Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

*****2022 CONFERENCE EVOLVES INTO SUPERCONFERENCE REALIGNMENT THREAD*****

4,654 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Dr Lane Trowlan
hunter2012
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Buckle up Buck-a-roos, it's about to get crazy

USC, UCLA to B1G, is just the appetizer.

It's about to be the power 2 conferences and a bunch of mid-majors, we need to get VTech, Florida St, Miami, and Clemson to truly become THE super conference. I also dream of the sips follow their elitist ego and leaving to the B1G, taking Oklahoma with them.

Update this thread if you run across something.
hunter2012
AG
aggrad02
AG
Vtech? Take UNC instead.
arlington_ag23
AG
Texas fans breathing a sigh of relief that the BIg 10 wants Kansas instead of the SEC.
hunter2012
AG
(I mention Vtech do to how similar they are to us).

maver1ck
AG
I just hope Baylor gets absolutely hosed with this whole deal. I really do.
hunter2012
AG
A fun irony in this is that the PAC12 stalled and torpedoed the playoff expansion plan. Their "gentleman's agreement" may ultimately kill the PAC12.
Cow Pie & Fries
Let's poach the two Arizona schools. Outside the footprint & good TV markets in Phoenix & Tucson.. oh & yes the golf with road trips would be very cool
Tramp96
hunter2012 said:

It's about to be the power 2 conferences and a bunch of mid-majors, we need to get VTech, Florida St, Miami, and Clemson to truly become THE super conference. I also dream of the sips follow their elitist ego and leaving to the B1G, taking Oklahoma with them.

TCU to Big10? He needs better sources.
DeSantis 2024
hunter2012
AG

So much for the "alliance".
hunter2012
AG

Sounds like in an afternoon, the PAC 12 could be defunct.
Charlie 31
AG
Bill Superman
AG
After sip slithered their way into our conference, this is what's best for college football.
aggiedad7
nbaker2022 said:

Pretty sure that's a done deal. They are hosed.
Aggieair
aggiedad7 said:

nbaker2022 said:

Unfortunately, they look better off now than the remaining Pac schools.
NyAggie
AG
Aggieair said:

aggiedad7 said:

nbaker2022 said:

Whatever remaining pac schools that don't go big or sec, will wind up in the big12
Aggieair
NyAggie said:

Aggieair said:

aggiedad7 said:

nbaker2022 said:

Whatever remaining pac schools that don't go big or sec, will wind up in the big12
That's my point. The Big 12 is now the more stable conference. It gets to turn down Pac-12 schools that don't increase the size of the pie, just like how the Pac-12 turned down the 8 orphans from the Big-12 last summer.

So schools like Cal and Oregon State might be on the outside looking in because of how little football revenue they bring to the table.
Fitzwilly
AG
All of the blue stars for you!!
MaroonStain
AG
Aggieair said:

NyAggie said:

Aggieair said:

aggiedad7 said:

nbaker2022 said:

That's my point. The Big 12 is now the more stable conference. It gets to turn down Pac-12 schools that don't increase the size of the pie, just like how the Pac-12 turned down the 8 orphans from the Big-12 last summer.

So schools like Cal and Oregon State might be on the outside looking in because of how little football revenue they bring to the table.

Cannot type Cal without the rest... it's Cal-Berkeley...they bring nothing but ______. Might as well join U of San Fran in the pile of rotten wood.
MaroonStain
AG
...and with this, as many have said, tu to SEC is not a "done deal". The snakes are looking for 'best option'. Big 12 BDF may be the place to stay for tu and their wore out slore, 0u.
The Chicken Ranch
AG
There aren't any PAC schools that are going to the SEC. Anyone that thinks so is f-ing stupid.
Ag Tag
The Chicken Ranch said:

There aren't any PAC schools that are going to the SEC. Anyone that thinks so is f-ing stupid.
You don't think that the SEC will pull Stanford in?
maver1ck
AG
Ag Tag said:

The Chicken Ranch said:

You don't think that the SEC will pull Stanford in?

If we are heading towards two 20-team super conferences, there may not be room.

Each conference is about to have 16 teams with the additions of USC, UCLA, OU, t.u.

That leaves 8 spots, and 5 of them are definitely going to FSU, Miami, ND, Clemson, and Oregon
bv86ag
AG
A Big 12-Pac 12 merger would seem to be the logical step in a superconference scenario.
It's about all those 2 conferences can do to attempt to remain legitimate.
Next question is do the G5 schools all merge into 1 giant conference?
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
A Pac 12 - Big 12 merger is the next logical step next step, and that will mean 4 Power conferences: SEC, Big 10, ACC, and Big 12. With the arrivals of BYU, Houston, Cincinnati, and UCF and the departures of Oklahoma and Texas, the Big 12 will have 12 teams. With departures of UCLA and USC, the Pac 12 is currently down to 10 teams. A merger between these two conferences would mean a super conference of 22 teams.
SEC Champs
AG
bv86ag said:

A Big 12-Pac 12 merger would seem to be the logical step in a superconference scenario.
It's about all those 2 conferences can do to attempt to remain legitimate.
Next question is do the G5 schools all merge into 1 giant conference?

Cal will never ever be in a conference with Baylor or Tech, or BYU!
agsalaska
AG
Thank you for this thread.

For the first page.

This will end in the next few years with 32-36 teams in a football league separate from the NCAA.

This will NOT include every school currently in the Big 10 and SEC, but will end with those being the only two conferences competing for an NC.

Texas A&M will be just fine.

I have no idea what happens in the other sports. I think Basketball has for a long time been dominated by teams not in that final 32. Duke, most of the Big East, Gonzaga, Arizona, even Baylor. I think In basketball the NIL will allow for maybe 100 schools. Probably the same for baseball.

But football is well on its way to an NFL style system. And as an Aggie that's fine.
Frok
AG
I'm not sure what I think about it. It will be nice to have more marquee games but smaller schools will suffer. I like college football being more spread out and not simply dominated by the big schools. Losing the regional ties to conferences make it somewhat of a muddy mess.
BMX Bandit
Completely agree.
LMCane
Tramp96 said:

hunter2012 said:

TCU to Big10? He needs better sources.
the Big 10 is taking TCU over Notre Dame?!?!

maver1ck
AG
Not a chance

In my opinion, ND, Clemson, FSU, Miami, and Oregon are the only schools left that are 100% getting picked up by one of the superconferences. Every other school left will have to duke it out
StinkyPinky
AG
arlington_ag23 said:

Texas fans breathing a sigh of relief that the BIg 10 wants Kansas instead of the SEC.
You just won the internet!
hunter2012
AG
ACC and PAC12 doomed themselves.

Quote:

The decision by the Pac-12 and ACC in January to block a 12-team, six-automatic-bid College Football Playoff proposal could go down as most ill-advised in the history of college athletics.
The plan on the table offered almost certain annual access to the playoff and a tie, both politically and financially, to the mighty SEC and Big Ten. The deal was expected to earn over $1 billion per year.
A path to compete for a championship is the single most important factor in recruiting. It's why in basketball even small schools from small conferences such as Gonzaga can routinely sign future NBA lottery picks. Additionally, a guaranteed route to the playoff makes both regular season and conference championship games more valuable and relevant.
It is part golden ticket, part life preserver.
And the Pac-12 and ACC decided to throw it aside.
Now it's possibly gone for good.

hunter2012
AG

Don't worry the alliance is still on. It's like someone's best friend sleeping with their wife at a party and excusing it the next day. "Dude, if I didn't, someone else would have! We still cool bro?"
sincereag
It'll be interesting to see what happens to the ACC now. I would imaging the SEC Commish is on the phone right now with several schools like Clemson, VA, NC and FL St and hopes to beat the Big 10 from getting them.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.