Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Texas A&M has listed t.u. as a team they want to play annually

15,112 Views | 143 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by TXAG 05
maver1ck
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

This should make for a fun thread

Looch is as well connected as anyone in the industry, so there's a 99.99% chance he's right about this one.

I was as ticked off as anyone here when the SEC gave sips an invite, but now that it's inevitable… I'm ready for the rivalry to be a rivalry again. Flame me for it I don't care. Btho tu

Al Bula
AG
Would probably get banned for speaking my mind so just gonna wish y'all fine folks a good evening and be on my way.
bv86ag
AG
I don't give a damn if we play t.u every single year or not.
Just hoping we beat their azzes whenever we do play.
..Make them regret ever signing on with the SEC.
And no matter how much money...trust me...when t.u. loses enough games...they will leave.
maver1ck
AG
bv86ag said:

I don't give a damn if we play t.u every single year or not.
Just hoping we beat their azzes whenever we do play.
..Make them regret ever signing on with the SEC.
And no matter how much money...trust me...when t.u. loses enough games...they will leave.
Vanderbilt ecstatic they won't have to be the doormat of the SEC anymore
The Agly Duckling
Of course, we should play those **ssies every damn year, in every sport. Geography alone should dictate that. Egg Bowl, Iron Bowl, FSU-UF, Clemson-South Carolina, UK-Louisville, UT-Vandy, UGA- Georgia Tech, Bama-Auburn, UGA-UF (WLOCP), OU-t.u., A&M-t.u.........these should each happen every year. Period.
Ag Tag
Going forward, it won't be like it used to be, vs. tu.
Trout
Imagine if we swapped app state with bama and the Ags played tu on sept 10. Or if bjork just put out the offer. Play hard ball. Or play chicken.
Reno Hightower
Gonna be great having to deal with those sacks of **** again.
AgDotCom
Chip Brown's sources are gold. Why not just double tap him above the ear with this and be done with it.....

Bunk Moreland
We should absolutely want to play tu every year. The only people who don't are losers or still somehow suffering from BAS.

The last 10 years have been a net positive for A&M football in almost every way. The only regret has not having been able to go 10-0 or 9-1 vs tu during that span.
amercer
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

We should absolutely want to play tu every year. The only people who don't are losers or still somehow suffering from BAS.

The last 10 years have been a net positive for A&M football in almost every way. The only regret has not having been able to go 10-0 or 9-1 vs tu during that span.
Jimbo4win
AG
FACT: A&M doesn't want Texas in their pod when they join. I am A&M and this is how I feel so I assume everyone else feels the same. It's settled then!
merch
Lot to unpack here.

First, I may be in minority but I dont want to play them every year. We only have 12 games and I don't necessarily care to waste one on them every year when there are better options.

Second, what I care more about is that Texas and OU are forced to play teams like Alabama and LSU every year. Any pod system that allows them to puss out and not have to play those games EVERY year is bull crap.

Third, if we have pods it is inherently unfair to have certain teams in your pod that get neutral site games when others don't. Texas/OU must move to home and away in Austin/Norman.
DD88
AG
It was the sips that refused to keep the rivalry going when we left for the SEC.

It was to our advantage (in brand and recruiting) to let them rot with crappy schedules by remaining in the little 10.

Now that they have realized their mistake and are joining the SEC, I have no problem with playing them every year and kicking their butts. In time, they may catch up, but I don't see them having the same inflated influence in the SEC as they did in the Big 12.

BTHOtu!!!
hunter2012
AG
Sorry Billy, but sports media including ours(and Billy) want this game because it's good for website view, articles, and overall nation attention.

Sorry but we should avoid playing those snakes and at minimum keep them at arms length. Honestly the best way to handle the sips is to ignore them and let them rot in perennial overrated irrelevancy.

Also for the ones that want the game back if that means that we have to be in the SWC/Big12 reunion pod with OU and Arkansas to get the game then your d*mn right I don't want to play them. Give me LSU/Ole Miss/MSST over that rerun.

Still way too many Ags that would rather talk smack at the office cooler the monday after thanksgiving than win a championship in January and it's absolutely pathetic. Sadly we needed about 2 generations of old ags to die off before resetting the rivalry. Instead we rolled over and let Snakey sneak them in through the kitchen window after barely a decade in the conference. My only comfort here is that the SEC officially has an expiration date and I hope Snakey bears the shame he deserves as his legacy.
W
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

what if the net positive was due to being separated from the sips?
Bottlehead90
AG
If you play with a snake and it bites you, don't get mad at the snake. It's just being a snake.
greg.w.h
AG
amercer said:

Bunk Moreland said:

Not wanting to play Texas is an appropriate response to their stupidity when we left. It looks any being a loser or failing to be an Internet tough guy.
Ag Tag
hunter2012 said:

Honestly the best way to handle the sips is to ignore them and let them rot in perennial overrated irrelevancy.

Going forward, I think the best way of handling them is to whip their asses on the field, year after year.
hunter2012
AG
Bottlehead90 said:

If you play with a snake and it bites you, don't get mad at the snake. It's just being a snake.
I used the scorpion and the frog parable over a decade ago to describe the situation. Unfortunately the SEC will drown now before we learn that the extra millions in media rights just isn't worth it.
AG
Ag Tag said:

Wanna bet?
Ag Tag
4 said:

Ag Tag said:

Wanna bet?
I meant the outcome of the game. Scoreboard.
hunter2012
AG
Ag Tag said:

hunter2012 said:

Honestly the best way to handle the sips is to ignore them and let them rot in perennial overrated irrelevancy.

Going forward, I think the best way of handling them is to whip their asses on the field, year after year.
even going 2 for 3 against them will still be a net win for them based on how the media will spin it. Just wait til they start stacking the deck and we inexplicably lose to them.

I've explained this many times, it's not about the d*mn game, it's the fact that they are and will forever be terrible business partners that will poison and corrupt every organization or deal that they touch. This includes the game.

I would have loved to have played them in every bowl for the last decade exactly because they can't fudge with a 3rd party selected game like that. But as far as a contracted game or being stuck in the same conference with them, the less interaction the better. I really hope they get enough curb stomping and their culture erodes to the point that they eventually go independent. Get away from us.
Cotton79
AG
merch said:

Lot to unpack here.

First, I may be in minority but I dont want to play them every year. We only have 12 games and I don't necessarily care to waste one on them every year when there are better options.

Second, what I care more about is that Texas and OU are forced to play teams like Alabama and LSU every year. Any pod system that allows them to puss out and not have to play those games EVERY year is bull crap.

Third, if we have pods it is inherently unfair to have certain teams in your pod that get neutral site games when others don't. Texas/OU must move to home and away in Austin/Norman.
This sums it up perfectly for me, especially the 2nd point. Let tu and OU go through the meat-grinder of the SEC West for, oh, five or six seasons. See how they like that.

Now, don't get me wrong. Jimbo now has the Fightin' Texas Aggie Football team on par with the Bamas and any other Line-of-Scrimmage team. (Mississippi State seems to always have some big boys with "humongous motors" on the backside, if you know what I mean!) Meaning: WE would be the LOS a$$-whoopin team against both Sooner and Horn alike. But they need to enjoy the full menu that the SEC provides.

And yeah... the Red River Shootout is a suspect target, but no less than the business heavyweights of the DFW area would let loose the dogs of war on that issue. That's gonna be a hard one to unpack, but I totally agree about the inherent advantage that venue holds. (THAT should have been a consideration point by the SEC negotiators in that deal.)

Mostly, though, I just don't trust the Sips. Not a chance. I'm Class '79, and while I haven't seen everything - some of y'all have probably seen more than I have - I've seen too much of my fair share of Horn Manipulation & Connivances. It's not just the game itself; it's the whole PR/journalism surrounding it. I call it: The Burnt Orange Menace.

Look, longtime NBC sportscaster Bob Costas said it best some 25 years ago when he was initially talking about the Olympics: "The business of covering sport is becoming BIGGER than the business of sport itself." Geez... that was a quarter century ago! Today's coverage dwarfs whatever Costas was trying to highlight back then. Sadly, Horn dominates that "covering sports" business scene.

And I just don't trust them. Never have, never will.

But bring 'em on the gridiron. We'll stomp 'em in the ground like a cigarette butt... no matter what the Burnt Orange Menace will say about it.

Gig'em, Aggies!
Caesar4
AG
What a big yawn of a topic.
maver1ck
AG
Caesar4 said:

What a big yawn of a topic.

I mean, it's offseason homie

I'm open to any ideas
rondis23
AG
There is no team that is 5-7 that anyone should ever fear. None.
McKelveysCurse
I've heard some would rather not have tu in the conference at all. Win win for everybody.
The Chicken Ranch
AG
tu joining the SEC is a nightmare that I wish would just go away. I don't want to be in a pod with them, nor do I want to be scheduling partners. They are never going to be a cultural fit, nor will they ever respect the leave for what it is. The SEC will be dimished by tu.

Somethings just need to be undone.
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
5-7 team that lost to Kansas. At home.

But sure we scared.
impavidus
AG
Austin radio running with chips story. Saying the sec will put A&M in line and tell them they will have to play Texas every year
AG81
AG
impavidus said:

Austin radio running with chips story. Saying the sec will put A&M in line and tell them they will have to play Texas every year

Illustrative of why I have no interest in ever playing tu again in anything. They're insufferable when we aren't playing them. It's a whole different level when we do, win or lose. I've watched my last A&M tu football game.
McKelveysCurse
Ag Tag said:

I would not bet on this. Hope I'm wrong.

We had em on the ropes..
jsmc71
AG
merch said:

Lot to unpack here.

This. Playing dildoU is a step down in competition from most of the schools in the SEC and certainly almost all the SECw; It's frankly just boring to me unless they'd replace a Vandy or a Mizzou on the schedule.

That said (and as hunter said above), why not just let them rot in irrelevancy? They are legends in their own mind only. I say let em stay that way.

Cyber5
AG
I don't want to be in a pod with tu because I don't want pods at all. 3-6-6 schedule playing tu, LSU, and pig every year is my ideal.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.