Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

tu's wishlist

14,456 Views | 76 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Emilio Fantastico
Whaler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So, tu has always thought they align better with schools in the Big10 than the SEC. I suspect the Big10 talked to tu (and maybe A&M) about joining USC and UCLA in the Big10. Travel and tu's biggest rivals being in the SEC probably make the SEC more attractive for tu, overall. Otherwise, tu would be gone to the Big10.

But, being that tu never lets an opportunity of leverage go to waste, I suspect its likely that tu is or has tried to leverage the Big10's interest into bargaining with Snakey for:

the scheduling structure tu desires (pods, permanent opponents, etc.)
the time slots tu plays in (minimum number of prime time games?)
what else...

I hope this isn't the case. But tu has a LONG history of making deals behind the scene. We can't trust Snakey either...

"Son, you've obviously been concentrating too much on one subject!" -- Shelby Metcalf to a basketball player upon reviewing his official grade report containing one "D" and the rest "F's"
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Absolutely. They are and always have been a bad business partner that seeks to continually leverage for themselves at the expense of anyone and everyone else. I'd be shocked if someone from their AD hasn't been in contact with B1G and Sankey this week trying to explore better deals.
aggiehawg
AG
It would serve the Sooners right if the sips skipped off to the B1G and left them in the lurch.

Hope it happens.
Madman
AG
OU could bring the ginger kid with them, what's their name again? Okie tard or something like that.
Showstopper
AG
Nobody wants OU enough to take Okie State (except PAC 12 probably regrets passing on that package ten years ago).
AG
tu's wishlist:

franzbennett
Bob Knights Liver said:

Absolutely. They are and always have been a bad business partner that seeks to continually leverage for themselves at the expense of anyone and everyone else. I'd be shocked if someone from their AD hasn't been in contact with B1G and Sankey this week trying to explore better deals.
Isn't that called capitalism?
WC94
AG
franzbennett said:

Bob Knights Liver said:

Pharma Bro' Martin Shkreli released from prison Shkreli, a former pharmaceutical executive known for raising the price of a life-saving drug by 5,000%.

This is Capitalism, it's also being a massive diiick, which sips have down to a science.

Bill Superman
AG
Sip has no leverage. The SEC does not need sip by any means. Hopefully they leverage their way to the big10.
Bryanisbest
AG
They have already used Sankey to screw us when they got him to let them into SEC without our knowledge thereby violating the Slive oral agreement with us. Sankey therefore will continue to screw us time and time again with impunity. Get out the vasoline folks or get rid of Sankey. Maybe it's us that should be thinking about the Big 10.
91AggieLawyer
AG
In 2010, the deal was in place for t.u., us, and Mizzou to go to the Big 10. We were willing, Mizzou was all over themselves to do it, and t.u. was holding out. They wanted more control, or it was that and the sip network was causing some fuss. Either way, it was a package deal and once t.u. said no, the deal fell through. I think that was the last straw and what led us to the SEC.

Most in the Big 10 office thought that deal was done. The Mizzou president burned up his phone budget trying to get t.u. to reconsider. Anyway, while things HAVE definitely changed over the last (almost) decade and a half, t.u. still wants what it can't have. They'll never be happy.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
franzbennett said:

Bob Knights Liver said:

Sure, but screwing over partners makes them not want to work with you anymore. So why would you sign up to be the next partner that gets screwed over?

In an industry where you die without good partners and with limited availability of partners that help elevate your brand, you eventually run out of marks.
levypantsEOY
Bill Superman said:

Sip has no leverage. The SEC does not need sip by any means. Hopefully they leverage their way to the big10.

Bad take. Not sure SEC "needs" sip (what does that mean?) but they absolutely want them, as evidenced by their, ya know, taking them.
JBGoode
AG
I see we still have PTSD from DeLoss, in addition to still crediting DeLoss' rhetoric to tu. They wouldn't be coming to the SEC if they didn't want to, and just as Del Conte is a little less vociferous than DeLoss, I would suspect their perspectives are less abrasive as well.
12thMan9
AG
Bryanisbest said:

They have already used Sankey to screw us when they got him to let them into SEC without our knowledge thereby violating the Slive oral agreement with us. Sankey therefore will continue to screw us time and time again with impunity. Get out the vasoline folks or get rid of Sankey. Maybe it's us that should be thinking about the Big 10.

Quick, name all the places the A&M students will road trip to to watch a game in the Big ten.
Bockaneer
AG
Why not keep 0u and let tu and mizzou join the B1G? everybody wins!
Sterling82
Nothing would please me more than for tu to make a last minute change to the B10 leaving Sankey to look like the fool he is.
aggiehawg
AG
Sterling82 said:

Nothing would please me more than for tu to make a last minute change to the B10 leaving Sankey to look like the fool he is.
And that may be where Notre Dame comes into play. The B1G looks at ND and Texas for their last two?

As opposed to another one or two PAC schools?

Pass the popcorn.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I can take or leave OU, but if tu goes elsewhere that would be wonderful for everyone in the SEC. It would also be great to hear OSU and Michigan fans *****ing about tsips 5 years from now.
Jimbo4win
AG
We need to win a national championship this year and next year. Should be easy!
GIF Reactor
AG
aggiehawg said:

Sterling82 said:

And that may be where Notre Dame comes into play. The B1G looks at ND and Texas for their last two?

Pass the popcorn.
ND, tu, Mizzou, and Kansas to the B10 to get to 20 teams (I think, losing count now).

Clemson, FSU, NC State, Miami to SEC. 2 more teams to get to 20 are more difficult in my mind...Okie State, Louisville, Georgia Tech, Virginia?
GIF Reactor
AG
Electrical_Ag said:

aggiehawg said:

Sterling82 said:

Pass the popcorn.
ND, tu, Mizzou, and Kansas to the B10 to get to 20 teams (I think, losing count now).

Clemson, FSU, NC State, Miami to SEC. 2 more teams to get to 20 are more difficult in my mind...Okie State, Louisville, Georgia Tech, Virginia?
Should have been UNC and VaTech.
moldaggie
Does anyone know if tu has already signed the sec contract, and if that contract states tu can't bolt before 2025?
Bottlehead90
AG
How much control do the individual teams or conferences really have? They are all chasing big tv money contracts, so that puts espn/abc and fox in control. Unless more bidders show up (nbc, cbs, Amazon, apple, who ever) then espn/abc and fox sets market value on tv content. And they decide ou and tu will join the SEC and cancel the LHN and usc and ucla join the B1G.
ESPN could tell the big12 to let ou and tu start the SEC in 2024 and not pay any exit fees if you want us to be favorable to you on your next tv contract and then it will happen.
Who is really in control?

aggiehawg
AG
Electrical_Ag said:

aggiehawg said:

Sterling82 said:

Pass the popcorn.

Much like the SEC doesn't need more programs from Texas, nor do they need three schools from Florida. Going over already plowed ground.

Expansion just for expansion's sake is not a smart strategy.
Bill Superman
AG
levypantsEOY said:

Bill Superman said:

Bad take. Not sure SEC "needs" sip (what does that mean?) but they absolutely want them, as evidenced by their, ya know, taking them.
Worse take. I know you feel wanted, but you have no leverage.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Jimbo4win said:

We need to win a national championship this year and next year. Should be easy!

Let's get two over the next decade. That seems doable.
cupofjoe04
AG
aggiehawg said:

It would serve the Sooners right if the sips skipped off to the B1G and left them in the lurch.

Hope it happens.

That would be the absolute best thing in the world. So many tears to relish in.
annie88
AG

Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FJB TRUMP 2024.
20ag07
Quote:

Much like the SEC doesn't need more programs from Texas, nor do they need three schools from Florida. Going over already plowed ground.

In 2011 it was territories, for cable fees on new networks.

That's gone.

In 2022+ it's best/most entertaining matchups to sell total packages directly.

You have to be smart enough to recognize this landscape, right?

If the SEC can replace A&M/App State, Sam Houston, UMass, with better matchups. We do it, the whole league does it. ESPN can better sell streaming packages. The athletic department will sell more season ticket package.

That's where all the math is going. No one would raise their hand for expansion if they didn't at least feel pretty confident the math they were being told got them there.

Look at the newest Big 10 math. Those numbers were already big, got bigger.

And the SEC is fortunate to be one of 2 leagues that has leverage. Apple/Netflix/Amazon would bid overly competivelh to get in that business. ESPN won't let them win it.

So any expansion math will make sense, at least on this next deal, before we move on to whatever the next phase/ players ends up being.

Hurt feelings and bad business partners and all that ain't in play on this one. And that should be very easy to recognize.
dixichkn
AG
Quote:

If only this logic would have been applied a year ago…
20ag07
Quote:

If only this logic would have been applied a year ago…
But what about 11 years ago. When the SEC expanded the last time, for exactly expansion's sake, to get more money from a Texas footprint. That now operates differently.

So is the "logic" selectional, based on the hurt feelings?

Or is the "logic" supposed to be actually logical considering all the things?

"A&M is great, super awesome, on field wasn't really , but we knew it was coming, that's why they wanted them. Great business partners."

So we're considering that the logic on the last move, and today is not logical?
yeshellyes
AG
aggiehawg said:

Sterling82 said:

Plenty of time for this to happen. Hope springs eternal.

Pass the popcorn.
yeshellyes
AG
Plenty of time for this to happen!
bv86ag
AG
There's no way t.u. is going to leave the best football and baseball conference in college.
Even if they get their brains beat out the first few years...the additional revenue and exposure of a powerful SEC will keep them in place.
Besides...t.u. would rather get pounded by Bama or Georgia each year than getting humiliated by Kansas or Rutgers or Maryland each year. (Assuming Kansas joins the B1G).
We as alumni just need to keep pounding the drum on social media and constantly warning the other SEC members about the crooked nature of t.u.
Everyone has to monitor them constantly...and monitor Snakey.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.