, and then include some from the southwest, such as Arizona, Arizona State.

If more schools are needed, Oregon State, Washington State, Pitt, Boston College, Central Florida, and Hawaii could be included.

I think we just learned that geography is irrelevant to the conversation
JBGoode
AG
rootube said:

I think we just learned that geography is irrelevant to the conversation

Let the B1G be the conference with scattered geography. The SEC doesn't need to be.
Iowaggie
AG
Ag Tag said:

This post has me questioning how we could get a BINGO out of 5 universities, diagonally. Only able to choose 1 university per state per division

Vertical division:
LSU, Arkansas, Missouri, Iowa Minnesota

Horizontal division:
Ole Miss, Bama, Georgia Clemson, NC State

Diagonal East division:
Syracuse, Penn State, WV, Kentucky, Vanderbilt

Diagonal West
Arizona, Colorado, Nebraska, Iowa State, Wisconsin

Hopefully this was the type of rational discussion OP requested.

20ag07
Quote:

Let the B1G be the conference with scattered geography. The SEC doesn't need to be.
You considered us, Florida, Georgia, and South Carolina regional?

Just like us and Iowa before?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.