Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Texas A&M football: Recruiting gaffe exposed by high school coach in Louisiana

6,518 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by BTKAG97
infinity ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Why is this coach being such a jerk?

https://247sports.com/Article/Texas-AM-football-Recruiting-gaffe-exposed-by-high-school-coach-in-Louisiana--187672969/

Quote:

Texas A&M football was exposed over the weekend with a recruiting gaffe in a letter to North Caddo High School in Vivian, La. In a photo posted to Twitter by North Caddo head football coach JJ Kavanaugh, a letter from Texas A&M football was shown with a postage fee of $1.56.
"Thank you to Texas A&M for recruiting North Caddo Football," Kavanaugh wrote. "However, with all due respect I will not be paying for your postage."
The Aggies and head coach Jimbo Fisher landed the nation's No. 1 recruiting class in 2022, signing eight five-star recruits and 19 four-star prospects. So, despite the embarrassing recruiting error over the weekend, it shouldn't deter Texas A&M's recruiting efforts moving forward. The Aggies already have the nation's No. 14-ranked class in 2023 with plenty of time remaining to climb those rankings.

07ag
AG
infinity ag said:

https://247sports.com/Article/Texas-AM-football-Recruiting-gaffe-exposed-by-high-school-coach-in-Louisiana--187672969/

Quote:

Texas A&M football was exposed over the weekend with a recruiting gaffe in a letter to North Caddo High School in Vivian, La. In a photo posted to Twitter by North Caddo head football coach JJ Kavanaugh, a letter from Texas A&M football was shown with a postage fee of $1.56.
"Thank you to Texas A&M for recruiting North Caddo Football," Kavanaugh wrote. "However, with all due respect I will not be paying for your postage."
The Aggies and head coach Jimbo Fisher landed the nation's No. 1 recruiting class in 2022, signing eight five-star recruits and 19 four-star prospects. So, despite the embarrassing recruiting error over the weekend, it shouldn't deter Texas A&M's recruiting efforts moving forward. The Aggies already have the nation's No. 14-ranked class in 2023 with plenty of time remaining to climb those rankings.

because being in louisiana he's probably an lsu fan, and anti-a&m
https://ts.la/eric59704
My Name Is Judge
After tallying up all the money Texans dump in their ****ty little state, they can't afford $1.56 for postage?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
infinity ag said:

Quote:

I would also be angry if someone mailed me something without asking for it first, and then asked me to pay for it.
Sponge
AG
Mail without adequate postage gets delivered anyway? Never heard of that before.
gtaggie_08
AG
Plus there isn't any Post Office markings that show that the mail actually passed through different locations. Everything handwritten is a red flag that this is someone with an agenda attempting to make A&M look bad and stem recruiting domination
Ag Tag
This might be one of the biggest things that's ever happened.
Divining Rod
Do we really maill recruiting info to "Attention: Head Football Coach"???? If so, that screams disrespect- kind of like saying you're not worth our time to find out your name!
Anchorhold
Don't try to bring logic and reason into this discussion. It is on the internet so it has to be true.
5 4
S
Stamp on the back of the envelope? Sender label on the envelope seal? This seems totally legit.
Stinky T
AG
Not to mention it is only 0.98 cents. Not even a penny. Cheapskate.
Pepe SiIvia
AG
Death penalty. Just got the call from the NCAA. Mizzou is getting the hammer too for failing to stop us from committing such an egregious infraction.
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
USPS won't deliver mail without getting paid first. If it's real (no postmark makes me question) he went ahead and paid for the postage.

Thanks for saving TAMU almost a buck, Coach!
Showstopper
AG
I am not an expert in post office protocol, but wouldn't there be a postmark? That said, it would be a really strange thing to make up. "I'm going to post a false story about insufficient postage! That will really get those Aggies!"
Oyster DuPree
AG
Showstopper said:

I am not an expert in post office protocol, but wouldn't there be a postmark? That said, it would be a really strange thing to make up. "I'm going to post a false story about insufficient postage! That will really get those Aggies!"

It may be a strange thing to make up, but is it really any stranger than it being real and the coach saying "I'm going to post a true story about insufficient postage! That will really get those Aggies!"
carl spacklers hat
Guess you missed the first iteration.

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3289412
People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living.
greg.w.h
AG
Sounds like that head coach wants to run our mail room…
rbcs_2
AG
Even though we discussed this yesterday, I still laugh at .98 cents. Talk about a gaffe.
Bluecat_Aggie94
AG
This is such a tiny thing.
dixichkn
AG
Bluecat_Aggie94 said:

This is such a tiny thing.
infinity ag
5 4 said:

Stamp on the back of the envelope? Sender label on the envelope seal? This seems totally legit.

Hmm I hadn't noticed.. you are right.
geoag58
AG
Everyone should send that a$$40!e a stamp. Maybe that is why he made it public. Louisiana is struggling financially.
The Agly Duckling
I don't get why it's delivered "Postage Due" since the person getting it would almost never go to the post office to pay the difference. Insufficient postage should just be returned to sender. Weird. Good for LSU-fan coach to throw his 2 cents in.
rootube
AG
The Agly Duckling said:

I don't get why it's delivered "Postage Due" since the person getting it would almost never go to the post office to pay the difference. Insufficient postage should just be returned to sender. Weird. Good for LSU-fan coach to throw his 2 cents in.

Because if you address an envelope and forget to stamp it this happens. When you mail thousands of these things like the football program does mistakes happen. Before social media people thought "that's weird" and got on with their lives. Now it's front page internet chum.
ag94ag
AG
Enjoy your 15 mins North Caddo HS football coach. I didn't notice that it didn't stop you from opening the envelope though.
illegitima non carborundum
Meximan
infinity ag said:

5 4 said:

Hmm I hadn't noticed.. you are right.
I've seen mailers put the postage and addresses in really weird and backwards places (we've got one infamous shipper who puts the From in the To space and vice versa, in addition to constantly getting zip codes wrong).

But there's literally no way to send mail anymore without a postage barcode appearing on it.
Oyster DuPree
AG
ag94ag said:

Enjoy your 15 mins North Caddo HS football coach. I didn't notice that it didn't stop you from opening the envelope though.

It does seem to be a good way to make sure none of your school's players get interest from the team that just signed the best recruiting class in history
Whoop Delecto
AG
CaddoAggie96
AG
Vivian, LA.
gettingitdone
Wasn't even $1.56. It was $.98
Ginormus Ag
AG
If their not going to pay us the money they owe us from the 90's, we're just going to take it back $.98 a recruiting letter.
Username checks out.
MaroonStain
AG
An Aggie buddy and roommate got his mail delivered to our house with no address.

Simply...

<Name protected>
Texas A&M
College Station, TX

We lived off campus. #legend
FriendlyAg
LOL
MaroonStain
AG
I'm going to further deraill because LSU owes us money.

In high school, circa 1983, I wanted a pair of hunting boots and had a job. My parents explained to pick them out, fill out form and send them money. I filled out the form and stuffed the $200 or so bucks in cash in the envelope then sent to Wyoming. I got the boots three weeks later.

Edit: maybe 1986

And wore those hunting boots thru my 1st Bonfire in 1989.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Didn't Sumlins wife know about mailing stuff? Maybe we could hire her as a consultant or something?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.