Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Predict the fates of Baylor and Tech

16,692 Views | 112 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Bottlehead90
BenFiasco14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I feel like they're both gonna get hosed and left in the cold. And I can't wait for it.

What happens to them? Relegated to a G5 level conference and forever irrelevant?
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Ag Tag
Maybe they'll remain in the BDF and it'll become something similar to CUSA or the Sun Belt Conference.
Bill Superman
AG
They gone.
Sterling82
I hope they find a way to flourish. Why should I wish to see fewer opportunities for high school athletes to compete at a high level in college?
HoustonAg2021
The big 12 will like poach the Arizona schools along with Utah and Colorado. If y'all don't see that with tech, Kansas, Arizona, Baylor, UH, etc that they will become the best basketball conference idk what to say. They aren't going anywhere.
Matsui
AG
This
Marcus Brutus
It would make sense .
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
BigDave21 said:

The big 12 will like poach the Arizona schools along with Utah and Colorado. If y'all don't see that with tech, Kansas, Arizona, Baylor, UH, etc that they will become the best basketball conference idk what to say. They aren't going anywhere.

although i agree with ur conclusion i can assure you basketball is not driving the bus in any expansion.
vander54
S
Big 12 will take on some of the Pac 12 schools and be stronger.
World's worst proofreader
Aggieair
vander54 said:

Yeah, a lot of people on here don't realize the tables have flipped from what they were last year. The Pac-12 is the beggar, and the Big-12 is the chooser. Schools like Oregon State and Cal should be the ones that are worried.

Also, I'm looking forward to the sequel of this:

The Lost
Detmersdislocatedshoulder said:

BigDave21 said:

although i agree with ur conclusion i can assure you basketball is not driving the bus in any expansion.

No but it will keep it alive, until ku and an Arizona school is poached.
HoustonAg2021

BigDave21 said:

Fair enough; it probably wasn't. But... This will be more than enough to keep them operating. Is it SEC of BIG 10 In terms of fanbases and views? Absolutely not. Is is enough to keep them afloat and still win some titles (probably basketball and maybe sometimes baseball)? Absolutely yes.
HoustonAg2021
The Lost said:

BigDave21 said:

Problem is by who? Are they AAU schools? They may not meet the academic standard the big 10 has
AG
Ag Tag said:

Maybe they'll remain in the BDF and it'll become something similar to CUSA or the Sun Belt Conference.

It already is
HoustonAg2021
vander54 said:

Agreed. They'll never win a title in football but they'll be decent. They'll win many in basketball and sometimes baseball
MaroonStain
AG
CUSA as has been said and will be.
TexasLeaguer
AG
I'll keep it short. Baylol and the tards are the new Microsoft Zune
W
AG
the border conference is coming back
merch
Greed destroys. Probably not long and we won't just be saying what happened to Baylor or Tech, we will be saying, remember when people used to watch college football?
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
BigDave21 said:

not anywhere important, I suppose.
The Lost
BigDave21 said:

The Lost said:

BigDave21 said:

Problem is by who? Are they AAU schools? They may not meet the academic standard the big 10 has

Lol the whole student part is a farce now with nil. Academics matter as much as the alliance did for the big/acc/pac12. It doesn't matter at all for this round. Just $$$$$
Gigem_94
AG
Big 12 is suddenly rethinking or has buyers remorse about adding UH; Cinn; and UCF now that the remaining PAC12 are ripe for poaching
Divining Rod
BenFiasco14 said:

I feel like they're both gonna get hosed and left in the cold. And I can't wait for it.

What happens to them? Relegated to a G5 level conference and forever irrelevant?

Really? Man there's rivalry and then there's real life. we should all want our major programs in Texas to be healthy.
Gidnik
I still think the big 12 merges with what's left of the pac
musicman55
AG
The BDF has something of value that the PAC has always needed…. The Central time zone.
EagleAg
AG
BIG XII seems to be in a slight stronger position but are still missing any really big names like the PAC has. If the PAC could lure Okie Light, BYU, Cincinnati, TCU and 2 of Houston, WV, Kansas or K State they could form a nice conference with some major TV markets added.

Edit: Forgot about TCU.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
They also have fans, although fewer in number, that give a damn about football.
Sponge
AG
Tech becomes independent. Conferences quarantine them to prevent spread of STIs.
BenTheGoodAg
AG
BMX Bandit
PAC ain't luring anyone from Big XII.

my guess is a few of those teams, CU, Utah, maybe the arizona schools join Big XII.

long term, Tech and Baylor will be in the 2nd division of college football when the major programs start a new division outside NCAA
10Aggie10
AG
TCU and Kansas to the PAC 12

Tech and Baylor remain in the ten team BDF. It's possible the bdf elevates any two of Boise State, Colorado State, SMU
anaggieshusband
They'll be playing the Bearkats soon!
TAMUallen
AG
**** them

Hope that they all suffer
Z Team
AG
Sterling82 said:

I hope they find a way to flourish. Why should I wish to see fewer opportunities for high school athletes to compete at a high level in college?

They will still play football and give scholarships. Just won't be relevant on the big stage. Pretty much how it is right now.
rootube
AG
I guess I'm in the minority but I'd like to see as many Texas schools to do well as possible.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.