Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

ACC Officially goes to 3-5 format

2,132 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Aggieair
Jarrin' Jay
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://theacc.com/news/2022/6/28/acc-announces-football-schedule-model-for-2023-26.aspx

This is a positive and will hopefully pave the way for an SEC format of 3-5 or 3-6 with 3 permanent rivals and not pods.

9 conference games would be better IMHO and with 16 teams you cycle through the other 12 every 4 years both home and away, so I think the SEC will go with a 3-6 model.

Didn't see this posted from 6/28 but SIAP and discussed.
akm91
AG
ACC may not survive long enough for it to matter if SEC decides to expand to keep up with the B1G.
My Name Is Judge
Strange they ****ed up the Tobacco Road rivalries for all except duke

akm91
AG
My Name Is Judge said:

Duke, UNC and NC State all play each other. NC State did get screwed by getting Clemson while Duke gets Wake and UNC gets UVA.
agnerd
AG
akm91 said:

ACC may not survive long enough for it to matter if SEC decides to expand to keep up with the B1G.
ACC grant of rights lasts until 2036.
Charlie 31
AG
ACC 3-5 Format = the ACC using its remaining 3-5 schools after conference realignment to format a new schedule
My Name Is Judge
akm91 said:

My Name Is Judge said:

Duke, UNC and NC State all play each other. NC State did get screwed by getting Clemson while Duke gets Wake and UNC gets UVA.

All 4 teams are rivals…

Wake gets duke, Ga Tech, & Va Tech
Nc State gets clemson
& unc plays Virginia

I don't really care either way, just seems like a really simple thing that they **** the bed on
akm91
AG
agnerd said:

akm91 said:

ACC grant of rights lasts until 2036.
That's only in play as long as the conference continues to exist.
merch
SEC doesn't need to expand because Big 10 may pick up one decent team who hasn't sniffed playoff since it's inception.
Jimbo4win
AG
If the SEC had tried to add Florida St and Clemson while adding Texas and OU, the package of 4 would have been shot down. Florida And S Carolina would have been p***** enough to vote no giving A&M, Missouri and Arkansas the courage to also vote NO. The SEC was smart to gradually screw one or two schools at a time. We were lucky to be the first ones to get hosed. Florida and S Carolina had to see this coming right?
Jarrin' Jay
AG
If the SEC goes with a 3-6 format and our 3 are cow, Pig, and LSU....... I can live with that. I just don't want to be stuck with BOTH cow and OU, would like our schedule to be as less Big 12 and more traditional SEC as possible.

So of course our 3 will end up being cow, OU, and Mizzou.....
Rule#2
AG
This is what's gonna happen
TAMUallen
AG
ACC is irrelevant
Aggieair
TAMUallen said:

ACC is irrelevant
I'm curious if their bylaws have a clause like the Big 12, where if enough members leave at once, the conference dissolves. I think the B1G is still looking to add ND and Oregon/UW before their new contract in 2023, and wouldn't be surprised if the SEC is already in talks with FSU, Miami, Clemson, and UNC as a counter.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.