Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Nick Saban "Texas A&M BOUGHT every payer in their recruiting class"

37,525 Views | 274 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by . . .
riverrataggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Agsone said:

Saban goes full Biden…everyone's fault but his own.

Never go full ******.
rootube
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

rootube said:

Jarrin' Jay said:

Do you have reading comprehension problems? That's what I said. We are absolutely NOT paying any recruits or enticing them with guaranteed $$, but we ARE sharing the opportunities of course.

So the difference is when you tell a recruit about the "potential" money they can earn you are not allowed to wink? You can see there is some room for interpretation and confusion here.
There is a difference. We can say this is examples of current deals. This is the support situation we've built to help you market yourself.

We cannot say: If you sign with us you will get a check for $XXXXX

So saying all our current sophomores get $1M per year is fine but saying you will get $1M per year as a freshman is off limits? Don't get me wrong I advocate just paying them what they worth but it sounds like there is some room for confusion and inference here.
AgBQ-00
AG
Yes. As far as I know. It is the difference between saying you control what you make here is how we can help market it. Here are examples of people who have taken advantage of it. Versus this is the guaranteed salary you will make to come here.
Communists aren't people. They are property of the state.
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
rootube said:

AgBQ-00 said:

rootube said:

Jarrin' Jay said:

Do you have reading comprehension problems? That's what I said. We are absolutely NOT paying any recruits or enticing them with guaranteed $$, but we ARE sharing the opportunities of course.

So the difference is when you tell a recruit about the "potential" money they can earn you are not allowed to wink? You can see there is some room for interpretation and confusion here.
There is a difference. We can say this is examples of current deals. This is the support situation we've built to help you market yourself.

So saying all our current sophomores get $1M per year is fine but saying you will get $1M per year as a freshman is off limits? Don't get me wrong I advocate just paying them what they worth but it sounds like there is some room for confusion and inference here.
That's how it works right now. You'd have to be an absolute moron to run afoul of current compliance standards in NIL deals ---> Like telling the media you will pay cash to every O-lineman that decides to come to tu.

Just look at the size of the transfer portal these days. Everyone is fishing for a deal that not a deal until they enroll.
txagbq2009
AG
B-Company 2009
. . .
oneeyedag
The Snake has spoken

. . . said:

CajunAg97
AG
Steve Spurrier was right..."Jimbo has a gold mine at A&M, they have more money than God!"
In my experience, there's no such thing as luck.
Citizen Reign
Aggie12B said:

This is awesome because it's a believable Musk tweet.

Blue star for you!
sharpdressedman
Aggie1188 said:

The Agly Duckling said:

Did he really say that? Do you have a source?
Saban said it. Here is the video.

Fisher needs to respond to that little Clown.
There is no way to "walk this back." Saban is a tool.
Cabbage
AG
Why is Nick crying? Cause he just got dunked on!!!

Seriously, bama is poor and can't hang. Nothing to see here.
buppy
THE KAREN OF COLLEGE FOOTBALL
BusterAg
AG
rootube said:

AgBQ-00 said:

rootube said:

Jarrin' Jay said:

No. You can't offer or guarantee anything. Not only the school, but no-one can.

What you can do is point to past success. That is fair game. O'Neal did great with "wake'em up". Point to that as an example of success, and talk about any support given to O'Neal in that campaign by Arise, and say that all student athletes get that kind of support.
Cromagnum
AG
Old hypocritical Satan...never change.

"Our quarterback (Bryce Young) already has approached ungodly numbers," Saban said Tuesday, via 247sports. "I'm not going to say what they are. He hasn't even played yet. He hasn't been a starter. If I told you what he's . . . it's almost 7-figures. And it's like the guy hasn't even played yet. That's because of our program." Saint Nick Saban, 7/21/21

"We were second in recruiting last year. A&M was first. A&M bought every player on their team. Made a deal for name, image and likeness. We didn't buy one player. But I don't know if we're going to be able to sustain that in the future, because more and more people are doing it. It's tough." Saint Nick Saban, 5/18/22
bryanw1995
AG
TAM85 said:

The law is not a year old and we will see how it plays out, but the AG's office could seek a restraining order against violators of this section of the Texas Education Code.
Current AG is too busy dodging prosecution and Bushes.
ABATTBQ11
AG
buppy said:

THE KAREN OF COLLEGE FOOTBALL

Or Karen is the Saban of everything else.
DukeMu
redjalapeno-87 said:

Saban is old school. He is comfortable with having a third party deliver a brown paper sack with 100k cash money for a 5 star. Maybe pay the players Moms electricity bills or whatnot, a free suit and shoes down at T-Town Mens Wear, and a set of new 3,000 dolla rims yall.

Last night was reported as a "fireside chat" at a local nightspot with 100 plus local business leaders in Big City Birmingham. Saban was trolling for dollars for his "collective" to compete with Jimbo. Saban thinks he is just above all that. He prefers the ease of the brown paper sack to win his titles.

Saban was against Hurry Up No Huddle offenses (of course to protect the players) until he did it himself to compete. Saban already had some Alabama NIL law repealed earlier this year to help his "collective". Saban just isn't an early adopter of newfangled strategies. It upsets his stomach and causes his sleep patterns to go wack.
Saban and Bama were doing NIL before it was NIL and it was under the table.
DukeMu
Cromagnum said:

Old hypocritical Satan...never change.

"Our quarterback (Bryce Young) already has approached ungodly numbers," Saban said Tuesday, via 247sports. "I'm not going to say what they are. He hasn't even played yet. He hasn't been a starter. If I told you what he's . . . it's almost 7-figures. And it's like the guy hasn't even played yet. That's because of our program." Saint Nick Saban, 7/21/21

"We were second in recruiting last year. A&M was first. A&M bought every player on their team. Made a deal for name, image and likeness. We didn't buy one player. But I don't know if we're going to be able to sustain that in the future, because more and more people are doing it. It's tough." Saint Nick Saban, 5/18/22
Sounds a bit like Roy Williams.
Turf96
SEC commish May need to step aside and let the men handle this. So Nick can just say whatever and Jimbo can't say anything back? Time to shut up and let the bully take it on the end of the nose. This isn't leadership stanky this is protecting your golden calf after he messed up and is about to get what he has coming.
Cromagnum
AG
tk111
AG
EllisCoAg said:

oh, just sitting around, not much football to look at, but let me get on TexAgs since I have a little bit of time before my next meeting......and we are at DEFCON 1
Dude I had my first busy all-day meeting in a long while yesterday...catching up has been quite a trip
rbcs_2
AG
tk111 said:

EllisCoAg said:

oh, just sitting around, not much football to look at, but let me get on TexAgs since I have a little bit of time before my next meeting......and we are at DEFCON 1
Dude I had my first busy all-day meeting in a long while yesterday...catching up has been quite a trip
I was around Texags yesterday but just this morning got to watch the video of Saban. I couldn't stop laughing at the expressions of the other two guys. Looked like a mix of "oh ****" and "well I'm at a booster event so I have to agree."
. . .
Quote:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/sec-commissioner-on-nil-deals-were-seeing-just-straight-payments-174126956.html

"There are some concerning trends," Southeastern Conference Commissioner Greg Sankey told Yahoo Finance. "We're not seeing name image and likeness activity we're seeing just straight payments. And I think it's important that we recenter ourselves on what's supposed to be happening here and the desire to keep that activity out of recruitment to benefit young people economically but to do so in a healthy way."

Sankey told Yahoo Finance he doesn't believe the NCAA alone can solve the problem. He and coaches like Saban have instead called on Congress to develop broad rules.

"We've been clear about the need for a national standard and that you're going to have congressional activity," Sankey said. "And whether or not Congress sees that as a need, the protection and support of college sports in a healthy way, is part of the conversation that's not going to adjust anytime soon."
JJxvi
AG
Whats happening is that the collectives are just buying out the rights to players name image and likeness up front. Essentially buying from the player the right to market them. Then the collective recoups some of what they pay out from whichever of the players become profitable. They are essentially just marketing agencies. Since the players are selling all their rights up front, yes it looks like "just straight payments" but from the player's perspective they are cashing in the future value of NIL that may never materialize for them in the future. Risk is transferred from the player to the collective which is able to hedge because they are invested in every player and inevitably a few will become the stars of the team.
94chem
AFLAC called back - said they don't carry any product called "mouth insurance."
Bottlehead90
AG
What makes a good rumor?
It has to be believable!

Whether we did or did not buy players, everyone believes we have the resources to do it and if it is legal what is to stop us?

Saban is not worried that we can legally pay players like they always have. He is worried that we can pay MORE then they always have.

itsyourboypookie
spherical
AG
I wish the press conference had just been Jimbo coming out and setting up an easel with an 11x16 of the "old man yells at cloud" meme and walking away.
BadAggie
AG
You'll notice that nobody is saying Jimbo is wrong about Saban being crooked.

. . .

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.