Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

SI sucks

4,616 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Bad Poster
Definitely Not A Cop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.si.com/college/arkansas/.amp/hogs-baseball/texas-aggies-incarnate-world-sec-baseball

Talking **** about us not wanting to play UIW because win or lose, it would hurt our rankings in baseball. You would think one would blame the ranking system, but no, instead they blame the Ags for looking out for their best self interests. Which is also allowed by the current ranking system.
StinkyPinky
AG
This is journalism? Sounds more like whining. Embarrassing for the author.
If it was any other school, you would likely be in agreement with the author.
He is Ass My Dude
Definitely Not A Cop said:

https://www.si.com/college/arkansas/.amp/hogs-baseball/texas-aggies-incarnate-world-sec-baseball

Talking **** about us not wanting to play UIW because win or lose, it would hurt our rankings in baseball. You would think one would blame the ranking system, but no, instead they blame the Ags for looking out for their best self interests. Which is also allowed by the current ranking system.

Send the guy an email calling out his weak "journalism" that is missing the FACT that it was a mutual agreement between coaches. UIW had played back to back extra innings games and their coach felt the game was moot for both sides. He would rather rest his pitching and get ready for their conf tournament.

He is Ass My Dude
Bonzer103 said:

This is journalism? Sounds more like whining. Embarrassing for the author.

It's from a crying pig sad they dropped the series. There was a similar article yesterday from a Bulldog that didn't appreciate being swept.

Do they not see how obvious they are?
Panama Red
AG
The schools both agreed to cancel.

That's an Arkansas fan site whining.
Panama Red
AG
33 said:

If the author was honest, no I would not. He leaves out a key detail.
greg.w.h
AG
I complained about doing that because it does nothing to address the problem. Schools like DBU have hacked RPI hard by playing games often on the road. We are hacking it by not playing home games. The incentive for a road game is high for those who don't generate much revenue at home.

But it looks tawdry. And mutually agreed could have meant "including inducement."

With that said: RPI sucks. Hop was playing the game of "propose better solution." Let's offer that there is no objective index that cures the flaws of RPI. And selection committees ignore it when they feel like it with "eye tests" anyway…
The Agly Duckling
33 said:

I get your point, and it would be true for many of us, but not all.

I would look at what is incenting the actual cancellation of an actual game that was actually on the schedule, at the behest and agreement of both teams and schools.

I'd take a long look at that and prompt discussion about the topic to see if that can be improved.
He is Ass My Dude
Yeap. Play the game and take an RPI hit. Cancel to avoid that, and risk creating a selection committee bias.

Could come back to bite
TXAGBQ76
AG
Can't believe anyone- especially Aggies still read that rag. I dropped my long time subscription when they wrote a very ugly article about the Bonfire collapse. Haven't even glanced at one since.
My Name Is Judge
They put ladyboys on the swimsuit cover though

That's kinda neat, right?
Unemployed
AG
My Name Is Judge said:

They put ladyboys on the swimsuit cover though

That's kinda neat, right?
Congrats on getting on the cover!!
My Name Is Judge
Aggie1188
33 said:

unless winning the game actually hurts you. Bc that's nuts.
West Point Aggie
AG
33 said:

Ole miss just did it and who cares…this little b**** sounds more like one of you Austin snowflakes..
Let’s Go Brandon!
Charlie 31
AG
Kent Smith is a staff writer for "All Hogs FN (Fan Nation)." That is why he wrote this hit piece against the Texas Aggies Baseball Team after our Ags won this season's regular-season baseball series against his beloved Hogs who are thus now facing not hosting an NCAA regional as we look primed to host such a regional in College Station.

Most sportswriters today are biased; Kent Smith is no exception to that rule.

Quote:

Kent Smith has been in the world of media and film for nearly 30 years. From Nolan Richardson's final seasons, former Razorback quarterback Clint Stoerner trying to throw to anyone and anything in the blazing heat of Cowboys training camp in Wichita Falls, the first high school and college games after 9/11, to Troy Aikman's retirement and Alex Rodriguez's signing of his quarter billion dollar contract, Smith has been there to report on some of the region's biggest moments.
Charlie Murphy
It was whats best of us. If they dont like it, I dont really care.
dixichkn
AG
Any other school does it and it's absolutely crickets. The bullseye on A&M's back right now is undeniable.
Spotted Ag
AG
Play the game.
Covidians, Communists, CNN, FOX, and all other MSM are enemies of the state and should be treated as such.
5 4
S
Quote:

Kent Smith has been in the world of media and film for nearly 30 years. From Nolan Richardson's final seasons (Richardson was fired for speaking out against the racial bias toward African Americans at the University of Arkansas) , former Razorback quarterback Clint Stoerner LOL trying to throw to anyone and anything in the blazing heat of Cowboys training camp in Wichita Falls, the first high school and college games after 9/11, to Troy Aikman's retirement (Pulitzer Prize level reporting) and Alex Rodriguez's signing of his quarter billion dollar contract. Smith has been there to report on some of the region's biggest moments.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
33 said:

Whorn got tired of getting his **** pushed back in on the rivalries board, so he comes here to make ignorant comments? The school we are playing now just did it as well. I'll wait for your defense of the articles slamming them and every other school that's gamed the RPI formula.
AG81
AG
All this because of ONE game at the end of the season??

Oh please.
Dark_Knight
AG
Nice logical fallacy. Nobody is crying about the other schools doing the same damn thing. Multiple schools canceled games. Pull your head out.
Because I'm Batman!

Bad Poster
Definitely Not A Cop said:

SI lost all their credibility when they put fat men on the cover of their swimsuit mags. Im not terribly shocked its poor journalism.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.