Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Daily reminder what a joke ESPN is

7,418 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by BadAggie
Traveler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
merch said:

OU has dominated but this year OU is decimated with coach leaving and players transferring. If ever Texas breaks through in that conference it could/should be this year.

Yeah, except they also have OU as number 8, so that can't really be the main reason. So it must think the rest of the B12 is going to be pure garbage ...

This is just math and purely for entertainment, but you just wonder what the algorithms are looking at to get such a high prob for tu (probably heavily weighted on chances of getting out of conference with <1 loss, recruiting, possibly returning talent/starters(?))
BadAggie
AG
sip getting steamrolled by Bama after A&M beat them last year will speak volumes no matter all the usual off-season sip noise.
TXAG 05
AG
rootube said:

DTuba said:

Didn't Baylor win the BDF last year? And Ok St is supposed to be pretty tough this year. (Or so I've heard)

Did either one of them get serious consideration for a playoff spot? The answer to that question is the answer to the question above.

If Oklahoma St hadn't lost to Baylor in the Big12 championship, they would have definitely been in the conversation.
rootube
AG
TXAG 05 said:

rootube said:

DTuba said:

Didn't Baylor win the BDF last year? And Ok St is supposed to be pretty tough this year. (Or so I've heard)

Did either one of them get serious consideration for a playoff spot? The answer to that question is the answer to the question above.

If Oklahoma St hadn't lost to Baylor in the Big12 championship, they would have definitely been in the conversation.

Sure like we were in the "conversation" when the committee served up ND with their usual gift.
Ag Tag
Texas is back.
TXAG 05
AG
rootube said:

TXAG 05 said:

rootube said:

DTuba said:

Sure like we were in the "conversation" when the committee served up ND with their usual gift.

It would have been the choice of a 13-0 Cincy or a 12-1 Ok St. They probably still would have gone with Cincy to throw a bone to the G5 schools, but you never know.

Notre Dame didn't screw us, the Big10 did.
rootube
AG
TXAG 05 said:

rootube said:

TXAG 05 said:

rootube said:

DTuba said:

It would have been the choice of a 13-0 Cincy or a 12-1 Ok St. They probably still would have gone with Cincy to throw a bone to the G5 schools, but you never know.

Notre Dame didn't screw us, the Big10 did.

I agree that Cincinnati would have gone in over them which tells you everything you need to know about OSU's shot at a four team playoff berth.
Garrelli 5000
AG
The dumbest person with a job you know is a journalist. Of that group, the dumbest person with a job they know is a sports journalist.
Take the trash out staff.
Ag Tag
Garrelli 5000 said:

The dumbest person with a job you know is a journalist. Of that group, the dumbest person with a job they know is a sports journalist.
LOL!
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
If the horns make the playoff, they will be embarrassed worse than ND in the semis and that straw will break the current playoff format camel's back
ironmanag
AG
rootube said:

The OU roster was absolutely decimated in the off-season. Texas has a much easier path to the playoff than A&M. That is just a fact.
Could could say the same thing about last year and the year before and the year before and the year before.
According to the Biden White House, what Joe Biden says does not represent the official position of the Biden administration.
Animal
AG
I used to let this stuff bother me but now I EMBRACE it.

Their unrealistic preseason hype, that they always get, makes it nearly impossible for them to succeed.

They could have a nice solid turnaround and put together a respectable W -L record and still they underachieved based on the preseason hype. Their fans eat this stuff up and then become totally demoralized.

This is, in part, why they can't hire a tier one coach. They know that there is such a wide gulf between reality and expectations that they will likely drown while tying to bridge it.

So please applaud the orange media when they predict a National Championship run and 6 Heisman contenders on the team!

Iraq2xVeteran
AG
I agree that ESPN giving Texas the best chance of winning the Big 12 is a joke. Besides Oklahoma, Baylor, Oklahoma State, and Iowa State have a better chance of winning the Big 12 than Texas does. I predict Texas will finish 8-4 with a home loss to Alabama and 3 conference losses to Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, and Kansas State. If Texas finishes 6-6 with a 4-5 Big 12 record, I won't be surprised either.
BadAggie
AG
Lol another summer and the sips are on the comeback.

IMO we are much too humble after landing that recruiting class.

Now I see the latest talk is that A&M is overrated.

All this off-season noise is predictable. It happens every year and it's usually the same things being said by the same parties.

Things that matter are wins and losses, and recruiting.

All the rest is noise.
SA-AG72
AG
BadAggie said:

Lol another summer and the sips are on the comeback.

IMO we are much too humble after landing that recruiting class.

Now I see the latest talk is that A&M is overrated.

All this off-season noise is predictable. It happens every year and it's usually the same things being said by the same parties.

Things that matter are wins and losses, and recruiting.

All the rest is noise.
Controlling the narrative like some other dysfunctional groups.
BadAggie
AG
At some point this summer the 5-7 sips who lost to Kansas, in football, last fall are going to be deemed a CFP favorite. I mean, it's amusing watching this cycle every year with the preseason hype followed by the inevitable meltdown when the games are actually played.
dcg4403
AG
As much as I hate to say it, tu does have a better chance than us without a doubt. The Big12 gives them an opportunity as not much competition. So dont take it personally. If we were in Big 12 this coming season, no doubt our chances would be much higher than sips. The SEC West is brutal.

I actually think Sark has them winning the Big 12 this coming year. They get hyped and overly confident and then move to the SEC to resume their mediocrity.

Hope to see them go 5-7 but I expect them to compete in a crappy league.
WC94
AG
Sips will lose to UTSA.
BadAggie
AG
Lol every damn off-season the same dumb delusional hype about the sips happens about this time. Must be when they're hitting up boosters and trying to sell season tix.

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.