Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

PREDICTION: In the future, there will be ONE Big Super-Conference.

1,463 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by TXAggie2011
infinity ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
All schools will be part of it. Then they will fight and break up and become smaller conferences again. Then unite into one superconference all over again.

Just like millions of years ago, we had ONE big continent called Pangaea. Then it broke up into our current continents.

rootube
AG
SWC is just sitting there playing the long game waiting for the chickens to come home to roost.
Madman
AG
If a super conference has divisions then nothing has changed except the number of participants.
Bad Poster
I watched a video back in 2011 when there was rumors of us going to a&m and stuff going on and I remember watching a youtube video of basically describing what was going to happen and he's basically predicted all og this so far and concluded the conferences would all divide into divisions and basically our division would be similar to the SWC. Wish i could find that video again
Alpha Texan
AG
I don't know about a superconference, but this is quickly sending us into the separatiton of NCAA and College Football. As I saw someone else post in another thread, sports not named football either can't afford to travel so much, or they will at least lose all profit they currently have. There will be a separate football league probably looking like a mix of our current CFB landscape and the NFL's.

NCAA sports will return to more regionalized competition. I would love to have a baseball/basketball conference with A&M, TCU, tu, Baylor, Tech, UH, tx st, LSU, Tulane, La Tech, Ark St, OU, OK St. As Someone who just became interested in sports around the time we went to the SEC, I can say The rivalries of such a regional conference would be unreal. I've been around JUCO baseball which is super regional and love how heated things get between kids who have been playing with and against each other since they were 10 years old. I LOVE seeing kids matching up for the 40th time in their lives and how wild they get.
sincereag
This all started when Arky broke away from the SWC. Who would have ever thought it would evolve into these huge un-regionalized mega conferences. College sports has become such a huge business now and the TV money drives everything and it's way out of whack if you ask me.
Athanasius
AG
We could call it the "National Football League"!
The Chicken Ranch
AG
I disagree. This all started when we were forced to leave the SIAA, eons ago, and join the SWC!

We are now just simply putting the SIAA back together.
aggiehawg
AG
sincereag said:

This all started when Arky broke away from the SWC. Who would have ever thought it would evolve into these huge un-regionalized mega conferences. College sports has become such a huge business now and the TV money drives everything and it's way out of whack if you ask me.
SWC was already a dead man walking when Arkansas saw an opening and took it. Then SEC commish Kramer was angling for a conference championship game and needed to get to 12 member schools to do it.
knoxtom
In the future football teams will be in one conference and all other sports will be in another. Makes perfect sense for football to be national conferences. Makes zero sense for water polo to be national
HECUBUS
AG
When everyone is in a super conference, no one will be in a super conference. -Syndrome

Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered. -Not Mark Cuban
Iowaggie
AG
Athanasius said:

the Nation's Conference Athletic Alliance, but we'll just call it the NCAA.

Then after a year in the Nation's Conference, everyone will complain about it.
Charlie 31
AG
rootube said:

SWC is just sitting there playing the long game waiting for the chickens to come home to roost.
infinity ag
Charlie 31 said:

rootube said:

I see boobs (s@ggy though).
TXAggie2011
AG
Athanasius said:

Nationwide College Athletics Association
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.