Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

NIL Heat?

5,827 Views | 31 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Ag Tag
MrBlueAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hate that Horns fans are posting this stuff as I think everyone is doing this. I do worry that this poor communication management is going to further fuel the fire about us buying our players. One thing to bend the rules but who is dumb enough to do it when a kid has a phone recording right in your face. Disappointing and despicable!

Ewers Barber on Twitter: "Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought you weren't suppose to talk about money on these recruiting trips? "Yall getting a lot of money from the people behind these suites if you decide to come play here" Inducement? "NiL hAd nOtHiNg tO dO WiTh iT" #GigEm #CFB @NCAA https://t.co/bsSpAoRIOX" / Twitter
AG
Kansas. At home.
TexasAggiesWin
S
The paying for players cat is out of the bag. Anyone who complains about it now is behind everyone else that is doing it (and it's legal now).
themissinglink
AG
Saying people paying for suites will shell out a lot in NIL dollars isn't an inducement, it's a fact.

Issuing a press release saying we'll pay you $50k/year if you come play here is, in fact, inducement.

HTH.
Bill Superman
AG
We need to embrace it and keep our foot on the gas.
Wurk
AG
Bill Superman said:

This! Texas fans tagging the FBI and NCAA under the tweet lol. I hope they tag recruits. Get the word out. I want another top 3 class
Wurk
AG
And also I love the 5-7 program that gave up 57 points to Kansas (at home) on their 4th coach in 8 years thinks they signed a top 5 class with no extra incentives. Funny stuff
merch
As if ever player being recruiting by big programs doesn't already understand this? As I've said before saying you can't use NIL in recruiting is like telling a hot female she can't use her hotness to land a rich guy.
Off_The_Wood
AG
Sheeeeesh. We're going to get melted for this clip
Romello
Wurk said:

Bill Superman said:

This! Texas fans tagging the FBI and NCAA under the tweet lol. I hope they tag recruits. Get the word out. I want another top 3 class

I keep hearing how this will help our recruiting but I dont think so. Other programs are putting a lot of heat (true or false claims) on our program to scare away recruits. It just isn't a good look when everyone is piling on. Politics 101. Marginalize your opponent.
Wurk
AG
Not to be offensive but I think this doesn't make much sense in the NIL era.

Imagine texas coaches saying "stay away from A&M, they are paying recruits and you could get in trouble". Followed by "but anyways, play OL and want to make $50k a year?" .

I think this is an assumption based on rumours from fans of rivals. We are playing by the rules. Billy has alluded to it numerous times without getting into details. So I am not worried
fav13andac1)c
AG
rangerdanger
AG
Getting paid by the guys in the suites is as obvious as saying "the sky is blue", or, "keep your fingers away from that stripper's pet monkey."
Ag-Yoakum95
AG
Twitter is trash
Romello
Wurk said:

Not to be offensive but I dont think this doesn't make much sense in the NIL era.

Imagine texas coaches saying "stay away from A&M, they are paying recruits and you could get in trouble". Followed by "but anyways, play OL and want to make $50k a year?" .

I think this is an assumption based on rumours from fans of rivals. We are playing by the rules. Billy has alluded to it numerous times without getting into details. So I am not worried

No offense taken. Logically yes I agree that it should be a net positive but the message is being crafted in such a way using the powerful media machines to slant it in a negative manner to marginalize A&M as a program that isn't good and has to cheat to win. Truth or lies if its said enough it becomes truth. Other programs aren't catching that same heat.
KCup17
AG
But saying 50K per lineman isnt an inducement??? Ya... sure okay.
sharpdressedman
National coverage is slanted toward the negative and sensational, to include calling out JF for his rebuttal to Saban's accusation. Not pretty.

https://dailycaller.com/2022/06/30/viral-video-appears-to-show-texas-am-staffer-telling-recruits-theyll-get-paid-to-play-for-the-aggies/
QB1
AG
Dude needs a history lesson - "come play o-line for us and get $50-$150k"….this is nothing…one of their guys who has never played a down is driving an orange Aston Martin and another a lambo haha
HoustonAg2106
AG
I do think it's well past time that we stop denying this is happening, everyone is doing it and we are one of the best at it. Period.
Onionman
Sad that A&M gets the heat when Horns and Bama are buying players left and right.

I remember when Saban bragging about how much his Qb was making.
Alpha Texan
AG
It was incredibly kind of USC and UCLA to redirect everyone's attention from this
Detective Jake Peralta
AG
Poor guy that posted this video is probably pissed. His expose isn't even a top 10 story in sports today.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
Didn't care about NIL before, don't care now. Also don't care about the steroid era, sticky gloves, bountygate, banging on trash cans, trans ams, no-show jobs, deflated footballs, video spying, teenagers in the LLWS, tiger's mistresses, an entire cycling world full of juicers, or Baylor womens basketball players with dicks. It's just sports, and in the grand scheme of things it all means absolute jack ***** Big picture wise, what teams and players do has no effect on who any of us are - win, lose, draw, or cheat. Once you accept that, you can sit back and laugh when all this stuff gets thrown around. The days of thinking that any of these people are heroes should have ended long ago. Are you not entertained?
DallasAg 94
themissinglink
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

Bill Superman said:

ALL GAS?
We'll be smart enough to use the breaks and not use NIL as an inducement.
AgBQ-00
AG
That is a nothing burger. Basically just saying that NIL is a thing and the people who pay for the suites do those deals.
Communists aren't people. They are property of the state.
Dr. Tinkle
So let me get this staight...Texas has told every player that they are only coming to Texas to play for the logo. That is all boys, no NIL deal discussions BEFORE they sign on the dotted line. No advertisements like we will pay 50K to all offensive linemen who come here. I guess we are the only ones discussing NIL beforehand and all other recruits are going for the great atmosphere at other places. This is shocking.
Ag Tag
Onionman said:

Sad that A&M gets the heat when Horns and Bama are buying players left and right.

Yeah, but I guess Saban would say that the QB didn't know that was going to happen when he signed.
B-1 83
AG
NIL isn't a "slippery slope", it's a rocket sled now……. May the school and alumni with the deepest pockets win.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
Emilio Fantastico
AG
Ag Tag said:

Onionman said:

Yeah, but I guess Saban would say that the QB didn't know that was going to happen when he signed.

That wasn't for the guy already on campus. That was so the next guy and the guy after that would know what to expect.
Burrus86
AG
NIL Heat? I was hoping this was a Valley initiative supported by Laredo Heat.
Ag Tag
Emilio Fantastico said:

Ag Tag said:

Onionman said:

That wasn't for the guy already on campus. That was so the next guy and the guy after that would know what to expect.
Good point.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.