Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Two Super Conferences - Need to make sure only 2 Texas Schools are In

8,840 Views | 71 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by PatAg
TommyBrady
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We need to do anything we can to make sure tu and A&M are the only two Texas Schools in the Big Boy leagues would make recruiting in state even easier.
hunter2012
AG
TommyBrady said:

We need to do anything we can to make sure tu and A&M are the only two Texas Schools in the Big Boy leagues would make recruiting in state even easier.
Better yet, let's encourage the sips to go to the B1G.
TommyBrady
AG
hunter2012 said:

TommyBrady said:

I'm in but this next round could really help us not have to deal with any in state competition outside of tu forever.
ChemEAg08
AG
hunter2012 said:

TommyBrady said:

And we need to encourage Big 10 to accept Kansas as well, so they can continue to beat the sips each year.
safety guy
AG
Back in the dying days of the SWC, I felt that we should have gone to the SEC at that time and texas gone to the pac. We would have rid ourselves from having to compete with the Houston's, Baylor's, TCUs, and Tech's of the state for players. But we stayed and while the big 12 was better than the SWC, it did not have the broad football appeal of the SEC.
arlington_ag23
AG
Not concerned about our ability to put recruit the smaller schools in Texas regardless of what league they are in, we're way past that now.
rgag12
AG
A&M would have zero say in the matter.
TommyBrady
AG
arlington_ag23 said:

Not concerned about our ability to put recruit the smaller schools in Texas regardless of what league they are in, we're way past that now.

My goal would be to make sure we put as much distance as we can from everybody else. Just cuz your ahead doesn't mean you can't keep stomping them down even further.
greg.w.h
AG
safety guy said:

Back in the dying days of the SWC, I felt that we should have gone to the SEC at that time and texas gone to the pac. We would have rid ourselves from having to compete with the Houston's, Baylor's, TCUs, and Tech's of the state for players. But we stayed and while the big 12 was better than the SWC, it did not have the broad football appeal of the SEC.
Texas got told no by the Tech and Baylor aluminati running the state to either move.
austinbevo321
Texas and A&M are the two richest universities in the power 5. We should both dominate this new college fb NIL landscape regardless of who's in what conference. I would love to see a world where Texas and A&M are the two dominate programs in college football similar to fsu-miami in the past.
...and yes we're rivals. We've always been rivals. Granted I'm old school..graduated UT in the 80s...I've always seen A&M as a bigger rival that ou....the only reason ou has been so important is recruiting and keeping players in state imo.
...but I know others disagree. That's fine...but we should play every year on thanksgiving. I miss that game.
JBGoode
AG
TommyBrady said:

This shouldn't be hard to do. Look what remains: Tech, Baylor, TCU, SMU, Houston, UTSA, Texas State…

The bigs won't have any of that.
Jimbo4win
AG
austinbevo321 said:

Texas and A&M are the two richest universities in the power 5. We should both dominate this new college fb NIL landscape regardless of who's in what conference. I would love to see a world where Texas and A&M are the two dominate programs in college football similar to fsu-miami in the past.
...and yes we're rivals. We've always been rivals. Granted I'm old school..graduated UT in the 80s...I've always seen A&M as a bigger rival that ou....the only reason ou has been so important is recruiting and keeping players in state imo.
...but I know others disagree. That's fine...but we should play every year on thanksgiving. I miss that game.

Horn alums I know have admitted to "the secret code" that you are never to acknowledge A&M as your rival even when you are up all night chain smoking studying our two deep roster 365 days per year....At least you verbalized the truth, my good friend. That's a good first step to healing..Way to go!
austinbevo321
Jimbo4win said:

austinbevo321 said:

Horn alums I know have admitted to "the secret code" that you are never to acknowledge A&M as your rival even when you are up all night chain smoking studying our two deep roster 365 days per year....At least you verbalized the truth, my good friend. That's a good first step to healing..Way to go!
I don't give a **** what other Horn alums say or think. This rivalry was too big to let some hurt feelings on both sides destroy it imo.

I realize this isn't a popular take on either side..but it's how I feel.

..oh and F Deloss Dodds.
Texmexag
AG
Word leaking out that Washington and Oregon May follow. Make no mistake the Big 10 just declared war on the SEC. If this happens the big 10 will generate significantly more
Money per school than the SEC. They would be stupid not to also make a play for Notre Dame and 1 Texas School to get to 20. SEC will have to raid ACC. This thing ends with 1 "conference" left standing.
austinbevo321
Texmexag said:

Word leaking out that Washington and Oregon May follow. Make no mistake the Big 10 just declared war on the SEC. If this happens the big 10 will generate significantly more
Money per school than the SEC. They would be stupid not to also make a play for Notre Dame and 1 Texas School to get to 20. SEC will have to raid ACC. This thing ends with 1 "conference" left standing.
I tend to agree with the OP..don't add another Texas school. UT and A&M need to dominate this state in recruiting imo.
..but notre dame? yeah make a play. I'd also reach out to Clemson and FSU.
agsalaska
AG
There will only be two Texas schools. There is not a close third.

There will be

2 from Texas
2 from Florida
2 from South Carolina
2 from Alabama
1 from Louisiana
1 from Georgia
1 from Arkansas
1 from Missouri
1 from Oklahoma
1 from North Carolina
And 1 from Virginia

That will be it.
TommyBrady
AG
I just want A&M in the best situation academically and athletically and don't want to leave anything to chance
VedderAg
AG
SEC will raid ACC now. Come on down UNC and Clemson. How many teams does it end at though? 20 per conference ? 40 big boy schools? Prob only 2 of those are Texas schools.
My Name Is Judge
A&M's brand recruits nationally, and as far as in state talent we dominate…..

But none of the other Texas schools are likely to get in bc they're all garbage
agsalaska
AG
VedderAg said:

SEC will raid ACC now. Come on down UNC and Clemson. How many teams does it end at though? 20 per conference ? 40 big boy schools? Prob only 2 of those are Texas schools.

SEC will dump schools as they pick the. Up.

My guess is there are 30-34 schools that will survive.
Jimbo4win
AG
austinbevo321 said:

Jimbo4win said:

austinbevo321 said:

I don't give a **** what other Horn alums say or think. This rivalry was too big to let some hurt feelings on both sides destroy it imo.

..oh and F Deloss Dodds.

There's a saying in investing..never confuse genius with a bull market. Deloss had a little bull market run from '02- 09 and he thought he was genius because of it..what's also hilarious is to look up OU's records during those years. They wouldn't have traded for any of them except '05! Delos's should be renamed Delusion..
austinbevo321
Jimbo4win said:

austinbevo321 said:

Jimbo4win said:

austinbevo321 said:

..oh and F Deloss Dodds.

There's a saying in investing..never confuse genius with a bull market. Deloss had a little bull market run from '02- 09 and he thought he was genius because of it..what's also hilarious is to look up OU's records during those years. They wouldn't have traded for any of them except '05! Delos's should be renamed Delusion..
I don't disagree.
Citizen Reign
JBGoode said:

This shouldn't be hard to do. Look what remains: Tech, Baylor, TCU, SMU, Houston, UTSA, Texas State…

True and sucks for them because Tech, Baylor, TCU, and Houston are better than at least half the Big10.
agsalaska
AG
Citizen Reign said:

JBGoode said:

True and sucks for them because Tech, Baylor, TCU, and Houston are better than at least half the Big10.
Half of the Big Ten is also going to be cut.
JBGoode
AG
Oregon and Washington will be announced soon. Won't that be 18?

Umm, buckle up.
akm91
AG
No way Tennessee gets left out and Mizzou included.
agsalaska
AG
akm91 said:

Yea I missed Tennessee. I think Mizzou ends up in the North(what is right now the Big Ten)
JJxvi
AG
This was a given as soon as Texas joined the SEC. It's why I said that it wouldnt really be a big hit to A&M's new found position in the heirarchy because Texas was essentially placing only Texas and A&M as the only two big league programs in the state when they make that move.
Burpelson
It will be up to FOX AND ESPN, they are running this.
akm91
AG
Also hard to see FSU or Miami gets left out
Ag Tag
agsalaska said:

akm91 said:

Yea I missed Tennessee. I think Mizzou ends up in the North(what is right now the Big Ten)
What did you do with Kentucky, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, and Vanderbilt? They're charter members of the SEC.
Bad Poster
agsalaska said:

There will be

2 from Texas
2 from Florida
2 from South Carolina
2 from Alabama
1 from Louisiana
1 from Georgia
1 from Arkansas
1 from Missouri
1 from Oklahoma
1 from North Carolina
And 1 from Virginia

That will be it.

Which florida school do you take. FSU or Miami?
JJxvi
AG
2 super conferences is not enough, unless they are so large that its effectively 4 groups of teams anyway
Ag Tag
The SEC wants new states, not just new schools from states that are already represented. Look for North Carolina and Virginia to be represented next.
Ag in ATL
AG
agsalaska said:

There will be

2 from Texas
2 from Florida
2 from South Carolina
2 from Alabama
1 from Louisiana
1 from Georgia
1 from Arkansas
1 from Missouri
1 from Oklahoma
1 from North Carolina
And 1 from Virginia

That will be it.

That's only 15.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.