Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Chad Morris resigns at Allen HS

6,393 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by hogfan14
monarch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Says he has a college opportunity he can't turn down; didn't say where, but his resignation is immediate. Sorry if this is Germans bombed the moon type stuff but I've been out and about and haven't had time to access stuff. Caught this from a writer in So-Cal and his point in bringing it up is that Allen is scheduled to play St John Bosco at Allen to start the '22 HS football season
Peace for Ukraine!
Cow Pie & Fries
Wish him well…. Unless he's going up against us
SEC Champs
AG
He's Frantastic.
SilverTongueDevil
Apparently morris had to leave Allen due to stipulations for his buyout with Arky. The contract had offset language reducing their figure by whatever he's being paid by new employer. That's pretty standard. But…something about HS job will not meet criteria that requires him to seek employment with higher pay.
Arky tried to stiff Bielema after he left and was a position coach for the NE Patriots.
Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser. Vince Lombardi
Ag Tag
As a head coach, his career record is 18 - 40.
SilverTongueDevil
Ag Tag said:

He wasn't even .500 with SMU. Terrible hire by Arky. He was a very good HS coach and solid OC for Clemson. In way over his head running a D1 program. I think he will end up as OC somewhere.
Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser. Vince Lombardi
SuperAg09
AG
I say bring him on as one of the rehab project "Offensive Analysts." Saban has mastered this and we need to bring fellow Ags back into the fold.

He is a great offensive mind, regardless of his head coaching deficiencies
P.U.T.U
AG
I think he made $140k at Allen and it wasn't enough since Arkansas had to cover the difference. Tough life
aggiepanic95
AG
Bluecat_Aggie94
AG
I think is problem is what he says "yes" to.

TxAg76
AG
I think he's a great offensive mind.
Not so much a D1 head coach.
TXAggie2011
AG
SilverTongueDevil said:

Ag Tag said:

He wasn't even .500 with SMU. Terrible hire by Arky. He was a very good HS coach and solid OC for Clemson. In way over his head running a D1 program. I think he will end up as OC somewhere.
He did good work at SMU. A lot of Pony fans were quite upset with him when he left.

He never really wanted to be at Arkansas. Took it because "how can you turn it down?" but the family stayed back in Dallas.

I'm not saying he wasn't in over his head anyways, but he should have stayed at SMU until his son graduated high school and then tested the waters.
W
AG
Chad has a lot of tags on his luggage so to speak
Agsuffering@bulaw
Arkansas probably threatened him. I dont blame them. Taking a HS job is not a reasonable attempt to cover when he could probably make 500k or more as an OC.
_mpaul
AG
aggiepanic95 said:

I've seen this a million times, but it just occurred to me. Is he emulating John Cleese and the Ministry of Silly Walks from Monty Python?

If so, mad props.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
But he gets A&M
hogfan14
TxAg76 said:

I think he's a great offensive mind.
Not so much a D1 head coach.
I think he was an innovative offensive mind 10 years ago but not anymore. He was horrible as OC at Auburn too and has failed pretty much everywhere since Clemson at this point unless you count going 7-5 at SMU.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.