Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Outside the Commissioner's Office

8,723 Views | 66 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by AWP 97
Houstonag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What is your point. Saban accused us of cheating , outside the rules, buying the players, etc. and he has not done so. BS. His QB las year had a contract before he every reported. Who gave him that contract?
Homesick Aggie
AG
Jimbo would have boots on!
Priorities in life-
Faith, Family, Friends and my FIGHTING TEXAS AGGIES
tandy miller
AG
Your instagram is mind blowing. Especially the charcoal bull rider. Your daughter apparently shares your gift!
FJB
Rectitude
AG
This drawing is epic.
LatinAggie1997
AG
Houstonag said:

What is your point. Saban accused us of cheating , outside the rules, buying the players, etc. and he has not done so. BS. His QB las year had a contract before he every reported. Who gave him that contract?

Ugh, reread my post...we are on the same side of this argument.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Proud to be your 100th blue star.
milner79
Sorry for mpaul's attemp to derail this thread. Plenty of other threads for his comments.

OP, excellent job! Top notch, TOP NOTCH!!

ETA ... for those who haven't taken the time to look up the inspiration:

rock08
AG
Harry Lime said:

Proud to be your 100th blue star.

Haha. Congratulations to both of us. Cheers
rock08
AG
milner79 said:

Sorry for mpaul's attemp to derail this thread. Plenty of other threads for his comments.

OP, excellent job! Top notch, TOP NOTCH!!

ETA ... for those who haven't taken the time to look up the inspiration:

Thank you!!
_mpaul
AG
Why is why I deleted my posted within 5 minutes of making it.
Jimma
I'm going to give Fisher and the coaching staff the benefit of the doubt and say they worked their butts off recruiting. As far as I know there is no way for Saban or anyone else to know whether the recruits got any NIL deals without asking the player or to even know how or when the player got the deal. It appears Saban was assuming/speculating they got deals. No wonder Fisher was mad because it was a direct insult toward Fisher and staff that they could not have signed the class without deals. It has been reported that out of the 11 early enrollees 10 do not have NIL deals.

It would be like you studying your ass off to make the highest grade in the class and the guy with the next highest grade telling everyone in the class that you cheated or provided sexual favors to the professor to get your grade. Saban's comments could easily be interpreted as being an accusation and insulting toward Fisher and staff, A&M and the recruits themselves.
ColleyvilleAg06
AG
Saban needs a bruise on his arm
TAMU74
AG
Well done sir. Impressive
rock08
AG
Thanks again to everyone for the bluestars, hearts, likes, shares feedback and encouragement!

I'll work on prints being made this week and get with Kids1stFund.

Meanwhile Ill be painting the final art piece. So stay tuned!!

Gig 'em,
Trey Stephens
Rock08
StinkyPinky
AG
_mpaul said:

RealTalk said:

_mpaul said:

I heard Saban's comments for the first time last night. Unless there was more than what was in the 6-minute clip I watched, he wasn't wrong. Out of that 6 minutes, he mentioned TAMU once I think and talked about this "collective" nonsense, but it wasn't really specific.

I love Jimbo, but his response didn't really address the meat of what Saban was saying or deny the accuracy of it. Moreover, it seemed disproportionately harsh to me.

Saban's right. Unless Congress creates some sort of an anti-trust exemption like MLB that allows the NCAA to enforce the rules about paying players, college football will be irreparably damages in the next 10 years.
He said we cheated.

You agreed with that?
I didn't hear that in the 6-minute clip that I watched. I am, admittedly, assuming that clip had what were the controversial remarks, or there was no point in posting it, but that might be an incorrect assumption.

There are a 1000 thread already on this. Let's stay focused on the OPs art piece in this one.
StinkyPinky
AG
rock08 said:

"Outside the Commissioner's Office"

This is what happens when you don't have photoshop but you can draw pretty good and want to make your friends laugh….

In light of this weeks drama between Saban and my beloved Texas Aggie Football Team lead by Head Coach Jimbo Fisher, I decided to draw a little picture for ya ags.

I hope you like it

Thanks and gig 'em!
-Trey Stephens '08
IG: trey_stephens_art

This is based on Rockwell's masterpiece "Outside the Principal's Office".

As a doodler and semi good artist, this is humbling. Well done!
mjschiller
AG
Rock08 - outstanding. You need to have some T-shirts mfg.
Marvin J. Schiller
alamogeorge
AG
"...but you can draw pretty good."

I can't even draw a circle. I hate people like you. Good job
"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Aggieland!" -Davy Crockett
Potcake
AG
Wife and I have some drawings of pets that OP did for us.
tandy miller
AG
mjschiller said:

Rock08 - outstanding. You need to have some T-shirts mfg.

Would buy 100%
FJB
tk111
AG
Divining Rod said:

Seriously?

And yet we have people lining up to buy BENJAMIN KNOX crap???!!
AggieMD95
AG
_mpaul said:

mitchdpm said:

_mpaul said:

And how is than inconsistent with a legal "collective" funded by alumni that offers money to players?

Here's the quote. He even clarified that by "bought every player on the team," he meant "made a deal for name, image and likeness." Is that inaccurate?

Quote:

"I mean, we were second in recruiting last year. A&M was first. A&M bought every player on their team made a deal for name, image and likeness. We didn't buy one player, all right? But I don't know if we're gonna be able to sustain that in the future because more and more people are doing it. It's tough."

Stop being obtuse. Buying every player on our team means we cheated until last year. It also breaks TX NIL laws. Why are you defending Saban? He was being a whiny, narcissistic, sore loser.
He referenced A&M in one or two sentences out of 6-minute mini-speech on the changing landscape of college football and the impact of NIL rights on the game, and you think than is being a "whiny, narcissistic, sore loser"? I get it. You're defensive about your team and you've got your quills raised to anything that might possibly be an attack.

His comments were a big nothing-burger to me, and I'm surprised Jimbo wasted time even responding to them.

The 6 minute speech was mostly peaceful
TxAg76
AG
I'd put a pair of boots on Jimbo
sleepybeagle
AG
Nice!
StinkyPinky
AG
TxAg76 said:

I'd put a pair of boots on Jimbo
At least he didn't put him in the proverbial New Balance tennis shoes
Clucky
Wait, now hold on a second. What kind of studio do you have? Something is fishy here- did you trace this? Is this some sort of computer program that makes drawings?

This is going to be tough for me to top, I'm not even going to try. Good work.
rock08
AG
Clucky said:

Wait, now hold on a second. What kind of studio do you have? Something is fishy here- did you trace this? Is this some sort of computer program that makes drawings?

This is going to be tough for me to top, I'm not even going to try. Good work.

Don't stop creating Clucky. I love You
TAM85
The NIL file drawer is a nice touch!
AgBQ-00
AG
The bulletin board is a gold mine of easter eggs. So well done.
Communists aren't people. They are property of the state.
Gigem_94
AG
Holy cow! Truly an Amazing gift.
StinkyPinky
AG
See how big Jimbo's ankles are?!?!? Hell yea he would kick his arse.....
AWP 97
AG
RealTalk said:

_mpaul said:

I heard Saban's comments for the first time last night. Unless there was more than what was in the 6-minute clip I watched, he wasn't wrong. Out of that 6 minutes, he mentioned TAMU once I think and talked about this "collective" nonsense, but it wasn't really specific.

I love Jimbo, but his response didn't really address the meat of what Saban was saying or deny the accuracy of it. Moreover, it seemed disproportionately harsh to me.

Saban's right. Unless Congress creates some sort of an anti-trust exemption like MLB that allows the NCAA to enforce the rules about paying players, college football will be irreparably damages in the next 10 years.
He said we cheated.

You agreed with that?

I'm not sure that the OP has very good reading comprehension. I'm not even sure how to respond
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.