Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

The LHN will cease to exist no later than 2025

5,545 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Baron de Bastrop
greg.w.h
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Del Conte lets the cat out of the bag. AFR because it confirms that the SEC invitation does address Texas and OU Tier 3 content. I recommend turning it up and listening to how he explains it…

utah, get me two
no more reruns of the 2005 BCS championship at 11am
Showstopper
AG
Fight the power, sips. If the SEC won't let you keep it, I say you call their bluff and threaten to not leave.
Charlie Murphy
Could they have times that channel any worse? What an absolute embarrassing failure.
maroonthrunthru
AKA The History Channel…

Classic !!!
greg.w.h
AG
Charlie Murphy said:

Could they have times that channel any worse? What an absolute embarrassing failure.
DeLoss Dodds' Folly.
C2 Ag 93
Dammit... now I can't watch the replay of their SEC games...
Scientific
AG
maroonthrunthru said:

AKA The History Channel…

Classic !!!

Thats an insult to the HC, there's still much better content on there.
Sarge 77
Showstopper said:

Fight the power, sips. If the SEC won't let you keep it, I say you call their bluff and threaten to not leave.

I agree…they should kill the deal.
maver1ck
AG
utah, get me two said:

no more reruns of the 2005 BCS championship at 11am
aggiebones
AG
How many times did you watch this channel?

I don't remember ever turning it on and would have had to be a big Aggie thing to do it, which I'm sure never existed on there.

Anyone watch it 10 times? Warning, Ag tag will be removed upon answering yes
West Point Aggie
AG
Dozens and dozens of people are madly disappointed.
Let’s Go Brandon!
cavjock88
AG
What is this LHN channel you speak of? Is this some sort of UHF channel I missed on the second dial on my old B&W TV. Oh well, T&P for their impeding passing and the dozens that will miss them....
happy days
FLHN The Failed Longhom Network. Has a nice ring to it.

WillD
AG
Quote:

Zero
Ag Tag
WillD said:

Quote:

Zero
I tried to watch it once but just couldn't.
AgDad121619
AG
greg.w.h said:

Del Conte lets the cat out of the bag. AFR because it confirms that the SEC invitation does address Texas and OU Tier 3 content. I recommend turning it up and listening to how he explains it…

you act like this a revelation - it was announced that it would fold into the SEC network back when it was announced they were joining
AgDad121619
AG
happy days said:

FLHN The Failed Longhom Network. Has a nice ring to it.

I don't look at it that way - it was huge success ……. For us. The LHN galvanized our leadership to finally forge our own path. And proved to be a boat anchor for the horns
greg.w.h
AG
AgDad121619 said:

greg.w.h said:

you act like this a revelation - it was announced that it would fold into the SEC network back when it was announced they were joining
Pretty sure you can't prove that was announced. Because it was not.
Anchorhold
utah, get me two said:

11am

What other time of day would football games start?
A_Gang_Ag_06
AG
cavjock88 said:

What is this LHN channel you speak of? Is this some sort of UHF channel I missed on the second dial on my old B&W TV. Oh well, T&P for their impeding passing and the dozens that will miss them....

Showstopper
AG
I can't remember what game it was, it may have been the Bret Bielema borderline erotic game. Anyway, it was one where they got their asses kicked. They were having some kind of watch along thing with former players on set. And those guys were CLEARLY drinking during commercials. They got madder and madder as the game went on, as well as drunker and drunker.

It was very good television. I wanted to record the replay, but sadly, they were all cancelled.
rootube
AG
Stone44
AG
No more commercials with the Brokeback Mountain boys Cote and Jordan? Such a loss.
Reno Hightower
Poor Lowell Galindo
Ugly
AG
aggiebones said:

I've seen that gif of Herman flicking off the dozen people that watch the channel, does that count?
EllisCoAg
AG
Was that great victory by Kansas on LHN?
Emilio Fantastico
AG
Hasn't the LHN been kind of the proverbial tree falling in the forest?

I mean, if nobody watches it, does it even matter?
Propane & Accessories
AG
What will the people of Ft. Wayne Indiana watch at 10 PM now?
Baron de Bastrop
AG
As soon as A&M Associate AD Michael Thompson was announced as the new VP at ESPN to manage SEC and Longhorn network content and programming, Del Conte knew they were screwed and announced they were gonna shut it down. Just kiddin sorta

Gig'em Michael!
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
aggiebones said:

I think the A&M - Texas baseball game was on that channel this year. Sooo once.
Sponge
AG
dixichkn
AG
AgDad121619 said:

greg.w.h said:

Are you kidding me? That POS network is the whole reason they're being moved. ESiPN is calling these shots, not the SEC. They want out from under that ridiculous LHN contract in the worst way and they don't care who they have to screw over to do it

And so, here we are……,
rootube
AG
dixichkn said:

AgDad121619 said:

greg.w.h said:

Are you kidding me? That POS network is the whole reason they're being moved. ESiPN is calling these shots, not the SEC. They want out from under that ridiculous LHN contract in the worst way and they don't care who they have to screw over to do it

And so, here we are……,

I think you are assuming that ESPN is going to get out from under that contract which is probably false. My guess is that horn will get all (or most) of their horn network money and then get a slice of the SEC pie.
20ag07
Quote:

As soon as A&M Associate AD Michael Thompson was announced as the new VP at ESPN to manage SEC and Longhorn network content and programming, Del Conte knew they were screwed and announced they were gonna shut it down. Just kiddin sorta

Gig'em Michael!
Ole Miss grad Michael Thompson, who spent way more time at Ole Miss before he followed Ross boy over for a lil bit?

Let's not pretend they hired an actual Aggie to run the LHN for what's left of it, cmon.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.