Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Arch to the Whorns

33,520 Views | 203 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Batman96
anaggieshusband
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I just hope the TV folks keep me updated on who his roommate is
infinity ag
ea1060 said:

Dark_Knight said:

This whole Arch Manning craze I never understood. Kid is probably going to end up overrated like Eli.
Eli played in the NFL for 16 years, #1 pick, won 2 super bowls and 2 super bowl MVP's. Not sure how you can call Eli overrated. Most QB's would kill to have a career like that.

I am going to report you to Staff for willfully bringing in logic and facts into this discourse.

JBGoode
AG
Jimbo4win said:

Now, if you had to place a wager on which program will have more success over the next 5 seasons-Texas or Texas A&M, which would you choose?

Back in the early 90's, I was asked who would win their next NC first, Texas or A&M?

At that time, there was absolutely no reason (except one) to say Texas. I said Texas. Using the same logic, how should your question above be answered today?

Historically, A&M shoots itself in the foot. A&M should've already had a NC (or 5) since 1950. But we'll find a way not to.

Laugh when Texas stumbles? Hell yeah. Bet against them? Hell no.
Clob94
anaggieshusband said:

We have our own rooms. You share a bathroom with your suite mate.
rgag12
AG
RealTalk said:

You guys would be singing a different tune if he had committed to A&M instead.

I would hate it if he had picked us. Saw him twice on tv last year and he wasn't that special playing against puny private school teams.

Is he a decent player, yes, but there is going to be so much baggage that comes along with him because he is a Manning. There's more of a chance he's a bust than anything. I would rather take a chance on another blue chip QB
Ag Tag
Clob94 said:

anaggieshusband said:

We have our own rooms. You share a bathroom with your suite mate.
Don't they have sweet mates in Austin?
aggiedad7
W said:

is Austin big enough for Ewers and Arch?

they both can't be the starter in 2023 and 2024
Ewers won't be there in 24. Either he's good enough to go to the NFL or he'll transfer. One or the other.
ashley
I'm siding with all the experts and college coach that have watched lots of film and seen him throw for them.
P.U.T.U
AG
We will see but at the end of the day it may not matter who their QB is as long as Sark is the coach.
Traveler
AG
Dark_Knight said:

Traveler said:

Anyone acting shocked/confused whenever a highly ranked recruit picks tu is either an idiot or trolling.

Ok, tough guy.
So trolling then.

But probably also an idiot.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Anchorhold said:

Cannot stop laughing at this. Love Henry.
The Dirty Sock
Anchorhold said:

Frank Grimes
AG
4 said:

AgsMnn said:

Is he a sibling of Eli or P?

Take a second to think about this question.
This needs more stars. It's the only thing on here that made me laugh out loud.
Ian Neff
AG
I don't get it.
Jimbo4win
AG
JBGoode said:

Jimbo4win said:

Now, if you had to place a wager on which program will have more success over the next 5 seasons-Texas or Texas A&M, which would you choose?

Back in the early 90's, I was asked who would win their next NC first, Texas or A&M?

At that time, there was absolutely no reason (except one) to say Texas. I said Texas. Using the same logic, how should your question above be answered today?

Historically, A&M shoots itself in the foot. A&M should've already had a NC (or 5) since 1950. But we'll find a way not to.

Fair enough. I'll take A&M without hesitation.
AG
Ian Neff said:

I don't get it.

By all means then, take an extra second or two
The Porkchop Express
Jimbo4win said:

helloimustbegoing said:

Jimbo4win said:

SinKiller said:

The Fall Guy said:

This will be Colt McCoy part deax...
He played for a national championship...

Let's all say together what Sip Schiller wants SO BAD to say…ready!!??? ONE, TWO, THREE!!

IF COLT HADN'T GOTTEN HURT….
At least he got there.

So true and thanks for pointing that out, helloimustbegoing. Much appreciated. Now, if you had to place a wager on which program will have more success over the next 5 seasons-Texas or Texas A&M, which would you choose?
What is your measure of success? Because if we don't win a conference title or play for the national title, we're continuing to fail just like we have every year since 1998.
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
hoosier-daddy
The Fall Guy said:

A national championship? Bc they win if Colt doesnt get hurt.
Jimbo4win
AG
Jimbo4win said:

JBGoode said:

Jimbo4win said:

Fair enough. I'll take A&M without hesitation.

Because there is no such thing as "historically XYZ does ABC". That's like saying in 1997 The Patriots always shoot themselves in the foot. As of 1997, that was a true statement but when the facts change(coach and players) it's time to change opinions. Today's A&M, a school that is almost twice the size of Texas, has very little in common with its past just like Apple has almost nothing in common with its past of the 1980s and 1990s.

Not to mention-it's not like Texas knocks it out of the park every chance they get. Same number of B12 titles as Baylor and all..
The Agly Duckling
Quote:

Arch to the Whorns
We will be gracious hosts the Saturday after Thanksgiving in 2025.
Jimbo4win
AG
helloimustbegoing said:

Jimbo4win said:

helloimustbegoing said:

Jimbo4win said:

SinKiller said:

The Fall Guy said:

Let's all say together what Sip Schiller wants SO BAD to say…ready!!??? ONE, TWO, THREE!!

At least he got there.

So true and thanks for pointing that out, helloimustbegoing. Much appreciated. Now, if you had to place a wager on which program will have more success over the next 5 seasons-Texas or Texas A&M, which would you choose?
What is your measure of success? Because if we don't win a conference title or play for the national title, we're continuing to fail just like we have every year since 1998.

Let's keep it simple:

National Championship equals 10 points
Each game win equals 1 point.

Total points after 5 seasons AND this tilts things in the favor of Texas since they will have the easier schedule for the next 3 seasons.
AG
Jimbo4win said:

helloimustbegoing said:

Jimbo4win said:

helloimustbegoing said:

Jimbo4win said:

SinKiller said:

The Fall Guy said:

At least he got there.

Let's keep it simple:

Total points after 5 seasons AND this tilts things in the favor of Texas since they will have the easier schedule for the next 3 seasons.

tech ag
This kid is so adverse to competition he won't even play in the Elite 11 this year. Kind of strange for a "generational talent". Personally, I love this. Know numerous coaches that have watched the kid, and they all say the same thing. He isn't any good right now but could be in time. We all know he will not receive anything like actual "coaching" in Austin.

Kid is in love with Sarkisian and the best news of all is that now the sips cannot fire PeeWee Sark for another couple of years as a result. Plus the comedy of Ewers/Manning and the drama it will bring will make for some great reading
AG
If he has another five or six win season this year, you can bet your ass they will fire him.

One thing I can say for the sips, they don't wait around for very long for a coach to get his gear in one bag.
DuncanLEO
JBGoode said:

He was never going to A&M, nor did we pursue him. Nothing to see here.
The first part is accurate, the second isn't. People are rushing to this thread to say he sucks, which he could, but he is one of only a few players ever rated as high as he is...and we will see but the perception is there.

The bigger picture, even if he sucks and why its crazy people are discounting this, is which of our targets are swayed. That ain't no damn small thing and I guarantee you Jimbo ain't blowing this off as a non-issue.
Jimbo4win
AG
4 said:

Jimbo4win said:

helloimustbegoing said:

Jimbo4win said:

helloimustbegoing said:

Jimbo4win said:

SinKiller said:

The Fall Guy said:

At least he got there.

Let's keep it simple:

Debate regarding who would be more successful over the next 5 seasons-Texas or Texas A&M? I was asked to define the parameters of success. To keep it REALLY simple, I proposed a point system in which each win counts as ONE point. A National Championship counts as 10 points. The program with the most points after 5 seasons is the winner. Does that make sense?
levypantsEOY
tech ag said:

Know numerous coaches that have watched the kid, and they all say the same thing. He isn't any good right now but could be in time.

No you don't.
DGrimesAg92
The only reason this kid is a 5 star recruit is because of his last name. So it makes all the sense in the world why he would go to tessus. That's where all the fake 5 stars go.
The Porkchop Express
Jimbo4win said:

4 said:

Jimbo4win said:

helloimustbegoing said:

Jimbo4win said:

helloimustbegoing said:

Jimbo4win said:

SinKiller said:

The Fall Guy said:

At least he got there.

Let's keep it simple:

Debate regarding who would be more successful over the next 5 seasons-Texas or Texas A&M? I was asked to define the parameters of success. To keep it REALLY simple, I proposed a point system in which each win counts as ONE point. A National Championship counts as 10 points. The program with the most points after 5 seasons is the winner. Does that make sense?
In that point system.
A&M averages 10 wins a year and gets 50 points
Texas wins 5 then 6, then 7, then 8, then 13 and the national title and finishes with 49 points.

And you'd say we were more successful?

WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
Jimbo4win
AG
helloimustbegoing said:

Jimbo4win said:

4 said:

Jimbo4win said:

helloimustbegoing said:

Jimbo4win said:

helloimustbegoing said:

Jimbo4win said:

SinKiller said:

The Fall Guy said:

At least he got there.

Let's keep it simple:

In that point system.
Texas wins 5 then 6, then 7, then 8, then 13 and the national title and finishes with 49 points.

Fair enough..let's make the National Championship 20 points..
wangus12
AG
Woo man TX sports radio is splooshing all over themselves about how this is greatness and Sark is gonna have 2 perfectly rated QBs in the same room (the only other perfectly rated one was Vince, clearly no bias).

My God I can't wait for them to crash and burn
Jimbo4win
AG
Jimbo4win said:

helloimustbegoing said:

Jimbo4win said:

4 said:

Jimbo4win said:

helloimustbegoing said:

Jimbo4win said:

helloimustbegoing said:

Jimbo4win said:

SinKiller said:

The Fall Guy said:

At least he got there.

Let's keep it simple:

In that point system.

Fair enough..let's make the National Championship 20 points..

Keep in mind under this point system Auburn would have been considered far more successful than Georgia from 2010 to 2020.
The Agly Duckling
I like the discussion. Personally, I think we're waaaaay more likely to Natty up over the next 5 years than sip. I think most outsiders would agree. I wonder what Josh Pate thinks about that.
SteveA
AG
Quote:

McCoy was pretty good, and only a 3 star, so more like Chrissy Simms.
TennesseeVol
I'm really shocked and it seems so out of place........not a fit. The Mannings are so cordial, nice and gentlemanly and Arch goes to the most obnoxious place that exists??? So out of character.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.