Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

QB Austin Novosad visiting Texas A&M

9,738 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Showstopper
True Texan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Top247 QB Austin Novosad unofficial visit to Texas A&M this weekend. Apparently, would only visit if Fisher will offer.

Visited tOSU last week and plans to visit Georgia.
True Texan
AG
From SI

The Texas A&M Aggies have been in search of a 2023 quarterback since the de-commitment of Eli Holstein this spring.

And as of late, they have welcomed no shortage of suitors to College Station, with top passers such as Dante Moore and Jaden Rashada both making their way to Aggieland in recent weeks.

Now, another top target is on the way, with Dripping Springs (TX) prospect Austin Novosad set to take an official visit to the Aggies this weekend.

Novosad is coming off of an official visit to Ohio State in early June and a trip to Waco to reconnect with the Baylor coaching staff this past weekend.
Bunk Moreland
Traces of Texas
I have seen him play. Fantastic passer who is still growing. Ohio State offered after seeing him in person.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
dcg4403
AG
I live in Dripping Springs and have been watching Austin develop as a HS qb since he freshman year. Personally, I never thought for a second that Ags would offer him. Seems the recruiting staff might be getting a bit nervous.

Austin is a good player and is evolving. However, he isnt a talent to brag about. Another development project like Calzada and we all know how that went. Sure hope we get a higher ranked target than Austin.
AgOutsideAustin
Raptor
AG
dcg4403 said:

Seems the recruiting staff might be getting a bit nervous.
Bless your heart. You really don't know how recruiting works at the collegiate level do you?
This post is for Cretaceous Level Subscribers only.

hoosier-daddy
Raptor said:

dcg4403 said:

Bless your heart. You really don't know how recruiting works at the collegiate level do you?

$$$
maver1ck
AG
dcg4403 said:

Yeah, so we are falling back to the kid being recruited by Ohio State and Georgia. Say it isn't so.
Sparkie
AG
Raptor said:

dcg4403 said:

$100+ oil means A&M gets best recruiting class ever!
beerad12man
AG
dcg4403 said:

I live in Dripping Springs and have been watching Austin develop as a HS qb since he freshman year. Personally, I never thought for a second that Ags would offer him. Seems the recruiting staff might be getting a bit nervous.

Austin is a good player and is evolving. However, he isnt a talent to brag about. Another development project like Calzada and we all know how that went. Sure hope we get a higher ranked target than Austin.

He has 14% points higher completion percentage than Calzada, is ranked higher, has a better offer list, is way further up our board than Calzada was, and may be the best qb prospect in the state regardless of how you feel about him.

I'm tired of the comparisons. They are hollow. He is no where near the project Calzada was. In fact they aren't even comparable. Calzada had the strong arm and that was about it out of high school
maver1ck
AG
beerad12man said:

dcg4403 said:

He has 14% points higher completion percentage than Calzada, is ranked higher, has a better offer list, is way further up our board than Calzada was, and may be the best qb prospect in the state regardless of how you feel about him.

I'm tired of the comparisons. They are hollow. He is no where near the project Calzada was. In fact they aren't even comparable. Calzada had the strong arm and that was about it out of high school
themissinglink
AG
beerad12man said:

dcg4403 said:

This.

Any comparison to Calzada is laughable. Calzada was a ~50% passer with 15/11 TD/INT as a junior. His calling card was NFL arm strength. We beat out a last second push from UGA, but other than that, no other big names.

BmtAg96
AG
According to 247 he is committed to Baylor. Is he expected to flip?
maver1ck
AG
BmtAg96 said:

His parents are both Ags. There is definitely a lot of mutual interest here
maver1ck
AG
By the way, Ohio State is recruiting this kid and Georgia is starting to show a lot of interest as well. He absolutely should see a bump in rankings, if the recruiting services know what they're doing at all.
BJC
AG
nbaker2022 said:

BmtAg96 said:

His father is my high school classmate...
BJC
Texas A&M Aggie Class of '96
taylorswift13
AG
nbaker2022 said:

By the way, Ohio State is recruiting this kid and Georgia is starting to show a lot of interest as well. He absolutely should see a bump in rankings, if the recruiting services know what they're doing at all.
the bump would make more sense if he had two uncles who were NFL QB's
Aggie Pharmer
AG
BJC said:

nbaker2022 said:

BmtAg96 said:

Mine too
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
taylorswift13 said:

nbaker2022 said:

the bump would make more sense if he had two uncles who were NFL QB's

Wouldn't be able to bump him as that is apparently automatic top spot material (no room to go up from there)
BJC
AG
Aggie Pharmer said:

BJC said:

nbaker2022 said:

BmtAg96 said:

Mine too

Then we both are '92 Hornets...
BJC
Texas A&M Aggie Class of '96
sandcrob
AG
He is invited to the elite 11 QB finals camp…
If he excels then his ranking will increase…
No need to stress about anything yet.

Funny though that arch Manning is not interested in attending the elite 11 regional or finals camp… I guess if everyone says you are the best… then why bother to compete and prove it.

Arch Manning is the heavyweight champ who keeps dodging top contenders… eventually those chickens will come home.
"I don't know how to put this but...I'm kind of a big deal"
maver1ck
AG
sandcrob said:

He is invited to the elite 11 QB finals camp…
If he excels then his ranking will increase…
No need to stress about anything yet.

Funny though that arch Manning is not interested in attending the elite 11 regional or finals camp… I guess if everyone says you are the best… then why bother to compete and prove it.

Arch Manning is the heavyweight champ who keeps dodging top contenders… eventually those chickens will come home.

It does sound like the Manning camp is the same week as the Elite 11, so Arch couldn't be there anyway.

It's not much of an excuse though, considering Arch doesn't attend any major camps at all. Gotta avoid getting exposed by better QB prospects.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
Hey now, he's been tested in fire against that fierce private school competition.
NavyAg92
AG
dcg4403 said:

This is total trash. His film speaks otherwise. Kid is a 4* as Calzada was a 3*. No comparison whatsoever. His numbers and competition is better than Arch Manning (5*) and he has an offer from tOSU. They don't just offer any so called "development project". Kid is really good and NOT a project. Perfectly wedged between Weigman and Lagway. Just the QB A&M needs if he's willing to flip.

You should perma ban yourself for that horrible assessment.
StinkyPinky
AG
So he has a verbal to Baylor, but media says there is a good chance he could flip to tOSU after getting an offer. How real is it that we could be in the mix. Having parents that are Aggies apparently isn't a strong influence (and good for the parents if they are trying to stay independent of the decision and let him find his own path). What video I've seen, I'd like to see us have a shot at him though.
DuncanLEO
dcg4403 said:

Only on Texags would a guy being prioritized by the likes of the good guys, Georgia, and Ohio State be a stretch. Could be one of the best in the country, and NOT because he has a high profile last name.
maver1ck
AG
DuncanLEO said:

dcg4403 said:

Only on Texags would a guy being prioritized by the likes of the good guys, Georgia, and Ohio State be a stretch. Could be one of the best in the country, and NOT because he has a high profile last name.

Yep. Tearing it up at the Elite 11 right now against the best QB talent in the country.
Showstopper
AG
Novosad ranked second by Elite 11 staff before final day. Granted, he didn't have to beat the guy with the mediocre high school performance but a famous last name.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.