Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Arch to the Whorns

33,529 Views | 203 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Batman96
maver1ck
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
oldschool87 said:

Mort Rainey said:

Overrated qb for a perpetually overrated program. Perfect fit.
He is not over rated...

Peyton had the worst arm of any starting QB since Fran Tarkington... Just his mental aspect is an advantage. I am not saying he is the 2nd coming, but to say he is over rated, well he is not.

There are multiple QBs in this class who put up much better stats, and against much better talent.
Dark_Knight
AG
Traveler said:

Anyone acting shocked/confused whenever a highly ranked recruit picks tu is either an idiot or trolling.

Ok, tough guy.
Because I'm Batman!

Dark_Knight
AG
Maybe he meant his brother
Because I'm Batman!

Unemployed
AG
You guys would be singing a different tune if he had committed to A&M instead.
vwbug
It's Brandonn Stewart and Peyton manning 2.0.
Artorias
AG
Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't Arch play at a smaller private high school? He got stomped in playoffs last year 49-7.

He may or may not be a bust, need to see him play against some real competition.
Unemployed
AG
Artorias said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't Arch play at a smaller private high school? He got stomped in playoffs last year 49-7.

He may or may not be a bust, need to see him play against some real competition.
Yes, the same high school that both Peyton and Eli played ball at. I think those two did okay.
Dark_Knight
AG
RealTalk said:

Not really.
Because I'm Batman!

Jimbo4win
AG
SinKiller said:

The Fall Guy said:

This will be Colt McCoy part deax...
He played for a national championship...

Let's all say together what Sip Schiller wants SO BAD to say…ready!!??? ONE, TWO, THREE!!

IF COLT HADN'T GOTTEN HURT….
He is Ass My Dude
Mort Rainey said:

Wabs said:

They bought him!!!!

Or does that only apply to the Ags?

Yeah I'm sure he's really concerned about money. His trust fund is probably worth more than you could earn in ten lifetimes

Yeah, because no teenager wants their own money.
He is Ass My Dude
The Fall Guy said:

He gets injured in the NC game?
rsf0626
Commitments in college football mean nothing because of the transfer portal. Applies to texas and a&m alike
JBGoode
AG
Great. And I was fixin to watch the PAWL show today. No way can I listen to 3 hours of talking about this.
maver1ck
AG
RealTalk said:

We didn't even offer the kid a scholarship
tylercsbn9
AG
Dude is Chris Simms 2.0

Is he even good (Arc)? I mean his numbers aren't exactly eye popping in high school. He's just a 5* based on his name I'd assume.

Overrated AF so he's perfect for Texas.
NyAggie
AG
He's obviously going to sip with the promise of starting right away

No way he gets tgst promise from bama or any of the other programs he was looking at

He's a good pickup for them: might be the type of pickup that gets them momentum on the trail

Gotta think a lot of kids will want to play with a manning boy
W
AG
sawemoff2010 said:

Dark_Knight said:

Lol definitely bought. No way any highly ranked qb would choose the charliefoxtrot of tu.

This whole Arch Manning craze I never understood. Kid is probably going to end up overrated like Eli.
You mean #1 draft pick, 2x Super Bowl winner, 2x SB MVP Eli Manning?

I don't like Eli either, but if Arch ends up half as good as Eli, he would be a pretty successful QB.
he means the Eli that was part of the Ole Miss program that lost 18 games during his 4 years
murphyag
AG
Showstopper said:

Well other than their lines have sucked and the Mannings are not exactly known for their speed and elusiveness. And they will be going to a tougher league as well by his junior year. If I were him, I'd have picked Georgia.
I think the elder Manning's chose tu for Arch because they think they will be able to control Sark and basically call the shots themselves. They wouldn't be able to do that with Kirby or Saban. Or any other coaches of current SEC teams.
greg.w.h
AG
The Fall Guy said:

More like Chris Simms…
BurntOrangeIsBeautiful
nbaker2022 said:

RealTalk said:

We didn't even offer the kid a scholarship
Coaches knew not to even bother with the postage.
Gidnik
The Fall Guy said:

you realize he was the NCAA leader in all time wins when he graduated right?
CheeseSndwch
SinKiller said:

The Fall Guy said:

BCS*
Jarrin' Jay
AG
Artorias said:

MarylandAG said:

Good QB, I would not expect him to waiver too much on his commitment but who knows kids are different now. I agree with the Chris Simms comparison above, I see this more in line with that than with Colt McCoy. I wish him luck going against the defense that Jimbo and company are/have assembled. I forsee some of their current QB's hitting the transfer portal, this can't sit will with Ewers.
Ewers will start this year and '23, then be off to the NFL (assuming he isn't a bust). Manning will get PT in '23 and start in '24

So he will get 2 shots to beat Kansas..............
The Collective
AG

Dude didn't have to waste any time promoting himself...
UltimateSuperGenius
This is Colt McCoy part two?!?

Colt left college football with the most accurate season ever and the most wins of any CFB QB at any level ever. He won 3 of 4 bowl games, 2 of those wins over major conference champs, and was leading in the national title game when he left because of injury.

Would Arch be disappointed being Col McCoy part 2?
FarmerKeith
AG
Chris Simms says hello.
Houstonag
AG
Austin and the sip program is like a cesspool. Not that this recruit does not have some talent but it does require the rest of the team. Austin and that school can cause programs to perform poorly.
CowPieAndFries
For the past year I have posted that I would not want him to play here. I believe he is an elite talent but the media circus that will follow him around is going to be a huge distraction for the rest of the team. I think it will be near impossible to build TEAM with one person getting over the top love. Even before he takes a single snap.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
If Arch Manning starts for Texas in 2023, his first road game will be at Alabama. By the time Texas joins the SEC in 2025, he will probably still be the starter.
Fightin_Aggie
AG
tylercsbn9 said:

Dude is Chris Simms 2.0

Is he even good (Arc)? I mean his numbers aren't exactly eye popping in high school. He's just a 5* based on his name I'd assume.

Overrated AF so he's perfect for Texas.
Maybe, I think it was peyton's work ethic that made him who he is.

Arch will have to have that same commitment to get there
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
The Dog Lord
AG
Wdiss said:

Not a bad move by the young Manning. It's smart to go to a huge and storied yet chronically underachieving program. He can be a key part of any "Renaissance".
Agreed on it being a good move for him. Gets exposure/hype from a fan base that desperately wants improvement. Their OL haul may provide some confidence he can be protected, and if it doesn't go well, they can always blame Sark or the program (assuming he does good enough but the team doesn't win).

That said, I wish him injury-free success and many losing seasons.
The Porkchop Express
The Fall Guy said:

45-8 as a starter and played in a national championship game.

Meanwhile we continue to puff our chests out about beating Alabama twice in 9 years.

WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
The Porkchop Express
Jimbo4win said:

SinKiller said:

The Fall Guy said:

Let's all say together what Sip Schiller wants SO BAD to say…ready!!??? ONE, TWO, THREE!!

At least he got there.
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
JBGoode
AG
He was never going to A&M, nor did we pursue him. Nothing to see here.
Jimbo4win
AG
helloimustbegoing said:

Jimbo4win said:

SinKiller said:

The Fall Guy said:

At least he got there.

So true and thanks for pointing that out, helloimustbegoing. Much appreciated. Now, if you had to place a wager on which program will have more success over the next 5 seasons-Texas or Texas A&M, which would you choose?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.