Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

tu's peaked in late June.

9,529 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by aggiedad7
SBISA Victim
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
They currently sit at 17 commits and are currently rated #2 class in only June! They can't take many more players. Only 3 of their current commits are 5*s. We fine
Albatross Necklace
Their ceiling is 7-5 (losses to Bama, OU, ISU, Ok St & BU)

That's assuming that this team doesn't quit on Sark like they did last season or have to deal with off the field monkey business

Most of their high ranked recruits will be looking around before December.
TexAggie1999
SBISA Victim said:

They currently sit at 17 commits and are currently rated #2 class in only June! They can't take many more players. Only 3 of their current commits are 5*s. We fine

Only 3? You realize only 2 teams finished with more than three 5-stars last year? We were of them, but bad mouthing a team for being ranked #2 in recruiting and having three 5-stars just makes you look dumb. Their challenge will be playing good enough to keep those three 5-stars. Play 5-7 football and they will probably lose some. Have a 10 win regular season and they probably get more and finish ranked in the Top 3 in recruiting.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I think he's saying they are thin on elite talent from there commits and that if one or two shop if they have another poor season, they'll end up down the rankings.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
They always get elite talent. How's it working out for them?
Charlie Murphy
They'll pull in talent but given the state of cfb and the transfer portal, it will be gone when sark gets fired. A decent coach does not lose to Kansas, period.
Bill Superman
AG
Once they all see two of the highest rated QB prospects in history both become busts it will all come crashing back down in epic fashion.
My Name Is Judge
Lol

They're a bottom feeder 5-7 team that lost at home to Kansas

Wgaf
Ag Tag
Albatross Necklace said:

That's assuming that this team doesn't quit on Sark like they did last season or have to deal with off the field monkey business

Won't they lose to Kansas again this year?
merch
I think they can go undefeated in that conference. Seriously. Big XII is total garbage.
aggieclay
Man, stop jizzin' over tu. Sick of hearing about it. I'm an Ag.
Albatross Necklace
merch said:

I think they can go undefeated in that conference. Seriously. Big XII is total garbage.

Dave Aranda disagrees
Albatross Necklace
Ag Tag said:

Albatross Necklace said:

If the team quits again they will
arlington_ag23
AG
Bold of you to assume that tu is better than any of the rest of the garbage teams.
GinMan
AG
#TuckFexas EOT
BeastmodeAg
AG
Wait until ESPN/24.7sports bumps all their commits ratings
rgag12
AG
I think the elite commits they got, especially on offense, stick. They are going there because of Arch and they think they can piggyback off his success for massive NIL deals/NFL looks.

The thing is though, Arch is a fraud in terms of being an all-time elite QB. I think what's more likely is some of the elite guys look to transfer after a couple years when Sark gets fired and the new guy isn't sucking up to them.
merch
Sure but not hard to see. Bunch of garbage and one garbage team has more talent than the rest.
AsburyAg
AG
Albatross Necklace said:

…off the field monkey business.

I see what you did there. Well played, sir. Well played.
NyAggie
AG
Who cares where tu is ranked: what matters is that of the guys they pulled in we were only hot after 1(cook)

P.U.T.U
AG
Albatross Necklace said:

This, even the TU fans I know are hesitant to be optimistic. If they lose 5 again that means the national attention is low which translates to lower NIL. If we have a good season we can steal a few from other schools

Sark recruits a lot like Fran and Sumlin, focusing on stars and not positions of need.
BlueSmoke
With the portal, rankings of a class in year one become superfluous. Grade then a year in arrears after attrition sets in
Nobody cares. Work Harder
Jimbo4win
AG
I REALLY want to say they'll go 7-5 but with Baylor and Iowa St at home, the only losses I see are Bama and Oklahoma St. I think they'll stumble into a win over OU which I think will take a big step back under Venables. The good news is I think Oklahoma State will win the conference so they'll still be relegated to a spare bowl game which they'll lose..
TX_Aggie37
AG
Texas is going to recruit well. Always and forever. They will get a bump in recruiting with the move to the SEC. It is what is is. The bigger factor is how they develop and deploy that talent.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
Texas always recruits highly ranked players, but that has not translated to on-field success. Since 2010, Texas has posted 5 losing seasons, including all 3 seasons (2014-2016) under Charlie Strong. Their best season during that span was a 10-4 finish that included a Big 12 Championship Game appearance in 2018. Yet, Texas fired Tom Herman after the 2020 season and replaced him with Steve Sarkisian.

In Steve Sarkisian's first year, Texas finished 5-7 with a loss to Kansas at home. Texas never led in that game and trailed Kansas by 21 twice before forcing overtime. As a result, Texas lost 6 straight games after a 4-1 start. I predict Texas will finish 7-5 (5-4 Big 12) with losses to Alabama, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Kansas State, and Baylor.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
Jimbo4win said:

I REALLY want to say they'll go 7-5 but with Baylor and Iowa St at home, the only losses I see are Bama and Oklahoma St. I think they'll stumble into a win over OU which I think will take a big step back under Venables. The good news is I think Oklahoma State will win the conference so they'll still be relegated to a spare bowl game which they'll lose..
I agree that Texas could upset Oklahoma. In 2018, Texas beat Oklahoma 48-45 but lost to Oklahoma 34-27 in the Big 12 Championship Game. In 2015, Texas handed Oklahoma its only regular season loss but finished a disappointing 5-7. Even if Texas beats Oklahoma and win all their Big 12 home games, I think Texas will still lose 3 games to Alabama, Oklahoma State, and Kansas State. Assuming that Texas will be big favorites against Texas Tech, TCU, and Kansas, their tossup games will be against Oklahoma, Iowa State, and Baylor.
rgag12
AG
Iraq2xVeteran said:

Texas always recruits highly ranked recruits, but that has not translated to on-field success. Since 2010, Texas has posted 5 losing seasons, including all 3 seasons (2014-2016) under Charline Strong. Their best season during that span was a 10-4 finish that included a Big 12 Championship Game appearance in 2018. Yet, Texas fired Tom Herman after the 2020 season and replaced him with Steve Sarkisian.

In Steve Sarkisian's first year, Texas finished 5-7 with a loss to Kansas at home. Texas never led in that game and trailed Kansas by 21 twice before forcing overtime. As a result, Texas lost 6 straight games after a 4-1 start. I predict Texas will finish 7-5 (5-4 Big 12) with losses to Alabama, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Kansas State, and Baylor.

I think you are discounting the fact that the game with tu's real rival, Kansas, is in Lawrence this year. I think that's gonna be an "L".
LostInTheSchloss
AG
They'll always pull in talent. However, that talent does nothing to change the fact that 7 loss Steve is their coach
JBGoode
AG
Ag Tag said:

It won't matter, we will still incessantly obsess and post about them. It's who we are.
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
here's the deal none of these recruits are going to help them this year. if they don't win and win pretty big this season all recruiting momentum wil be dead and sark will be a lame duck coach.
Agsrback12
Win 10???
Playa00
AG
TexAggie1999 said:

SBISA Victim said:

Only 3? You realize only 2 teams finished with more than three 5-stars last year? We were of them, but bad mouthing a team for being ranked #2 in recruiting and having three 5-stars just makes you look dumb. Their challenge will be playing good enough to keep those three 5-stars. Play 5-7 football and they will probably lose some. Have a 10 win regular season and they probably get more and finish ranked in the Top 3 in recruiting.

Only Arch sticks of those 5 stars and some of the 4s will fall off too. Maybe as early as the 4 td loss to Bama
playa00
fieldtrailer
AG
They got another one. Maybe peaking early July.
dcg4403
AG
Good for the Sips. They have clearly improved their NIL significantly!! They are the hottest team right now and I dont consider it a bad thing for Ags. Plenty of 4 and 5 stars and hoping they blow their load a bit early. I would love to see A&M in Top 3 Class along side of horns. Be a victory for the State of Texas.

Plus remember the classes that Tom Herman hauled in. Where are those guys now and coaching staff?
Marcus Brutus
Yeah, but when you sign the greatest college football QB that will ever play, it makes up for it.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.