Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

One last time in Saban Comments

2,444 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by merch
merch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
NIL is not supposed to be used to recruit.
It is legit to use NIL deals with current players.
Thus the accusation by saban is that recruits were "paid" NIL deals which is against the rules. We all know this is very unlikely. I'm sure Jimbo will come out strong on this again.

The problem as noted before is you can state in the rules that NIL cannot be used to recruit but in practice that doesn't work. Saban knows this and it takes away advantage Bama has had for years and he doesn't like that. Recruits are not stupid. They know that ATM and others schools have deeper pockets and thus they will have greater access to larger NIL deals. Recruits will inquire as to what they can expect in terms of these deals. Heck, it is why Saban told the world his QB got a six figure NIL deal. He wants this public because it helps recruiting his next QB. The very accusation that ATM has a fund with 30 million in it to hand out NIL deals, something not espoused by ATM but by others, actually helps ATM recruiting.

I'm fairly confident we didn't break rules with NIL because it is just so easy not to. Unless recruits signed NIL deals before signing letter of intent…which would be hard to believe. All the NIL stuff is just hypothetical with any recruit. For example you can address with parents the very concept of NIL and what it is, how it works, that every player at every university in the country is eligible to benefit from it, etc. you don't even have to address numbers, so many others have done that for you (Saban and sark, rumors from reporters/insiders)
BMX Bandit
already threads on this. check the first page
Keith70Chevelle
Does it matter. If merch wants to post so be it. This is a forum the last time I checked and not just your forum. Why the hate.
maroonthrunthru
I had no idea BMX Bandit had authority over posts…

I think I'll go post another one in his honor, while rides his little bicycle…
rootube
AG
I'm fairly confident that even if we did break the rules the NCAA is powerless to do anything about it. If they were really concerned with players getting paid they have FBI evidence against half the top Basketball programs in the country. What are they doing about it? Squat. Those basketball programs are paying their inflated salaries.
The very same high salaries the NCAA use to go to the Supreme Court only to lose on a 9-0 decision. How many things before the Supreme Court these days does literally everyone agree with?
Showstopper
AG
"Hi my name is merch, I can't figure out how to read thread titles can someone please help me?"
merch
I remember several years ago the NFL had an issue with the salary cap. Some teams played within the rules to take advantage of the rules as written, as they should have. Ultimately, the NFL penalized those teams anyway. Argued those teams broke spirit of the rule. I can see something like that happening here.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.